Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 05:15 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Because

“I’m also really chill too, But as you can see from my previous email, I am like a ticking time bomb that sets off when things I don’t like happen to me.”
Let the kids sort it out for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic View Post
I did not express myself well. Here is the propaganda:

Forcing people to reside with people that are different from themselves increases tolerance and respect.

In actuality, the "forcing" part tends to decrease tolerance and respect due to the interference in private life. Instead, programs should encourage, but not force people to live with people who are different.
I don't agree. If you are never forced to coexist with different people, you don't learn compromise or understanding for others. How could you otherwise?

Old 09-15-2016, 05:20 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I don't agree. If you are never forced to coexist with different people, you don't learn compromise or understanding for others. How could you otherwise?
It's the 21st century, unless you are a hermit, life forces you to interact with others different than yourself. How you react to this is largely based on your values and upbringing.

Old 09-15-2016, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
It's the 21st century, unless you are a hermit, life forces you to interact with others different than yourself. How you react to this is largely based on your values and upbringing.
Largely, but not exclusively.

I think one of the biggest benefits of living away at college is the face that you have to get along with people from different regions, cultures, etc. Living together in a building is an excellent way to learn cooperation, diplomacy, etc.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:12 AM

1,995 posts, read 2,078,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
I was just thinking that; its the 21st century, we are completely moving away from interaction to improve efficiency and decrease costs. The increasing automation at stores, the expanding choices of home delivery; goods, services, and ready to eat food. I could more easily order my entire supply of groceries (other than fresh meat and produce) right off of Amazon alone. I'm sure If I searched I could find someone to deliver the rest. Heck leave it on the doorstep, in the garage or on the back porch, and I will send you the funds through your banks app, or paypal. Jobs that are able to are moving towards telecommuting to increase employee happiness and decrease costs. Forcing someone to live with some stranger to experience a little more of the world seems a little archaic.

Old 09-15-2016, 06:17 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,510,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
First, how did this girl even get the roommates emails? I am not sure that they give out that information. Anyone know??
Yes, they give out contact information. I know they did 25 years ago when I went to college, and I'm sure they do now. It allows future roommates to connect prior to moving to school, introduce themselves, coordinate who's bringing what (so they don't end up with three refrigerators, etc.)

Old 09-15-2016, 08:01 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking Relax...

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Unfreakinbelievable.....This POS should be expelled before she even gets there. Plus the FACT that she admits she's a ticking time bomb.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moving into a new place right out of high school can cause some anxiety for incoming freshman and it doesn’t really help when the new roommate isn’t the person you expect them to be.

One UCLA freshman, identified as Ashly, has already caused a rift after making some demands to her two roommates, that she hasn’t even met yet, in an email that has since gone viral, Fox LA reported Tuesday.

One of the roommates, identified as Winnie, who received the email shared Ashly’s message on Twitter earlier this month.

UCLA freshman sends roommates list of demands before semester begins | Fox News

Other residents of that dorm can look forward to an epic catfight that they can all enjoy!

Old 09-15-2016, 08:19 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Shocker a California Girl named Ashley has an attitude. Good job mom and dad.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:51 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,539,708 times
It's not just limited to California, believe me. There are plenty of rich kids entering college every year in every state. She will most likely join a sorority. Then she can hang out with "Brittany" and "Andrea", and be taken by the highest bidder.

They have their own world and she will get along fine with the other stuck up girls and their perpetual drama.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:01 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
There is an update, the other 2 did request another roommate. Below is his application:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events