Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 11:06 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,843,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I love that video. I have seen five times so far.

But the cynic in me is thinking in 12 years there will be a news story that begins... Remember that heart warming 2016 video of a little boy hugging a dog, well that little boy is 20 now and he has just been arrested for robbery/rape/homicide...
Or the dog died of old age and the people got a new dog - a pit bull, which ate forty schoolchildren and the bus they were on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 11:45 PM

2,077 posts, read 2,018,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
What if what?

What if space aliens came down and abducted the boy while he was in the garage??
LOL this is a great post ,, I agree what if what ?? They saw on the camera what was going on .

Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
Indeed, who would leave a poor dog like that without any protection, owners should have more responsibility.
This post makes me think of my relatives in Holland seeing that you are in Europe . There if you didn't put your animal in front of your kids , marriage , mom dying of terminal cancer , then you suck. I'd never seen anything like it before or since as a culture .
The dog is just fine . My Dutch cousin back in Holland and her sweet husband divorced over a similar argument she basically moved the animals in the bedroom and he could sleep on the couch - cats , dogs , lizards everything . Terrible, had been together years , don't know what caused her to trip out like that . He is happy now and she is bitter . Right now my bed is loaded with my husband and 3 Siamese .

Last edited by DutchessCottonPuff; 06-10-2016 at 11:58 PM..

Old 06-11-2016, 05:07 AM

11,788 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Or the dog died of old age and the people got a new dog - a pit bull, which ate forty schoolchildren and the bus they were on.

Comments like yours are exactly why people don't see it as a heartwarming story. I have pit mixes and have to defend them daily from ignorant people who don't know the breed or have experience with them but believe everything the media has to offer.

The story and video were cute - but even 50 years ago I was taught to never go near a strange dog and it was hard for me because I love animals.

Any dog will bite:

5-year-old bitten by Labrador recovering, says her pit bull saved her from being seriously injured - wptv.com

Black Lab Attacks Tucson Boy and His Pit Bull

Boy, 3, left with horrific facial injuries as Labrador savages him at Poole Harbour | Daily Mail Online

Owner: Pit bull injured, 3 people attack by black lab | KIMT 3

So much for pit bulls being the only dogs that attack - there are pages and pages of these when you google. And notice how the pit bull defended the family member in a couple of these.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:23 AM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
I heard that the little boy had a dog he loved very much that died. His family hadn't yet decided to get him another one.

This story literally took my breath away. What a precious child and precious dog.

Yes, it has a couple of odd bits. For example, why did the dog owners leave their garage door open? Yes, I'm skeptical. But it's still a great story!

Know lots of people who leave their dogs in open garages. Most persons (at least those with any sense) aren't going to enter a garage with a dog, especially any of the mid size to larger breeds.

The kid still grieves for his pet is all. Hope the family "decides" to get him another soon.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:36 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
This, unfortunately. What if the situation went the other way....

The kid breaking and entering into private property (he's a little boy, he doesn't know any better) and the dog attacks the boy and kills him. Now the owners get sued and the dog gets put down....because the parents can't keep track of their kids.
Easy - the kid was not dog naïve. He had a dog of his own. People who are not dog naïve can usually tell a friendly dog from a killer dog. People who are dog naïve will walk out into 6 lanes of traffic to avoid a Snoopy or Odie dog coming down the sidewalk.

Old 06-11-2016, 09:04 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,983,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
What if what?
FEAR!!!! That is what society is all about now. I sure miss the 70's and 80's. What great times before the hyped up media machine got hold of everyone! Oh well. Nice that the kids hugs the dog. Glad no one was hurt or killed!

Old 06-11-2016, 09:09 AM

17,310 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Sure hope kids don't try to copy this with a neighbor's pit bull!

Old 06-11-2016, 02:08 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,886,931 times
aaww how sweet.

Old 06-11-2016, 02:16 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
I think it's crazy, but leaving garage doors open all day long is very common in my neighborhood.
I leave mine open except at night

Old 06-11-2016, 03:38 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,186,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Shoot for trespassing.
I SINCERELY hope you are joking...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events