Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 01:21 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,905,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Unfreakinbelievable.....This POS should be expelled before she even gets there. Plus the FACT that she admits she's a ticking time bomb.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moving into a new place right out of high school can cause some anxiety for incoming freshman and it doesn’t really help when the new roommate isn’t the person you expect them to be.

One UCLA freshman, identified as Ashly, has already caused a rift after making some demands to her two roommates, that she hasn’t even met yet, in an email that has since gone viral, Fox LA reported Tuesday.

One of the roommates, identified as Winnie, who received the email shared Ashly’s message on Twitter earlier this month.

UCLA freshman sends roommates list of demands before semester begins | Fox News
She's no prize....

But neither is someone who calls someone else a piece of excrement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 05:44 PM

11,343 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
She's no prize....

But neither is someone who calls someone else a piece of excrement.
What the stuff are you talking about?

POS = Person of Suspicion...

Old 09-15-2016, 08:51 PM

21,467 posts, read 10,570,105 times
I wonder how that makes the people feel who did not get into UCLA? She took someone else's spot, and she sounds like a nightmare. She probably just wanted a private room, and figured this would be the only way to get one. Hopefully, it got her expelled instead. Give her spot to someone else. That's what would have happened when I was in school. But the administrations at colleges had balls back then, and didn't put up with these types of people.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I didnt know we were allowed to say twatwaffle.
I know, funny what gets through the censors.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
Dear Professors;

I will need to you speak loudly so my phone can record you. I won't be putting my phone on your desk because then I cant get my texts. I will need to sit on the edge of the third row, and I will need the chair to be made of high-quality leather, no cheap stuff. I don't want anyone to walk in front of me when I am sitting, no matter what. They can go the other way if they need to. I will be getting asked out on Fridays and won't be doing any work then or over the weekend, so DO NOT make anything I will need to do by Monday. I am a super great student, but I can also go apeship.

Whiner
@miniwhiner
I'm so glad I peeked at this thread. I haven't laughed this hard in a while. You guys are hilarious!

I can't decide which post is better, this or the guy saying he's going to add twatwaffle in every post. But I think you're the winner!

Old 09-15-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The email is bad. But it sounds as though she made some initial attempts to reach out to her new roomates that went unanswered.
No excuse for her behavior. Somehow I doubt her initial emails were any better. If they were nice, I'm sure they would have elicited a response. She probably made the same demands for certain bed and closets in the other letters, and the roommates were like, f*** her! If she wanted a certain spot, she should have just got there early and claimed it first.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:44 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Unfreakinbelievable.....This POS should be expelled before she even gets there. Plus the FACT that she admits she's a ticking time bomb.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moving into a new place right out of high school can cause some anxiety for incoming freshman and it doesn’t really help when the new roommate isn’t the person you expect them to be.

One UCLA freshman, identified as Ashly, has already caused a rift after making some demands to her two roommates, that she hasn’t even met yet, in an email that has since gone viral, Fox LA reported Tuesday.

One of the roommates, identified as Winnie, who received the email shared Ashly’s message on Twitter earlier this month.

UCLA freshman sends roommates list of demands before semester begins | Fox News

Unfortunately, special little snowflake, the other two roommates of yours have decided otherwise. You WILL get the bottom bunk, as we are taking the top ones. You WON'T get a white closet, as we have already used them for our clothes. Oh, and you can use the desk under the bunk, as we are taking the ones by the window.

Capiche?

Old 09-16-2016, 01:10 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,136,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I would pull so many shenanigans on Ashley after getting a letter like that. She would totally enjoy her first few months of living with me.

I mean, how could you resist? It's like she stamped victim on her forehead. Once you let people know you are that thin skinned, it gives them a licence to get a rise out of you at every possible juncture. Preferably in front of the whole dorm floor. Entertainment for everyone. LOL
Being thin-skinned is one thing, being a complete ***** about it = complete licence for me to trollolol

I had a housemate very similar to this chick, and she was a lot of fun to provoke. Nothing harmful, just things I knew would make her go ape****. ;p

Mind you, I was 20 then. Not so mature of me, but no harm done.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:16 AM

5,790 posts, read 5,103,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
Why?

So she's high-maintenance. Can't her roommates tell her to go get bent, without administration rushing into protect them from having to do so? She's self-absorbed. Is that a violation of UCLA rules?

Yes, I get that her list is ridiculous. And? She's probably 18 or 19. There's a whole lot of ridiculousness going on at those ages. So her roommates are saddled with having to deal day-in and day-out with a self-centered person making self-centered demands.

Welcome to the real world...
They should ignore the list and try to do everything they can to annoy her and make her first semester a living hell. Two vs one and there should be no contest. This age is full of nonsense, and the quicker this spoiled idiot learns the lesson of life the better for everyone. Imagine that she might spawn someday and it's really a frightening thought.

Old 09-16-2016, 05:57 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,298,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
I was just thinking that; its the 21st century, we are completely moving away from interaction to improve efficiency and decrease costs. The increasing automation at stores, the expanding choices of home delivery; goods, services, and ready to eat food. I could more easily order my entire supply of groceries (other than fresh meat and produce) right off of Amazon alone. I'm sure If I searched I could find someone to deliver the rest. Heck leave it on the doorstep, in the garage or on the back porch, and I will send you the funds through your banks app, or paypal. Jobs that are able to are moving towards telecommuting to increase employee happiness and decrease costs. Forcing someone to live with some stranger to experience a little more of the world seems a little archaic.
You've just described exactly WHY living with strangers is even more important today than ever before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events