Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 08:33 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times

Advertisements

Plants know when they're being eaten and try to fight back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 10:26 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Now we know where porkulous goes and why our taxes are wasted

Old 12-18-2015, 10:34 AM

135 posts, read 169,790 times
I can't argue that this world is witnessed as lifeforms eating other lifeforms. We might all just be food for the moon as gurdjieff once wrote.

But I do challenge the notion that humans must do as animals. The problem with humanity is we give more credence to any message that is supposedly "scientific" or endorsed by "authority figures."

Just because somebody is a PHD or works for the USDA doesn't mean they know what they are talking about. In fact, they are probably unaware they've been assimilated into a false-health indoctrination and run with it because its human tendency to tower over others once you've struggled to reach a certain position and the fact that very few people are immune to commitment bias.

My opinion is that a vegetarian diet leads to higher levels of consciousness. I've wavered between vegetarianism, raw food, and cooked junk food possibly because I like change more than anything else. What I can conclude is that my best thoughts and feelings are always when i've stayed away from processed foods and meat. Its subjective, but I do come closer to spiritual living the less I eat as well.

It cannot be refuted that hormones, pesticides, insecticides, and other chemicals in your food is of no benefit to you.

When considering the impact of a diet high in meat consumption in regards to resources utilized and pollution expelled, it also cannot be refuted that consuming meat simply uses more resources and results in more pollution than if we didn't.

Bill gates delves further with an excellent study on gates notes titled, "Future of Food."

Old 12-18-2015, 11:35 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Now we know where porkulous goes and why our taxes are wasted
It is a waste because it does not fit your narrative. So enlightened. LOL

Old 12-18-2015, 11:41 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
In answer too your question, no. And no one smokes inside my house or car.

As I said, I make the best choices available. We all should, because your choices effect everyone else. Not just you.

The WORST available choice is eating factory farmed meat or poultry.

Most of us live lives that exist in some shade of grey. It is never "Should I club a seal today? Or disconnect myself from the internet?

It's more like "should I eat at McDonalds or make myself a hummus and veggie sandwich?"
Ahhh. A reasonable voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
Just because you believe your choices are better does not mean they are. It also does not mean they do not come with their fair share of hypocrisy.
Watch some slaughterhouse videos and tell us what a great choice you're making.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:46 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,483,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Watch some slaughterhouse videos and tell us what a great choice you're making.
I only watch them when I am eating steak. The splitter is the best. The smells are the worst.

Nature be crueler.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:47 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Plants are just waiting for use fleshy animals to die off, so we can enrich the soil in which they grow.

Old 12-18-2015, 11:56 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
k, let's all starve.

Old 12-18-2015, 12:03 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
Quote:
Someone who has been taught from birth to eat meat and meat by products might have a hard time understanding that they have simply been brainwashed by an industry bent upon cruelty.. deception... food modification... and heavily biased marketing.

Vegans arent superior to anyone,,, however they make the conscious choice to not support such the well funded well marketed meat industry for all the right reasons.. health (Vegans can be some of the best athletes in the world), conscious living (understanding and living the circle of life), spirituality (you ARE what you eat and if you eat foods derived from horrible practices this does affect ones own spiritual path)

Do Americans care where their food comes from... most do not.. So they dont WANT to know what they do to the planet is horrible.. from Tyson Foods to Jimmy Dean.. enough salt and fat to fulfill their pleasure receptors they'll eat anything

Being a conscious healthy vegan requires work.. at least in the beginning if you are transitioning away from a meat based diet (note I dont talk about being a vegetarian... which is only one step removed form being a meat eater). Understanding food combining, amino acids, proper nutrition is a challenge... but one that has been fully researched and is easy to follow if one desires the effort.. most Americans do not.. many are deadened by their consumption of meat

For those who want to go one step further beyond the health aspects of being a vegan and move into the spiritual side taking on not wearing leather (which I will state for the record is very hard for me.. but getting easier as I wear boots and equipment that have been traditionally leather..but thankfully more choices are available today) or engaging in consumption of products that are animals based ( I marred a natural (and as such beautiful) woman who never wears makeup and is vegan as well.. I dont think I could have ever been attracted to a person who eats meat)
We would like to grow ALL of our food but we havent yet... but that is for logistical reasons of water and not that we dont have the skills... we are working on transiting to such a lifestyle)

It means instead of grabbing .. I dont know.. lets say 409.. a common cleaning product we use vinegar and baking soda instead...
It means looking at alternative fuels for our vehicles... in the case of my old truck... propane.. and bulding the vehicle around the fuel (and I would be happy to talk about the modifications to do so)

It means looking at naturally dyed cloths of natural materials when possible... and if not using the petrochemical produced ones to their fullest life.. not being a consumptive person

It comes down to a choice.. do you understand that EVERY choice you make (pro life for example) can affect someone else.. That food choices are important because we have already overpopulated Mother....

Those of you that salivate over dead flesh today.. well... nothing that is said here will change those deeply ingrained beliefs because you and your body have been hyper-conditioned,,,

Conscious thought takes conscious action

Would you eat your dog?.. many hunters love their dog as much as their wife.. dogs are delicacies in many places in the world...
I think not...

To hunters of innocent sentient beings I always say... dont be a pussycat.. hunt terrorists.. do the world a favor.. reduce the population...of things that shoot back... laying in your blind with your scope with a food plot planted to bring innocent beings to you for your lust to kill... now that is truly sick psychotic behavior

Slaughter is slaughter... there is no humane right way.. not when better alternatives for food are available..for the last seconds of its life.. in the seconds an animal is being executed just what kind of chemicals do you think are released into it's organs as it is being murdered...you eat all of those... plants arent sentient ... as much as meat eaters like to state they "feel" pain... they dont go through the same process

As a vegan I note and it is stunningly clear that you are what you eat... heavy meat consumers begin to look animal like to me...

Eat the magic bean...
Excellent post!

Old 12-18-2015, 01:32 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,231,290 times
Quote:
I call complete bogus on this research... and made me immediately wonder who funded it... the meat industry?

The carbon foodprint of 5 diets compared | shrinkthatfootprint.com

Go vegan... Ive been one over fifty years... I know I tread more lightly than my meat eating friends just by seat of the pants observations... and certainly by SMELL.. I can easily smell heavy meat eaters... and certainly their waste products.. putrid dead flesh being digested and sitting in the gut can be pretty smelly...

The above article lays it all out pretty well back by research
Not only does it make sense it is better organized

Too many people
Neuter all felons of the dangerous kind
Complete BS; vegans fart more than anyone. I know, I was militantly vegan for 8 years and primarily only hung out with other vegans.

By the way, I suggest you do some research here: for one, meat does not just "sit" in the gut but of course it may move slower through depending on other factors other than it simply being meat. And, two, all organic matter rots. Toss some veggie scraps into a bucket and let it sit for awhile. Then come back and tell me it still smells like a garden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events