Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 05:25 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,040,241 times

Advertisements

Of course, there won't be a hate crime charge because it wasn't racially motivated......an the victim is white.
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/nation...icle-1.2533590

Old 02-17-2016, 05:38 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
I support BLM because there obviously is a very real problem between AAs and how they are treated by the police. But I am losing respect for them when I see stories like this. What really turned me off was the comments after the terrorist attacks in France. Suddenly that was front page news and the protests at the University of Missouri were pushed back because it was now old news. BLM members were incredibly disrespectful to the shooting victims with their comments.

But again an entire movement should not be defined by the actions of a few idiots.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:45 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
I don't support BLM. We hear more stories like this one every day. They are bullies and racists and the whole point of their cause is to bully people into thinking that a black person killed by police is more terrible than when a person of another race is killed by police.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:49 AM

6,454 posts, read 9,816,761 times
It wont be the last story we hear of the BLM beating up someone who has no dog in the fight.

Old 02-17-2016, 05:51 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I support BLM because there obviously is a very real problem between AAs and how they are treated by the police.
I concur. They don't listen and refuse to behave appropriately when confronted by police.

Quote:
But again an entire movement should not be defined by the actions of a few idiots.
By now, it's been more than a few idiots and isolated incidents by these protesters. They've been causing mayhem wherever they are gathered. Usually for unsubstantiated cases. What is interesting is that they only seem to come out of the sewers when a black individual is involved in a murder jurisdiction with a non-black individual. Smells like an agenda to me.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:00 AM

17,206 posts, read 15,404,507 times
These aren't "BLM representatives." These are a group of young teenage thugs who used the words of a movement as a backbone to commit their crime: aggravated robbery and assault.

Them asking the man if he believed "black lives matter" doesn't make them representative of those who originally started the movement. Is the Klan's praise of God and Jesus representative of all Christians? Are all Christians racist, hateful people just because a select group of lunatics use certain words to support their agenda?

Old 02-17-2016, 06:01 AM

185 posts, read 242,047 times
BLM promotes division in a time when unity is needed more than ever, that being said, I'd like to hear more about this story before giving a knee jerk reaction. This wouldn't be the first time something like this was mis-reported for some sort of political agenda

Old 02-17-2016, 06:04 AM

17,206 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennValleyDuuude View Post
BLM promotes division in a time when unity is needed more than ever, that being said, I'd like to hear more about this story before giving a knee jerk reaction. This wouldn't be the first time something like this was mis-reported for some sort of political agenda
Yes... Although this wasn't the initial goal of BLM... Unfortunately, it got severely sidetracked, especially once Sharpton and Jackson & Co. got involved...

Old 02-17-2016, 06:11 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
I guess we have to just take this guy's word for what he says happened?

For all we know, he could have flipped them the bird or said something inflammatory.

In any case, those actions do not warrant a beating.

However, if the roles were reversed, and it was a group of white kids beating up a black man, none of you would take the black man's word for what happened. It would be assumed that 'there's more to the story'.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:30 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,088,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I guess we have to just take this guy's word for what he says happened?

For all we know, he could have flipped them the bird or said something inflammatory.

In any case, those actions do not warrant a beating.

However, if the roles were reversed, and it was a group of white kids beating up a black man, none of you would take the black man's word for what happened. It would be assumed that 'there's more to the story'.

The vet has earned his place in our society... Have they?

Doubtful...

Drop them into Syria and let them beat up some isis folks while yelling blm...

Let's see how that works....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events