Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 01:02 PM

2,126 posts, read 1,791,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Years ago, I was on my way home from work to meet my boyfriend for a date when I became violently ill and projectile vomited a breakfast of strawberry pancakes all over the inside of my car. It was everywhere: the dashboard, the seat, and me. I pulled in the driveway, staggered into the house, pulling off pink-vomit soaked clothing and yelling for my mom to help me. An hour later, I got out of the bath, the vomiting episode thankfully behind me, and went out into the driveway to clean up the car. As I exited the house, I was stunned and eternally grateful to see my now husband stooped over the driver's seat and scrubbing away while wearing an apron, elbow-length kitchen gloves, and a face mask. I'm pretty sure I fell completely, totally, irretrievably in love with him in that moment.
I think I just fell in love with him from that story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 01:11 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,612,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
That might be the funniest thing I've read all day!
sub 'day' with 'week' or 'year'...
I feel so sorry for him...

Old 05-18-2016, 01:36 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
That was funny but what was he expecting his wife to do?

We have 6 kids and I have seen plenty of action on the parental field of war. I would just take care of the problem. I get that this guy is claiming he can not take it, but still, is his wife supposed to magically appear? Is she like that insurance agent that when you sing a song leaves where she is and appears next to you?

Old 05-18-2016, 01:36 PM

14,944 posts, read 12,139,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Years ago, I was on my way home from work to meet my boyfriend for a date when I became violently ill and projectile vomited a breakfast of strawberry pancakes all over the inside of my car. It was everywhere: the dashboard, the seat, and me. I pulled in the driveway, staggered into the house, pulling off pink-vomit soaked clothing and yelling for my mom to help me. An hour later, I got out of the bath, the vomiting episode thankfully behind me, and went out into the driveway to clean up the car. As I exited the house, I was stunned and eternally grateful to see my now husband stooped over the driver's seat and scrubbing away while wearing an apron, elbow-length kitchen gloves, and a face mask. I'm pretty sure I fell completely, totally, irretrievably in love with him in that moment.

OMG, he's one in a million! Glad he didn't get away, LOL.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaPig View Post
What? When the kids are on my watch I just take care of whatever happens and then tell him about it later. Sometimes it's routine and sometimes it involves massive amounts of vomit or poop. Yes, he may realize how lucky he was that I had to deal with the bodily fluids but my DH doesn't owe me anything for being a parent and I would laugh in his face if he told me I owed him for the same situation. I would absolutely feel sympathy for what he had to go through but I "owe" him? No.

And having been through more puking and pooping episodes than I'd care to admit, I have no clue how he managed to text multiple long and coherent texts to his wife while it was going on. Makes me think this was staged or something.
I don't think it was staged. That picture of the poor little tyke with the puke all over him, looking pale, peaked, miserable with his eyes red and teary ( as happens after someone vomits) couldn't have been staged, IMO.

I have to admit I wanted to toss my cookies as I read that story, although I've cleaned up my share of bodily projections over the years as a parent and can identify.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildColonialGirl View Post
No, most parents owe the parent who deals with a particularly bad misplaced body fluid. And the non-dealing parent usually realises how lucky they are, too.
I think a load of appreciation is owed on the part of the other parent to the one who dealt with the projectile body fluid ejection and cleaned up the mess, even if it's just gratitude that he/she didn't have to deal with it that time.

