Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 06:49 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,078,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Hundreds of bedbugs, and they only bite one person on the last night of their stay?
I just caught that this this time too. Those bites on her forearms look several days old, and older than the ones on her upper arms. I tried to search for pictures, but couldn't find anything with a timeline.

https://www.terminix.com/blog/bug-fa...bug-bites-last
Quote:
According to the Centers for Disease Control, it can take up to 14 days for a bite to appear. Some people may not notice bites at all, while others may see signs of a bite within hours.

My biggest problem so far with this story, is I'm convinced those ones on her forearms are at least a day older than the ones on her upper arms. Those she should have noticed immediately when they were visible. I can understand not seeing them on your back or lower legs, (although you would probably need to wash yourself better), but if they are on her forearms there is no reason you wouldn't notice those the before anything else, and if that video is taken after she went to the doctor/nurse on staff, or when she first noticed them/her last day at the hotel.

EDITED, for all future pointing out..

Last edited by adriver; 01-20-2017 at 07:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 06:59 PM

17,310 posts, read 22,046,867 times
I have stayed at Atlantis......I will tell you that they will do nothing about this story, they don't care and it won't hurt their business one bit as they are the nicest hotel on the island.

Bahamas is a ghetto with an accent. Sure the water is beautiful, beaches can be nice but it is a 3rd world country!

Old 01-20-2017, 07:22 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriver View Post
My biggest problem so far with this story, is I'm convinced those ones on her forearms are at least a day older than the ones on her upper arms. Those she should have noticed immediately when they were visible. I can understand not seeing them on your back or lower legs, (although you would probably need to wash yourself better), but if they are on her forearms there is no reason you wouldn't notice those the before anything else, and if that video is taken after she went to the doctor/nurse on board, or when she first noticed them/her last day on the ship.
I did see a few other comments in the link say the same thing, that the bites looked like they were from several days.

And just a note, Atlantis is a hotel, not a ship.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:26 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,078,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I did see a few other comments in the link say the same thing, that the bites looked like they were from several days.

And just a note, Atlantis is a hotel, not a ship.
Thanks, Yeah I knew that, I must be tired.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:53 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
You're supposed to inspect the hotel beds before you even bring your stuff into the room.

Old 01-20-2017, 08:36 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
You're supposed to inspect the hotel beds before you even bring your stuff into the room.
no, you are

Old 01-20-2017, 08:55 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,544,435 times
I don't blame her for wanting to sue the place. That is a VERY expensive place and should be bed bug free. Exterminators should be brought in for regular inspection or their name will soon be MUD.

What I don't get is that the maid/s didn't notice this problem before this poor woman reported it. It makes me wonder if they even changed the sheets in the last few weeks Those didn't just suddenly appear in numbers such as the video shows. They've made themselves right at home for a while.

Well all I can say is that I hope they both left their clothes and luggage there in the Bahamas. With that many bedbugs, there is no way in HELL they'd ever NOT bring one or two home. Then she'll really be in a mess if they get into her own place.

Yes, Bedbugs are selective on who they bite. A man can get bit and a woman in the same bed, not bitten.
Bedbugs can travel room to room and end up in a whole apartment building or motel.

EVERYONE should check for bedbugs or bedbug poop EVERY time they check into a motel room BEFORE they take their luggage inside the room.

Looks like they're not the only ones who had bed bugs in their room: http://bedbugregistry.com/hotel/IL/D...aradise-Island

Old 01-20-2017, 09:06 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
I don't blame her for wanting to sue the place. That is a VERY expensive place and should be bed bug free. Exterminators should be brought in for regular inspection or their name will soon be MUD.

What I don't get is that the maid/s didn't notice this problem before this poor woman reported it. It makes me wonder if they even changed the sheets in the last few weeks Those didn't just suddenly appear in numbers such as the video shows. They've made themselves right at home for a while.

Well all I can say is that I hope they both left their clothes and luggage there in the Bahamas. With that many bedbugs, there is no way in HELL they'd ever NOT bring one or two home. Then she'll really be in a mess if they get into her own place.

Yes, Bedbugs are selective on who they bite. A man can get bit and a woman in the same bed, not bitten.
Bedbugs can travel room to room and end up in a whole apartment building or motel.

EVERYONE should check for bedbugs or bedbug poop EVERY time they check into a motel room BEFORE they take their luggage inside the room.

Looks like they're not the only ones who had bed bugs in their room: Bed Bug Report for Atlantis Paradise Island, Des Plaines, IL

LOL--- it's that bed buggy country----- the USA again!
Atlantis Paradise Island
2720 S River Rd, #218
Des Plaines, IL 60018-4116

Old 01-20-2017, 09:31 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,384,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
He may have been bitten. Most people are allergic to bedbug bites and get the welts you see in that photo, but not all. If someone isn't allergic, he/she could be bitten repeatedly and never notice a thing.
I've gotten bedbug bites twice, almost ten years apart. Once you have had them, you become sensitized so my second time was much worse. Also I didn't start to have a bad reaction until after a couple of days as it takes some time for the red bumps to appear. Maybe some itching after the second night at the hotel that then quickly became more painful with more welts forming each day.

Old 01-21-2017, 01:45 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy
Ugh, horrible, poor woman!
Yes I feel very bad for her!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events