Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2016, 03:49 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
But the Feds are cracking down in a very cowardly way. Waiting three weeks, making a few arrests, etc.

The Feds have not gone all in yet and put this stand off to an end but rather made a few arrests yesterday because:

*Those making decisions at the Federal level WANTED the arrests yesterday to result in the death not of one of the militia members but rather were hoping on a death of at least one member of the Federal team that made the arrests.

Simply because, if or when that happens, the Feds will then (within a matter of a few hours) execute an already drafted plan to go in and kill every single militia member at the stand off. Using the death of a Federal agent as the default reason to massacre the militia members.
This is the type of thought that develops when anti government sentiment grows out of hand!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 03:57 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,359,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
What difference does it make? Many of the same posters showing sympathy for a terrorist scumbag armed with actual guns that stated many times that he was willing to kill police officers said that a police officer had no choice but to shoot a 12 year old kid playing with a toy gun.

If you take up arms against our country and threaten to kill people while playing out some delusional sovereign citizen fantasy, you deserve to die. Simple as that.

Personally, I would have preferred to see all of these idiots spend the rest of their lives in cages with no access to their precious guns while fighting off the advances of dozens of sexual predators on a daily basis. A quick death is a mercy I wish none of them received.
lol I couldn't have said it any better. Now the police is bad because the victim isn't a "thug." I am just chuckling at all the terrorists, terrorist sympathizers and their countless excuses. The inconsistency in their argument is beyond ridiculous. Completely fits the definition of not just a hypocrite but also a bloody racist.

Old 01-27-2016, 05:56 PM

12,722 posts, read 7,582,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
They didn't even fire on the Feds....the Feds fired on them.....but the feds are claiming differently, of course....
Were you at the scene analyzing bullet casings to determine this or are you just one link in a long chain of people parroting what each other said without really knowing?

Are you thinking there was some independent witness that happened to be driving by on this rural road when the take down happened, and in the flurry of gun shots ringing out among all those cops and armed militia types they were able to make the instant analysis of exactly who fired and who didn't? Then that person dutifully posted it on the internet! I don't suppose you know who that witness is?

Old 01-27-2016, 06:53 PM

620 posts, read 1,747,335 times
These buffoons need to learn how to be men. They cry about not getting/using land resources for free. They try to get their way by bullying with their guns. How about actually getting a job, save some money and buy your own damn land. They seem like such gutless cowards. Sounds like this loser took the easy way out via suicide by cop.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:06 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,330,332 times
Default Following Death of Follower Bundy Raises White Flag.

Protest leader Ammon Bundy has asked, through his attorney, that the remaining occupiers at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon go home.

"To those remaining at the refuge, I love you. Let us take this fight from here. Please stand down. Go home and hug your families," Bundy said in a statement. "This fight is ours for now in the courts. Please go home."
Oregon standoff: Ammon Bundy asks colleagues to go home - CNN.com

Too bad Bundy never learned the difference between playing revolutionary and being one.

Old 01-28-2016, 03:17 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Looks like Ammon Bundy will be doing his grandstanding in court and rather than let those left back at the bird sanctuary dwindle away as they fuss with one another and run out of snacks, he is telling them to head home.

Gotta love Bundy's instructions to the Feds to let them leave without prosecuting them for destroying public property, etc. That's big of him.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:20 AM

28,903 posts, read 30,284,252 times
I don't believe a whole lot of us, know the real story here....
So instead of believing the tid bits, the media is reporting....decided to do a little of my own research...

Here is the real story....

Oregon Standoff

Old 01-28-2016, 06:20 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,318,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't believe a whole lot of us, know the real story here....
So instead of believing the tid bits, the media is reporting....decided to do a little of my own research...

Here is the real story....

Oregon Standoff
I read your article. Its a paranoid blog written by someone named "Barbara Peterson". I looked at the section where she gave a biography of herself and described what she stood for. She apparently believes Americans are being poisoned by genetically modified food. She thinks putting fluoride in the water supply to prevent tooth decay is a way of poisoning the populace as well. She also seems to oppose vaccination for similar reasons. The nice way to put it is that Barbara doesn't think and reason the way that people without an extreme amount of paranoia do. I actually feel sorry for her. She seems a very disturbed person.