My husband and I had a different way of dealing with such incidents-if we were both there during the incident, and were at home, as was usually the case. I'm like the dad in the story with reacting to the smell (and the sounds) of vomiting making me heave and hurl too, or at least come close, but I'm ok with diarrhea, not pleasant but I can handle that. My husband has the opposite reaction, he's ok with vomit but diarrhea makes him want to hurl. We handled the division of duties, so to speak, according to which end the bodily fluid came from

So when our daughter was about 7-8 yrs old, she got some sort of a chronic GI condition they thought might be inflammatory jn nature ( thinking Crohn's disease). She would wake up at about 3AM several days a week with severe vomiting and diarrhea, and generally she didn't make it all the way to the toilet, or even the bathroom, so there was both vomit and diarrhea sometimes on the floor all the way to the toilet. On the times she did get to the toilet both vomiting and diarrhea,,one or the other might make the toilet and the other was splashed all over the floor, walls. I cleaned up the diarrhea, he cleaned up the vomit. Poor kid would also run a high fever often as this happened, and almost seemed semi-comatose when she got through the vomiting/diarrhea. After a couple calls and runs to the pediatrician, they were finally convinced that she didn't have just a routine 24 hr "stomach bug", and referred her to a pediatric GI doc for workup.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:21 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,457,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Hilarious! I think every parent has a story.

I think my daughter was five and had a UTI. She was put on an antibiotic which made her sick to her stomach. On the home from some place she threw up in the car. So my then eight year old saw that and also threw up. We're cleaning that up and then the six year old had to throw up. We've got three kids on the side of the road and we clean out the car. I get my daughter strapped back in and we start to drive off. My middle child comes running after us. We'd forgotten he wasn't in the car. It's funny now. We really looked like bad parents that night.

My mom surely has a story, and I do too because I'm the brother lol. My little sister had to poop once and we are on the expressway, still a long way until where we had to go, and my sister had to go bad so what did my mom have us do? She had me and my younger brother open a plastic shopping bag and have my sister squat and take a dump in it. The smell was so bad but all of us were cracking up (except my sister) but it was too bad to handle we tied the bag and tossed it out the window.

Old 05-18-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
My mom surely has a story, and I do too because I'm the brother lol. My little sister had to poop once and we are on the expressway, still a long way until where we had to go, and my sister had to go bad so what did my mom have us do? She had me and my younger brother open a plastic shopping bag and have my sister squat and take a dump in it. The smell was so bad but all of us were cracking up (except my sister) but it was too bad to handle we tied the bag and tossed it out the window.
ROFL, I can imagine. Did your sister ever live it down?

Reminds me of one of the times my mother and the four of us kids drove from PA to TN-this would have been in the late 50's, early 60's, before interstates ( at least we didn't drive on interstates for those trips). We had been driving for a while, hadn't come across a gas station or any other place there was a bathroom, and we all had to go-bad. Well, I think my brother was able to pee in a plastic drink cup while he was in the car, and he did so and tossed it out the window. But we three girls found that wouldn't work for us, so mom stopped on the side of the road in what looked like a deserted and pretty rural area, there was little traffic. We got out, took turns squatting, by the side of the car, and wouldn't you know it, a police officer stopped his car behind ours and got out, asked my mother if everything was ok. She was so embarrassed she sort of stuttered, turned red and finally said we were ok. And we were all giggling. My sister told the officer that we were all carsick, and my mother agreed with that. Well, seems the officer knew what we were doing (it was obvious) and he sort of smiled, told us to open the car doors so it was harder to see us from the road, bade us a good day and went his way.

Old 05-18-2016, 04:22 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.7traveler View Post
This was the fakest story I ever read. The cops just don't randomly show up right away and pass out breathalyzers. He would have left the ladies front yard right away if she was yelling at him and accusing him of being drunk.
They do in Burlingame (where it happened). One of my coworkers got multiple tickets for texting at a stop sign. Police there have nothing to do. The Police blotter is hilarious. Lawn ornament vandalism and all sorts or other non-crime.

Old 05-18-2016, 04:35 PM

172 posts, read 180,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
I don't think it was staged. That picture of the poor little tyke with the puke all over him, looking pale, peaked, miserable with his eyes red and teary ( as happens after someone vomits) couldn't have been staged, IMO.
I don't think the picture was staged but all the texts. Since his wife wasn't answering her phone or texts he over dramatized/made up what was actually happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events