Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2016, 07:26 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,580,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
There is now, a satellite version of the shooting which shows a different story...
Actually no, that video shows him charging out of the truck and getting shot just like that dude said.

Quote:
hmmmm, again, who to believe....? I don't know, but, what I do know is, we had all better reassess who we believe in...
Speak for yourself, you're the one who started coming up with all the theories about the cops killing this guy in cold blood. Now that interviews with others and video show that not to be the case I'd invite you to reassess how you do "research" and why what you think is research led you astray.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 07:36 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,580,425 times
Quote:
well, she is the second person I heard say, the men when asked to get out of the car, did exactly what the feds told them to do...and the feds fired first...and it did start as a Farm War, years ago.
You nailed it.

After a high speed chase where this armed guy who vowed to not be taken crashes trying to dodge a road block I'm quite sure the federal officers on the scene were shouting at him to jump out of the car and run around frantically while reaching his hand into his coat for his gun. He complied with those commands, and they shot him anyway.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:42 AM

497 posts, read 428,440 times
What is there to understand here? He knew that the BLM owned the land he was grazing on, yet in protest he tried to pay the state agency, who wouldn't accept the payment because they don't own the land. He didn't then go pay the fees he owed to the BLM. He refused to pay the fees that he owed.

I think most ranches also think the Bundys are bad guys. For most ranchers in the west, their whole business model relies on cheap grazing on federal land. Bundy's self serving actions are threatening to undermine this relationship, which could bring all their businesses crashing down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Something not many understand.......all they see ranchers are the bad guys!

Old 01-29-2016, 07:52 AM

1,535 posts, read 1,392,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Look, here's my point, Randy, the "quiet family man" was up to no good just for the fact that he was drawn to the likes of Richard Butler and his band of misanthrope racist imbeciles, NO ONE else in his area was so inclined, and that fact when extrapolated by a factor of the presence of FBI, Kootenai county Sheriff's office, the Idaho State police, all keeping tabs on that rag tag bunch up at the lake, put Randy at risk, at a huge risk.

Yes, it did put him at huge risk- but it should not have.

Democratic societies give leeway to idiots like Weaver, Farrakhan and his sort of, kind of followers, and also to the people who are hanging out at the apartment in Chicago where Bill Ayers of radical leftist nobility fame holds court. Assosciating with Ayers, Farrakhan and Butler does not void your constitutional rights, nor should it lead to the death of your wife and son due to government incompetence.

In the case of Weaver, he had never been convicted of a crime, there was no evidence that he was plotting a crime (other than the arguably too short shot gun / entrapement). Even Weaver's rants were by right wing nut job standards, pretty low key. In short, the fact that Weaver was an idiot does not justify or excuse the government actions in the case. It would be the same with a Farakhan associate, or a Ayers assosciate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
Vicki Weaver died, mistakes were made, but she died because her idiot husband thought that things would always go smoothly, the lesson Randy learned, and as his neighbors will attest to, is, don't go looking for trouble....
That is a pretty dismissive tone for what happened. What about people on the opposite end of the socio political spectrum? Agruably, Walter Scott, Michael Brown and Freddie Gray also went looking for trouble. Did they also learn good lessons?

Last edited by Cryptic; 01-29-2016 at 08:18 AM..

Old 01-29-2016, 07:53 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,980,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Protests by unarmed civilians being compared to an illegal occupation of an area by well armed terrorists ...and yet having the audacity to call others hypocrites.

Raging paranoia duly noted!!!!!!!!
Unarmed, yet carried the tools to burn and loot. I'd call destruction of property and arson equal to illegal occupation.

Both groups were criminals. The hypocrisy lies on the ones that call one group criminals and give a pass to the other.

Old 01-29-2016, 07:59 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
I have. And I am aware of SCOTUS being wrong on several occasions on several topics. I'm certainly not the only citizen to recognize error by the judges at different times.
So you advocate just following the laws one agrees with?

Old 01-29-2016, 08:47 AM

8,340 posts, read 6,790,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
What do you suggest we call someone that breaks into a building, destroys public property and threatens to kill police officers? I think criminal is actually one of the kindest terms that can be used to describe the redneck filth that took up arms against our country in the standoff at Moon Pie Masada. If only they had the same courage the Jews displayed in their standoff, we could all agree to call them the dearly departed.
I call those people #BLM and #Occupy but liberals think they're patriots.

Old 01-29-2016, 08:56 AM

28,900 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Dennis Michael Lynch's video
Shows the true story of what happened...and how the Feds shot an unarmed man....
If your at all interested, google Dennis Michaels Lynch and click on Dennis Michael Lynch's facebook page shows the real story of what happened.

Old 01-29-2016, 09:01 AM

A federal judge made it clear Thursday that she won't release any of the alleged federal conspirators accused in the armed takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge as long as the occupation is still active. "So long as that situation is ongoing, I'm not going to release anybody from custody,'' U.S. Magistrate Judge Stacie F. Beckerman said during the first court appearance for three more people charged in the case. The continued occupation only increases the defendants' danger to public safety and risk of flight, Beckerman said. Judge won't release Oregon standoff defendants as long as refuge occupation continues | OregonLive.com

Old 01-29-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Dennis Michael Lynch's video
Shows the true story of what happened...and how the Feds shot an unarmed man....
If your at all interested, google Dennis Michaels Lynch and click on Dennis Michael Lynch's facebook page shows the real story of what happened.
I did...and I watched the same video that has been posted here. Finicum raises his hands then drops them and reaches in his waistband - you think the cops should have waited until he shot a few of them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events