The title "Farm Wars" in and of itself is a big clue where she is coming from. I submit that anyone who is trying to say exactly how this shooting went down at this point doesn't know what they are talking about.

You say you have done "research". If that's your idea of research, it doesn't meet the standard that normal people mean when they use this word. Research would mean comparing witness statements, looking at a video of the shooting, and looking up when the law says its permissible for law enforcement officers to use deadly force. You haven't done any of this.

I think the government showed a great deal of restraint in how this matter was handled. Nevertheless, I won't form an opinion about whether this shooting was justified until I have more facts. That's what all of us ought to do.

I am sure no matter how this shooting went down, these groups will try to make Finicum into some kind of martyr. Strange indeed. From what I can tell, these "martyrs" appears to think they should be able to graze their cattle for free on the public domain (our land). Words like selfish and greedy seem more appropriate than "martyr".

Last edited by markg91359; 01-28-2016 at 06:31 AM..

Old 01-28-2016, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Correct, according to a couple of eyewitnesses there was no shoot out, they were invited to attend a negotiation meeting with the FBI, however, they were stopped on the hiway before getting to the meeting by the FBI. LaVoy Finicum was shot by the FBI, LaVoy Finicum was unarmed, the only shootout was the shot fire by the FBI. But, we'll only hear what they want you to know, and the truth will be hidden. Even if they had been armed, Oregon law states the we have the right to "open carry".
Yes, I know, it was a complete set up....

Randy Weaver all over again.

Last edited by cremebrulee; 01-28-2016 at 06:43 AM..

Old 01-28-2016, 06:43 AM

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
I read your article. Its a paranoid blog written by someone named "Barbara Peterson". I looked at the section where she gave a biography of herself and described what she stood for. She apparently believes Americans are being poisoned by genetically modified food. She thinks putting fluoride in the water supply to prevent tooth decay is a way of poisoning the populace as well. She also seems to oppose vaccination for similar reasons. The nice way to put it is that Barbara doesn't think and reason the way that people without an extreme amount of paranoia do. I actually feel sorry for her. She seems a very disturbed person.
I love the way you people throw around the word paranoid, the same way people use the word racist....just because someone's beliefs about issues do not align with yours doesn't make someone paranoid. It isn't paranoid to question Genetically modified food...it isn't paranoid to recognize that cancer is on the rise and its being caused by something, be it the air we breath or the chemicals our body is ingesting...more so, some people think outside the box, doesn't mean they are paranoid and it certainly doesn't make her disturbed.

Quote:
The title "Farm Wars" in and of itself is a big clue where she is coming from. I submit that anyone who is trying to say exactly how this shooting went down at this point doesn't know what they are talking about.
well, she is the second person I heard say, the men when asked to get out of the car, did exactly what the feds told them to do...and the feds fired first...and it did start as a Farm War, years ago.

Quote:
You say you have done "research". If that's your idea of research, it doesn't meet the standard that normal people mean when they use this word. Research would mean comparing witness statements, looking at a video of the shooting, and looking up when the law says its permissible for law enforcement officers to use deadly force. You haven't done any of this.
I have researched this issue for a long time...not just with this article. What is disturbing is that people actually believe what the media is feeding them about this, without knowing the whole story or even how it started.

Quote:
I think the government showed a great deal of restraint in how this matter was handled. Nevertheless, I won't form an opinion about whether this shooting was justified until I have more facts. That's what all of us ought to do.
That I agree with, yes, they did show restraint, until they arrested them, and shot them, when they weren't even being fired on.

Quote:
I am sure no matter how this shooting went down, these groups will try to make Finicum into some kind of martyr. Strange indeed. From what I can tell, these "martyrs" appears to think they should be able to graze their cattle for free on the public domain (our land). Words like selfish and greedy seem more appropriate than "martyr".
Well, that's your opinion, but there is much more to this story then even meets my eyes....

Here is another story which you might deem paranoid
with much more information....
your choice what to believe of course....

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...y-persecution/

and there are many more stories out there....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events