Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2015, 03:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Well at least she wasn't the four year old child of a good Christian who just whips his children with sticks in the genitals for talking back.

Adrian Peterson Avoids Jail With Plea Deal In Child Abuse Case
Where does it even say he's a good Christian and where in the Bible does it tell you to beat your kids ?

Trying to connect dots that don't exist is what you are trying to do.

Hey..just close your eyes and hold your hands over your ears and chant over and over "Islam is the religion of peace."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2015, 03:20 PM

1,261 posts, read 950,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Yes because Catholics have no "dress code"

Islamists do have a dress code:
The Islamic Dress Code | Masjid al-Muslimiin
OK, so I myself am neither religious nor a modest dresser, but how is this more objectionable than the dressing advice that conservative Christian churches give their followers? It's actually quite a bit more even-handed than many of the Christian dress codes I've seen, which spend 98% of their effort discussing every possible detail of a woman's wardrobe and then telling boys simply that they should not wear saggy pants. As long as you're not taking it a step further and saying that a person who opts not to dress modestly deserves whatever they have coming to them, it's not horrible and actually quite affirming.

That said, even though this site claims that this is the Islamic dress code, you'll meet plenty of Muslims who don't follow this code. Muslims who wear shorts, short skirts, short sleeves, Muslim men who swim without a shirt on, and Muslim women who wear western style swim suits. It may be what the religious leaders advise, but it isn't an obligatory uniform except in the most strict countries.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:20 PM

10,114 posts, read 19,399,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I agree. The muslim women I've met who wear the face covering do so of their own volition.

They consider it a right and a privilege, not a form of subjugation.

Its ok for them, but not for us. Years ago, I received a letter from my daughter's school telling me she should refrain from wearing "religious symbols" to school. Apparently my dd had committed the atrocity of wearing a Christian Cross on a necklace. As it was towards the end of the school year and we were moving, I let it go. Imagine my chagrin when I went into the school office to turn in my daughter's records transfer request, and handed them to an office lady dressed in that "thing" chador, burka, whatever its called. Apparently its ok to display some religious symbols, but not others

Old 11-30-2015, 03:24 PM

1,261 posts, read 950,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
They consider it a right and a privilege, not a form of subjugation.

Its ok for them, but not for us. Years ago, I received a letter from my daughter's school telling me she should refrain from wearing "religious symbols" to school. Apparently my dd had committed the atrocity of wearing a Christian Cross on a necklace. As it was towards the end of the school year and we were moving, I let it go. Imagine my chagrin when I went into the school office to turn in my daughter's records transfer request, and handed them to an office lady dressed in that "thing" chador, burka, whatever its called. Apparently its ok to display some religious symbols, but not others
I would agree with you that this is not fair, and hope you would have discussed it with the school if you were staying. Sometimes administrations make silly decisions and all that is needed is a thoughtful discussion.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:25 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,286,399 times
Quote:
Where does it even say he's a good Christian and where in the Bible does it tell you to beat your kids ?

Trying to connect dots that don't exist is what you are trying to do.

Hey..just close your eyes and hold your hands over your ears and chant over and over "Islam is the religion of peace."

The Faith of NFL Star Adrian Peterson | CBN.com (beta)

Oh right, he's only a good Christian when he brings up Jesus in regards to his recovery from injury. When he does something wrong in Montgomery County he's just another one of "them" who don't know no better 'cause that's how they's brought up.

As far as the Bible goes, it's one of the dang Ten Commandments. Oh, and the punishment for breaking that commandment? Death.

Exodus 21:17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.

You need to connect your own little dots..."Christianity is the religion of tolerance and understanding"...

Old 11-30-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:

Oh right, he's only a good Christian when he brings up Jesus in regards to his recovery from injury. When he does something wrong in Montgomery County he's just another one of "them" who don't know no better 'cause that's how they's brought up.

As far as the Bible goes, it's one of the dang Ten Commandments. Oh, and the punishment for breaking that commandment? Death.

Exodus 21:17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.

You need to connect your own little dots..."Christianity is the religion of tolerance and understanding"...
Well your first article says that he beat his son the way he was beat by his father growing up.
That has nothing to do with the Bible or religion.

Old 11-30-2015, 03:58 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,171,554 times
Quote:
Yes, just this last week hundreds of Christians beheaded non believers and planted bombs to hurt countless innocent people.

Or was that the Buddhist or Hindus? It's so hard to keep track.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:01 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,286,399 times
Quote:
Well your first article says that he beat his son the way he was beat by his father growing up.
That has nothing to do with the Bible or religion.
I'm not getting your argument. So your saying your faith has zero impact on how you act or influence on how you should act? That's not exactly a ringing endorsement for your Pastor. Or is it that Jesus only gets credit when it's a good thing, but not when you do something wrong?

Old 11-30-2015, 04:03 PM

17,568 posts, read 13,339,567 times

I hope that they throw him jail and lose the key
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 11-30-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:

Christianity starts with the New Testament, not the Old Testament.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events