Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 09:57 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,383,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I can't believe the guy only got ten years for killing a person ( intentionally ) the first time. No wonder fate had to step in.

People get more time than that for armed robbery with no injuries.
It's the different degrees of the murder category built into the legal system, and depending on the jurisdiction, those varying degrees of murder can have a wide range of sentences. There's murder 1st and 2nd, manslaughter- voluntary & involuntary, vehicular homicide, reckless homicide, etc., and probably some I don't know about. I'm not saying it's right, just the way it is, but it's common for people to kill someone and serve less time for it than others committing less violent offenses. Financial crimes can put you away for 100+ years. Just ask Bernie Madoff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 10:00 AM

8,070 posts, read 12,797,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes more than people realise!!

And this november it will probably be worse!!
Step away from the TV and take a deep breath. Not everything is political; it just seems that way when you get wrapped up in it.

Old 08-12-2016, 10:16 AM

78,454 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wartrace View Post
Step away from the TV and take a deep breath. Not everything is political; it just seems that way when you get wrapped up in it.
I think their point is that there are a lot of people that get crazy over politics and those of us that don't still have to deal with them.

Old 08-12-2016, 10:33 AM

838 posts, read 555,776 times
I enjoy karma stories. Makes me want to break out into song.

"And the wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round,....".

What goes around comes around.

Now if only I can find a willing flamingo to stomp the crap out of some dude living in Orlando.

Old 08-12-2016, 10:44 AM

26,194 posts, read 21,605,372 times
At the end of the day most of these road rage incidents steam from an act that really doesn't matter in the long run or even short run. Windshield wiper spray? Getting cutoff? Come on

Old 08-12-2016, 01:09 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,934,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
At the end of the day most of these road rage incidents steam from an act that really doesn't matter in the long run or even short run. Windshield wiper spray? Getting cutoff? Come on
The real issue is where all the rage is coming from. Those incidents are just one trigger for the release of anger and violence. In my opinion yet another symptom of a sick culture.

Old 08-12-2016, 01:40 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,086,359 times
Did (only) 10 years for murder.

It's safe to say he won't be a repeat offender from now on!

Old 08-12-2016, 05:02 PM

8,070 posts, read 12,797,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I think their point is that there are a lot of people that get crazy over politics and those of us that don't still have to deal with them.
How do you know what their point was? No offense but it seemed to me the poster was trying to link politics to road rage. Road rage is not political at all; it is people that can't handle the stress of life.

You say a lot of people get crazy over politics? That's why I suggested people turn off the TV and take a deep breath. As a matter of fact people should step away from any situation that causes them stress.

Old 08-12-2016, 05:34 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,531,510 times
Not enough info in the OP for me to make a judgement.

Except the guy that shot him seems to be doing everything right. "Public record" isn't so public now-a-days.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:07 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,128,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
It's the different degrees of the murder category built into the legal system, and depending on the jurisdiction, those varying degrees of murder can have a wide range of sentences. There's murder 1st and 2nd, manslaughter- voluntary & involuntary, vehicular homicide, reckless homicide, etc., and probably some I don't know about. I'm not saying it's right, just the way it is, but it's common for people to kill someone and serve less time for it than others committing less violent offenses. Financial crimes can put you away for 100+ years. Just ask Bernie Madoff.
Yup. That guy intentionally kills someone over windshield fluid and serves ten years, and this guy is about to be executed, and didn't kill anybody. Crazy.

In Texas, a man who didn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events