Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 09:09 AM

1,166 posts, read 757,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Until someone provides the video (and probably even after that) people are going to believe what they want to believe.

What difference does it make? Many of the same posters showing sympathy for a terrorist scumbag armed with actual guns that stated many times that he was willing to kill police officers said that a police officer had no choice but to shoot a 12 year old kid playing with a toy gun.

If you take up arms against our country and threaten to kill people while playing out some delusional sovereign citizen fantasy, you deserve to die. Simple as that.

Personally, I would have preferred to see all of these idiots spend the rest of their lives in cages with no access to their precious guns while fighting off the advances of dozens of sexual predators on a daily basis. A quick death is a mercy I wish none of them received.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2016, 09:11 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,011,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
They didn't even fire on the Feds....the Feds fired on them.....but the feds are claiming differently, of course....
Correct, according to a couple of eyewitnesses there was no shoot out, they were invited to attend a negotiation meeting with the FBI, however, they were stopped on the hiway before getting to the meeting by the FBI. LaVoy Finicum was shot by the FBI, LaVoy Finicum was unarmed, the only shootout was the shot fire by the FBI. But, we'll only hear what they want you to know, and the truth will be hidden. Even if they had been armed, Oregon law states the we have the right to "open carry".

Old 01-27-2016, 09:22 AM

78,649 posts, read 60,852,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
Eyewitnesses are reporting that Finicum did not have his hands up and was shot while charging at the police. So, using the typical conservative logic, the man deserved to die for failing to follow orders from a police officer. Or does that rule only apply to unarmed black men?
I don't know why you oppose my idea of holding responsible the local police departments engaged in what you deem to be bad actions instead of trying to project it onto other departments.

You're probably one of the people that the NAACP had to protected witnesses from in Ferguson.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:23 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,735,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Correct, according to a couple of eyewitnesses there was no shoot out, they were invited to attend a negotiation meeting with the FBI, however, they were stopped on the hiway before getting to the meeting by the FBI. LaVoy Finicum was shot by the FBI, LaVoy Finicum was unarmed, the only shootout was the shot fire by the FBI. But, we'll only hear what they want you to know, and the truth will be hidden. Even if they had been armed, Oregon law states the we have the right to "open carry".
And who are those witnesses?

Old 01-27-2016, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I don't know why you oppose my idea of holding responsible the local police departments engaged in what you deem to be bad actions instead of trying to project it onto other departments.

You're probably one of the people that the NAACP had to protected witnesses from in Ferguson.

I don't see anything wrong with a police officer killing a terrorist that made multiple threats to kill people. No matter what their skin color or religion happens to be.

It seems that you do, as long as the person is white and Christian.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:31 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,691,589 times
One thing that has come to the forefront in this entire debacle is the fact that a ton of posters here, like so many in America, have failed to do their reading, that alone would have put all of the "Patriots troubles" in proper perspective. Ammon Bundy and company were out there for over twenty days and the media was all over their bios, AND, some posters didn't even know where they were from..

Why is this important? For the simple reason that these kinds of people (militia) are getting support from those with barely any knowledge of the constitutional laws that supposedly are the founding principles for their actions. Pure ignorance seems to have been ruling these men and their notions of law are as out of whack as their feigned patriotism.

Truly educated, thoughtful, civilized, people do not challenge the government with guns and vitriolic threats, they just don't, but, Robert Finicum, despite his own declaration of being "peace loving," decided to forego all that he was defending and chose death instead. Family men? I don't think so..Peace loving? No again, he was simply mentally deranged.

Scrambled thinking brought his life to a bloody end and now the "other patriots" will be coming out of the woodwork to lionize this simple minded man for his act of ultimate stupidity. Like so many others at this so called standoff, Finicum was failing in life, so was Bundy, their anger was aimed at the government, but on it's face that was no reason to go off the deep end and get yourself killed----UNLESS you wanted it that way as a way out of all that failure and debt...

Old 01-27-2016, 09:53 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,011,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
And who are those witnesses?
I guess, by definition, an eyewitness is a person who witnessed the event. I doesn't matter if the persons were a party to event, it is still an eyewitness. Is guess it all comes down to "who's narrative your going to follow" and who has the most to gain from their narrative.

I'll add this: Let's assume that this person that was shot and killed, exited the automobile with a side arm holstered, the FBI agent saw the side arm and was in fear of getting shot and then shot and killed this person. In Oregon you are allowed to open carry a side arm or a rifle without interference from the police. Now had this person unholstered his weapon, well that's a different story.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I guess, by definition, an eyewitness is a person who witnessed the event. I doesn't matter if the persons were a party to event, it is still an eyewitness. Is guess it all comes down to "who's narrative your going to follow" and who has the most to gain from their narrative.

Are you saying that Finicum, who had traveled hundreds of miles away from his home, had his foster children taken away from him, been mocked mercilessly in the press and had bragged multiple times that he would not be taken alive would just punk out at the end, get down on his knees and beg for mercy? I tend to take these nutjobs at their word, he said that he would attack any cops that tried to arrest him. Occam's Razor is your friend.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:06 AM

47,021 posts, read 26,101,826 times
Quote:
I guess, by definition, an eyewitness is a person who witnessed the event.
That covers "What is an eyewitness?", good job. The question was "Who?"

Old 01-27-2016, 10:19 AM

29,531 posts, read 22,757,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
What difference does it make? Many of the same posters showing sympathy for a terrorist scumbag armed with actual guns that stated many times that he was willing to kill police officers said that a police officer had no choice but to shoot a 12 year old kid playing with a toy gun.

If you take up arms against our country and threaten to kill people while playing out some delusional sovereign citizen fantasy, you deserve to die. Simple as that.

Personally, I would have preferred to see all of these idiots spend the rest of their lives in cages with no access to their precious guns while fighting off the advances of dozens of sexual predators on a daily basis. A quick death is a mercy I wish none of them received.
Amen.

Screw these scumbags and their ilk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events