Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 06:08 PM

3,398 posts, read 6,106,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
It should be American. If you don't like this country you should leave. Why stay?
Isn't it funny how so many people hate this country yet have no issues enjoying the privileges it brings? And these are the same people who won't leave for the greener grass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 06:30 PM

1,106 posts, read 1,169,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
Isn't it funny how so many people hate this country yet have no issues enjoying the privileges it brings? And these are the same people who won't leave for the greener grass.
Again, who said they hate the country? I hate what is going on right now in the U.S. but I don't hate the country.
And like others have said, maybe those of you who want flag burning to be illegal should leave the U.S. There

Old 01-29-2017, 06:34 PM

1,352 posts, read 1,539,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
It should be American. If you don't like this country you should leave. Why stay?
If you don't like this country (or what's going on in this country) you have the right to petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. The protesters had the right to peaceably assemble.
The FedEx driver interfered with the protesters rights.

As a veteran I don't approve of flag burning but, I respect the rights of others to burn it. Since there was an altercation, maybe the FedEx driver should be charged with interfering with the protesters rights. FedEx kept the driver because the bad publicity would hurt them. Although they may find an excuse down the road to terminate him for job performance or something like that.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:47 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,120,271 times
You don't have the right to burn things on a public sidewalk. Thank goodness we have sheepdogs like fedex man who will put their livelihood on the line to do what they believe is right.

Old 01-29-2017, 06:51 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,120,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charisb View Post
Again, who said they hate the country? I hate what is going on right now in the U.S. but I don't hate the country.
And like others have said, maybe those of you who want flag burning to be illegal should leave the U.S. There
Theres a 99% chance these "protesters" were breaking laws burning that flag. I believe starting a fire in the street is arson (felony) and a citizen is absolutely allowed to use force to stop the commission of a felony.

If you want to burn flags, get with the city officials and get the proper permits. Otherwise fedex man WILL GET YOU.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:14 PM

8,928 posts, read 6,967,869 times
Would he have rushed over to extinguish a sweater fire? If the two are pretty equal, he's consistent with what America stands for.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:33 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,388,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charisb;47005878[B
]Again, who said they hate the country? [/b]I hate what is going on right now in the U.S. but I don't hate the country.
BBM~~ THE FLAG represents the COUNTRY, no? This action represent's anarchist.. meanwhile setting a fire is not just a protest..IT's a STATEMENT. Whomever set American Flag bonfire means.. THEY hate America!

The above is far different from peaceful protests, who have specific agenda's.. Such as unfairness Judicial System.or attacking Human Rights..or Attacking women's RIGHT to their own body and so on... Can't say I have seen such violence by such groups.. Meanwhile Violent crashing windows/burning flags/dragging post boxes into street HIGHJACK Peaceful protest ...

I am actually concerned extreme Right seems to conflate the two It's just a ploy to get attention and conflate the 2!! Alt-Right types know just how to do it.. and have been doing it for decades!! WHY? Because it devalues those who chose peaceful protests ... In fact I have come to recognize when Anarchists infiltrate PEACEFUL protest.. in order for ALT-RIght to discredit the protest in it's entirety.

Talk about FAKE NEWS spread by such ALT-Right Dispicables !!!

Old 01-29-2017, 09:39 PM

573 posts, read 589,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Could you imagine the bad press for FedEx? UPS would have to double their workload when people start boycotting FedEx if they fired the guy.
You say that but liberals and all the other American haters would have probably started using FedEx in support of the flag burners. Their statement wasn't exactly congratulatory.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:39 PM

7,685 posts, read 8,780,785 times
Why would the driver be fired? What I want to know is, what is the fate of those flag burning protesters?

Old 01-29-2017, 09:43 PM

633 posts, read 1,016,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
If they didn't care about their country, why would they be out there protesting?
Some people just want to complain about everything and any little thing. AND they are still upset because Hilary did not win. Period. Any opportunity to complain and pick fights with the other side.

As for the flag burning... do that in another country... disrespect the government as many protesters here have done... do it somewhere else... AND they would not live to tell about it.

Flag burning is disrespectful and anti-American in my opinion. If you care about your country, you wouldn't be burning flags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events