Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2015, 12:48 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,952,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I care. She would not be right for my business. Nobody gets to decide that but me, the boss. I don't care what someone does outside of the workplace, but I do care about mannerisms and personal appearances within. Dresses and purses on men don't cut it. Neither do women who emulate John Wayne.

I don't cave into pressure from trans, gays or whites. Pressure is what made me strong.
Fine, don't. It's your loss. I would hire the right person if they were purple and yellow polka dots. The right person is beneficial to me, first and foremost. But then, I'm in an industry that does not do well with close mindedness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 12:57 PM

2,284 posts, read 1,584,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Fine, don't. It's your loss. I would hire the right person if they were purple and yellow polka dots. The right person is beneficial to me, first and foremost. But then, I'm in an industry that does not do well with close mindedness.
Everyone who disagrees with the LGBT agenda is closed-minded, old, conservative, white, never worked with or knew gays, a christian,catholic,protestant, uneducated, spewing hate, a bigot,a republican....blah blah..
What else you got left because none of those fit me or millions of others against this particular NYC law?

Old 12-31-2015, 01:09 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
So gays or lesbians, or people who merely look or seem gay or lesbian to you, won't be hired by you?
I apply that rule in screening tenants to the homes I rent. Anyone who seems like a potential problem, even if it might stem from a need for needless drama, gets the cut. Trannies would get the quickest cut of all. Why can't employers have that same choice in avoiding future problems? Of course you don't state that as the reason, but it usually is. Just say early on in the conversation "I have multiple candidates and will let you know." Works for me.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:10 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post

Hire anyone you want. I don't care. I won't ridicule you for it. I won't call you derogatory names.
But I doubt very much that you would hire a male in nylon stockings and a wig to serve food to customers. Nobody would...except a place that caters to people like that.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:16 PM

981 posts, read 1,620,966 times
Well, I work in a restaurant. I was wearing a wig when I was hired. No nylon stockings. Still, they hired me and we cater to anyone because we are not bigoted.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:19 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
If you are born a man like bruce jenner then you are a man......period.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:19 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
I apply that rule in screening tenants to the homes I rent. Anyone who seems like a potential problem, even if it might stem from a need for needless drama, gets the cut. Trannies would get the quickest cut of all. Why can't employers have that same choice in avoiding future problems? Of course you don't state that as the reason, but it usually is. Just say early on in the conversation "I have multiple candidates and will let you know." Works for me.
So anyone who is gay, lesbian, or trans is full of drama and is automatically a potential problem? Digging yourself a hole here.

Old 12-31-2015, 02:41 PM

5,660 posts, read 5,088,512 times
Quote:
So anyone who is gay, lesbian, or trans is full of drama and is automatically a potential problem? Digging yourself a hole here.
I'm the one putting business assets at risk, so my decisions are the only important ones. Just as with any employer.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:10 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,474,697 times
Quote:

No, but the activists are. And they are many. And since we can't always determine who is an activist and who just wants to work without causing a problematic scene, we employers have to protect ourselves. That's one reason for The Interview.. to weed out the problems. If you appear to have an agenda at The Interview, you will not be hired because I'm not willing to take that risk. If you're gay or lesbian, there's no reason I need to know that during The Interview. If you make it my business, you'll lose. If you're a male posing as a female, you won't even be considered for employment, no matter the resume you present.

Old 12-31-2015, 07:56 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Then stop talking about it. You're right - none of this is your problem, but it doesn't stop you from talking about it, does it? It doesn't stop you from admitting you think transgender people have something wrong with them, that they're not born in the wrong body (aka that something DIDN'T go wrong in development), and it doesn't stop you from admitting you will refuse to call them by the gender they identify as. So for something that's not your problem, you're sure talking a lot about it.

MY post is drivel? Laughable. People like you will never get it. NEVER. I don't know why I even try on these threads, dealing over and over again with people who will never understand or even care enough to educate themselves or understand what someone else's life and experiences are like, and why they may be that way.

I know a hell of a lot. I can tell by reading posts like yours. So you were friends with a transgender person you worked with, congrats. It doesn't mean your opinion on them isn't complete sh*t. Sounds to me like you were only friends with her because she didn't care that you preferred to call her a him and refer to her as a male. Not everyone is like that. Not every transgender will want to be your friend and would want to be so kind to you. Many transgender people would be offended by your words, and rightfully.

If you want to continue insulting people by not calling them by the gender they identify, fine. No one can make you. But as time goes on, and society moves forward, you will be in the minority and more and more people will disagree with your antiquated outlook.
Stefonknee Wolschtt

Transgender father Stefonknee Wolschtt leaves family in Toronto to start new life as six-year-old girl

/mic drop
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events