Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 02:10 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,757,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clikrf8 View Post
I sure hope you have no pets. The world needs more kind and compassionate people rather than practical and realistic.
See this post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
My kitty was very happy and loved until she had to be put to sleep at 12 years of age because of health reasons. I stayed with her and petted her and talked softly to her while she went to sleep. My husband couldn't stay in there and cried like a baby when it was time. So, don't waste any worry over my pets!
Quote:
I don't believe in heaven or hell for any type of life. You can make it heaven or hell on earth.
That was a bit of sarcasm...the point is, if the dogs and cats simply cease to exist, then what's the big stinkin' deal about humanely euthanizing them? There is no suffering involved. I repeat: There will always be more dogs and cats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 08:39 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Quote:
How many callous people like you does the world actually need?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
I pity the cats you're the person of.
Quote:
I sure hope you have no pets. The world needs more kind and compassionate people rather than practical and realistic. I don't believe in heaven or hell for any type of life. You can make it heaven or hell on earth.
Some days I think it's a real shame that we can't allocate a certain number of rep points to a post.

As for the vet...I empathize. I had to leave my job at a vet's office because I could not take the loss of animal life that came when it was not even remotely necessary - it was just humans not giving a damn about anything but themselves. Again.

Old 05-29-2016, 09:40 PM

2,565 posts, read 1,643,573 times
Quote:
See this post:

That was a bit of sarcasm...the point is, if the dogs and cats simply cease to exist, then what's the big stinkin' deal about humanely euthanizing them? There is no suffering involved. I repeat: There will always be more dogs and cats!
Do you really consider gassing humane?

Old 05-29-2016, 09:43 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,680,255 times
Reason why I never volunteer there, I just can't handle it. Just today I saw a baby sparrow who fallen because it could not fly, it was alive on the ground. Heartbreaking.

RIP to this person.

Old 05-29-2016, 10:35 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times
Unhappy *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas
"In a suicide note she left behind, she said: "A (human) life is no different from a dog's;"
No it isnt which is something most fail to realise.... THEY THINK HUMANS ARE BETTER (Which is not true @ all)

Old 05-29-2016, 11:28 PM

1,488 posts, read 1,967,454 times
Quote:
See this post:

Based on your "practical and realistic" logic we can humanely euthanize humans too! After all there will always be more humans. Honestly, do you realize that the type of rationale you presented on this thread is the exact type of logic some of the most evil men on the planet have used to justify genocide? So if you can't see whats wrong with your "logic" then I really feel sad for you.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:12 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
compassion fatigue..... it is real and can be dangerous.....
Actually, if one has never experienced this (as far as putting animals to sleep) it goes way beyond "compassion." My guess most people NEVER think about the "dirty job" this is for every animal shelter worker.

This has got to be one of the hardest jobs around!

I have experienced it, people get you animals spayed or neutered.........Save a human life and sanity!

Old 05-30-2016, 12:12 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Not at all. According to WHO, suicide in China accounts for 26% of all suicides worldwide. The only difference is the reason why they are committing suicide. China is big, but not big enough to deserve 1/4 of the world's self-inflicted deaths.

State statistics differ from actual statistics. In China, women are more likely to commit suicide than men. Traditionally, women are not viewed as valueable to a family as men, as is evidenced by their lack of women available for marriage today. Male babies being preferred during the 'one child' rule.

I would imagine some commit suicide due to depression, but due to the accepted culture's high regard for honor, they don't have to be depressed at all.

If you go back to 1800, America had much more regard for honor than they do today. Duels were legal killings that took place due to a feudalist approach to settle matters of honor = pistols/swords at dawn.
Why? China is big and has between one fourth to one quarter of its population, at 22%. So a suicide rate of 26%, while high, is still within the range.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:14 PM

8,866 posts, read 8,448,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Sorry, but, I don't agree, lol. *shrugs*

"Taiwan, officially the Republic of China (ROC), is a country in East Asia. The Republic of China, originally based in mainland China, has since 1945 governed the island of Taiwan, which constitutes more than 99% of its territory,[e] as well as Penghu, Kinmen, Matsu, and other minor islands, following its loss of the mainland China territory in 1949 in the Chinese Civil War. This remaining area is also called the "Free area of the Republic of China", which is not ruled by the Government of the People's Republic of China (PRC) in Beijing although only 22 countries officially recognize it."

Even if you want to claim Taiwanese never ever left their island or received any outside influence prior to 1945 (which would not be true but anyway), they have been a territory of (i.e. governed by) The Republic of China for 71 years at the time of the vet's suicide.

Here is a story of a Taiwanese video gammer who burned himself to death. The suicide stems from an argument with his father over video gaming.

Taiwan Man Burns Himself Alive After Video Game Argument

"The police in Taiwan speculate that the stress of studies, finding a job, and other elements led to the suicide of Hsueh Jun-Chen. Psychology Today reminds readers that suicide is perceived in a different way than it is in western countries like the United States. It is entirely possible that Hsueh felt he would be less of a burden on his family, or that his death would erase a sense of “shame.” Whatever the reason, it was strong enough for a 22-year-old man to willingly kill himself in an extremely painful way."

If one has studied the math of Statistics, they know 1/5th is not closely related to 1/4th - and, that a 6% difference is considered 'significant'.
I'm not gonna argue with someone who keeps saying nonsense as if she knows Taiwan more than a Taiwanese person.

Quote:
Sounds like they had more than a "few" if the vet was having to euthanize so many. And yes, too many stray cats and dogs create health hazards.
Stray dogs and cats + poor health environment create health hazards. The latter does not apply in this case.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:29 PM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,283 times
Too much people take animals even they are not suitable owners. Laws, laws and more laws to prevent animal exploiting is needed at every country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events