Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 09:46 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,900,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
When I was diagnosed with cancer, my eldest son called me and said, "Hey Mom, what's eating you?"

My youngest said, "Mom, since they only took out part of your colon, do we call it 'semi-colon cancer'?"

Somebody else remarked that I should stay out of the sun because I could get cancer.

It's how some people deal with the unthinkable.

Is it amusing to think of a penile transplant? To some people, yes. Especially to the males among us. There is no other way they can cope with the thought of losing a "member" of the club. I feel certain that if they met this gentleman, they would be respectful.

I also feel certain the close friends of this gentleman will be lining up to regale him with playful remarks about the new addition. And the biggest laughs will be from him.

I agree I repped you for this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 11:37 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
My introduction to this story is not this thread. I actually heard the guy himself talking in an interview on OPB radio. He is very self-deprecating and funny. I mean, why else pick an unmarried 64 year old civilian to be the test case for a therapy intended mainly to benefit 20 something, married veterans! It is because he makes a much more compelling test subject because he can laugh at himself and his situation, and get others to join in the feel good of the whole thing. He survived. The surgery so far is a success. I haven't seen any jokes that take away from the positives of the whole thing.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:37 PM

17,204 posts, read 15,404,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Some would. I'm pretty sure it's whatever penis is available you can end up with anything size related from a teeny wiener to a donkey dong.
This. Believe it or not, having a larger than average can be annoying, especially when wearing certain types of pants, namely dress slacks.

Old 05-20-2016, 01:43 PM

8,384 posts, read 4,369,703 times
Laughter IS the best medicine.

I wonder how his physical therapy goes?

Old 05-20-2016, 01:45 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
This. Believe it or not, having a larger than average can be annoying, especially when wearing certain types of pants, namely dress slacks.

And soccer shorts. God I hope those never come back in style!

Old 05-20-2016, 02:16 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
It sounds like you speak from personal experience

Old 05-20-2016, 04:08 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,458,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
All joking aside, he has a double victory to celebrate: beating cancer and the successful transplant. I'm sure it was especially traumatic for him to lose his penis. Some women talk about feeling like "less of a woman" when they have a mastectomy due to breast cancer; it's likely he had similar feelings and may have had a lot of embarrassment about it also.
I think it must have been worse for him, medically, since urine in the male exits the penis.

Old 05-20-2016, 05:17 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,386,095 times
No sign of rejection.
I'm glad the wife approves.

Old 05-20-2016, 06:30 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,876,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Laughter IS the best medicine.
Despite undergoing a full recovery, patients frequently reported periodic swelling in the area. While it was almost universally painless, it often made urination difficult or impossible, and caused certain clothing items to fit incorrectly. Many experienced discomfort while standing up, especially in front of a crowd or an authority figure. Some stated that they felt the same discomfort while seated, although they found it helpful to place a large book over their lap. Most reported the condition worsening in the presence of women; this was especially common among teenagers. Despite all that, the swelling is harmless, and should subside after being left alone for a while. Call a doctor if the swelling lasts more than four hours, due to the risk of permanent damage to the area tissue.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:20 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,816,733 times
A highly respective penis doctor Wang performed the 11 hour surgery.

There is a concern that there will be more dickheads at mass general!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events