Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2015, 12:32 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,467,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Your opinion makes sense and I can respect it.

Thank you.
Here's an interesting study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, JAMA, on the topic:

Want to Live Longer? Eat a Plant-Based Diet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2015, 12:58 AM

775 posts, read 776,312 times
What irks me is being lectured about eating meat or drinking bottled water by people who smoke or hang out in smoky places. Really?

Old 12-23-2015, 04:56 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
I did my best to give you the gold standard of information I trust. Pcrm is a group of medical professionals who are dedicated to factual information about the vegan diet

I have been a vegan for almost fifty years.... My wife forty..
She has run over 100 marathons and is muscular and very fit.I have done all types of athletics my whole life... I have to be very strong for my job... I also work very hard on my nutritional demands... But after being vegan for so long I know nothing else so it is very easy for me

Thanks for reading the link. I hope you found it informative
I am not looking for information from a group dedicated to any specific findings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek64 View Post
Here's an interesting study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, JAMA, on the topic:

Want to Live Longer? Eat a Plant-Based Diet
This study is much more interesting to me as I trust the source much more.

Old 12-23-2015, 05:01 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times
Is this topic talking about the fact that eating many vegetables causes a person to have gas and that gets let out into the atmosphere when they pharte?

Old 12-23-2015, 05:19 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times
How much money was used on this study? I am amazed at the amount of research and studies being done on useless information.

Old 12-23-2015, 05:46 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I am not looking for information from a group dedicated to any specific findings.

This study is much more interesting to me as I trust the source much more.
Pcrm generally self funded
Jama funded by big pharma

However results are inescapable

Want to live longer..live lighter.. Be smarter

Go VEGAN

At least you're reading... That's the first step to change

Old 12-23-2015, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Pcrm generally self funded
Jama funded by big pharma

However results are inescapable

Want to live longer..live lighter.. Be smarter

Go VEGAN

At least you're reading... That's the first step to change
I read a lot. Like you just wrote that PCRM is generally self funded. What does that mean? Generally where do they get their money from? They certainly could be as biased as JAMA.

Also the JAMA study talked about a few years. I am really not seeing the trade off.

Earlier you wrote "A vegetarian still hasn't evolved..." which I find odd since there are lots of vegetarians evolved.

Truth is they just do not need to be that intelligent or fast to catch a plant.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:20 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,086,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I read a lot. Like you just wrote that PCRM is generally self funded. What does that mean? Generally where do they get their money from? They certainly could be as biased as JAMA.

Also the JAMA study talked about a few years. I am really not seeing the trade off.

Earlier you wrote "A vegetarian still hasn't evolved..." which I find odd since there are lots of vegetarians evolved.

Pcrm uses private funding... People who attack it say it is funded by oeta and an arm of same and has only ten percent doctors on staff... Of course the detractors are the meat industry and ama.... Much of the jama research you read about dairy being hood for your body..or meat making you strong are simply research funded by the industry...

I'm willing to look at any research couoed with what I see with my own eyes... One trip past the stockyards readilyvisible offthe five freeway here in California tells one all thry need to know

You're eating what the steer ate... Why waste the energy?.. Eat the source ..not the unhealthy by-product

Truth is they just do not need to be that intelligent or fast to catch a plant.
What I was referring to was the whole concept of being a VEGAN vs using meat or meat based products.. A vegetarian basnt evolved to the healthiest diet by default.... A vegetarian still supports a cruelty based good chain... A vegetarian still is subjected to the same harmful food products a meat eater uses..just to a lesser extent.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:33 AM

Quote:
What I was referring to was the whole concept of being a VEGAN vs using meat or meat based products.. A vegetarian basnt evolved to the healthiest diet by default.... A vegetarian still supports a cruelty based good chain... A vegetarian still is subjected to the same harmful food products a meat eater uses..just to a lesser extent.
Not this vegetarian:

Also I do not think you are using the word "Evolved" properly.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:50 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,217,972 times
Another pasty, unhealthy almost-vegetarian.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events