Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 12:33 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
It only took 12 years to go from freedom fries to Francophiles.
And it's still lost on those same geniuses that in 2003 what France was saying was:

1) There are no 'vast stockpiles' of WMD [and there weren't, as even the Bush administration conceded before it slunk off into infamy]

2) Saddam Hussein is contained [as he was] and is not a threat [true - the "He's about to attack us!" idiocy was just that]

3) Invading Iraq won't result in a flowering of Middle Eastern democracy [as the idiots claimed] but in a destabilizing power vacuum [it did, and ISIS filled that vacuum]

But expecting enough introspection from the reactionaries to learn anything from even their recent catastrophic screw-ups is expecting way too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 12:36 PM

2,526 posts, read 1,593,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
All the radicalized mosques do is preach hate. They are a breeding ground for terrorism. If the leaders of the mosque are preaching hate toward the country they reside in or any allies , then they should be shut down immediately.

Theres a difference between freedom of speech , and preaching destruction of western countries.
Even in America, freedoms of speech, religion, press and assembly are not ABSOLUTE …

Old 11-19-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
if you come to france, don't go to paris, come elsewhere first, in the southwest where i live for example. i don't really care if people dislike us, i'm born with this knowledge and always assume everyone hates me unless they say they don't. the sad thing here is that too many people believe lies and stereotypes, they go to france (paris), met someone, had a bad experience with him/her, and go back home soon after and tell everyone, but the thing is, that to me it's not suprising, you can make the stereotypes comes true, you just have to come with the good attitudes, be rude, direspectful, like i said before, considering paris like your backyard, speak english to everyone, complain about everything, oh it's not like that in the US, oh this was better at home. problem is, people hate us/dislike us, for things of the past, or for things our government do/did and we have no control over, this is, to me, very stupid. i met plenty of "bad americans" here, full of stereotypes, but still, in the end, i'm not generalizing, like some english speaking people like so much to do and i'm always glad to met a nice and open minded american on the internet. i guess irl things are different, here it's easier to tell what you think, you don't have to hide your feelings.

end off-topic//
Some of us in America understand that the arrogance of, say, Charles de Gaulle, did not truly represent "France," but the spirit of LaFayette DOES ...

Old 11-19-2015, 12:46 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,191,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
Some of us in America understand that the arrogance of, say, Charles de Gaulle, did not truly represent "France," but the spirit of LaFayette DOES ...
maybe we don't have the same definition of the word "arrogance", which is funny because it's same word in french

i don't think de Gaulle was "arrogant", he was just himself, proud. i think some confuse proudness with arrogance.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
maybe we don't have the same definition of the word "arrogance", which is funny because it's same word in french

i don't think de Gaulle was "arrogant", he was just himself, proud. i think some confuse proudness with arrogance.
I lost respect for de Gaulle when he visited Canada and rudely endorsed the secession of Quebec (1967) ...

Old 11-19-2015, 12:54 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,191,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teilhard View Post
I lost respect for de Gaulle when he visited Canada and rudely endorsed the secession of Quebec (1967) ...
i said he was proud, not that he didn't do any mistakes lol. i guess many young french people like me don't understand this, i wasn't born at this time at all, so for me it's old, it's in the past and if everyone keeps getting back to that, the relation between countries can't get any better.

Old 11-19-2015, 12:56 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
And it's still lost on those same geniuses that in 2003 what France was saying was:

1) There are no 'vast stockpiles' of WMD [and there weren't, as even the Bush administration conceded before it slunk off into infamy]

2) Saddam Hussein is contained [as he was] and is not a threat [true - the "He's about to attack us!" idiocy was just that]

3) Invading Iraq won't result in a flowering of Middle Eastern democracy [as the idiots claimed] but in a destabilizing power vacuum [it did, and ISIS filled that vacuum]

But expecting enough introspection from the reactionaries to learn anything from even their recent catastrophic screw-ups is expecting way too much.
Ding ding ding!

Old 11-19-2015, 01:26 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
I have some what different approach ,
a lot of these people are dependent on social services and support .
So every incident any of their kind creates , also creates a drop in services to all of them.
They use the countries resources they occupy till they are broke, that's the plan . it's what they teach.
Remove/reduce the support, and as their continued rebellion causes the more resources to drop they have less to live on and the actions of one,hurt the many a lot more. encouraging self policing .
They failed to do it in their homeland for the lack of discipline ,it is possible they could learn it "IF" the host country has the back bone to fallow it through.
Bleeding heart liberals can go live with them and share their income.
Christians take certain failures seriously and pastors the get in to trouble get tossed out. I've seen it .
We as Christians are not afraid of speaking against something being taught that is not right .
Muslim don't have that liberty , but they should .

Old 11-19-2015, 01:31 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,948,582 times
[quote=Scratch33;41993944]Did he say anything about these folks?

That isn't the topic, go start your own thread.

Old 11-19-2015, 01:31 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,686,837 times
I think that regardless of religion, if a place of worship is openly inciting violence, it should be shut down immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events