Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2017, 06:14 PM

2,160 posts, read 4,965,783 times

Advertisements

This girl can't get her story straight.

According to the QA article posted down thread, she posted on Facebook that she only had ONE drink (there's a screenshot of that post). Then, in the course of the QA, she tells the reporter that she actually had TWO drinks at the comedy club. When the reporter calls her out on the discrepancy in her story, she says that she actually started drinking at the bar where she is a bartender; then they left that bar to go to another bar, and she had a margarita and 2 shots before they headed for the comedy club. So, that is a total of FIVE drinks, at least.

Be that as it may, for a seasoned drinker, and spread out over the course of a few hours, that is not enough alcohol to get you to the level of near blackout drunk that she is claiming she was, which she clearly was not. She's not slurring her speech, and she's not stumbling and falling...even with her hands cuffed behind her back, which would have messed with her sense of balance, she is not stumbling and falling. She looks alert, and not drowsy, the entire time.

Also, if someone WERE to have slipped her a drug, it would have been some kind of downer, not an upper...she is clearly in a manic/agitated & aggressive state (and says that the jail house nurse had trouble taking her blood pressure because it was so elevated, and even gave her something like a Benadryl). But I find it highly unlikely anyone slipped her a drug anyway...especially not at the bar where she works, and not at a comedy club where tickets just to get in are $70. If some creeper were to troll for easy prey, there are plenty of bars full of drunk girls in Philly where you can walk in the door for free. Plus, she refers to a "WE" for her activities all night...so that means she was with the dude in the video (her boyfriend?), plus possibly other friends all night. She wouldn't have been an easy mark to slip a drug.

I think she likely WAS on some kind of drug, but voluntarily, for recreational purposes. I'm guessing some form of speed, whether straight up coke, Adderall, or some jacked up diet pills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 06:47 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,485,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I've learned.......I am a total lightweight. Booze and me, I become even more idiotic than usual, don't even have to be drunk. This Lady may like me, the booze does bad things......hopefully she learned a big lesson.
Lady? Are you kidding? With that filthy mouth?

Old 06-08-2017, 11:09 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,216,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
wow. she should be embarrassed. that cop had some patience! of course, he is probably used to having to deal with people like this all the time.
Yes.Unfortunately all too common that the police have to deal with this regularly.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:25 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times
I appreciate this cop's patience, but really, what she was doing was entertaining for everyone involved. It's not like this cop had to deal with a real threat and had to exercise patience and restraint. She is a complete nutjob, kept using profane language, and this tall guy who appeared to be her date/caretaker was trying to gracefully intervene for her.

She was behaving in a nutjob way, and the comedian came out to film her after she had been tossed out of his show which caused the whole interaction.

Enough of her. I'm willing to think she had a psychotic break with reality, but unless she can produce blood tests that she was drugged, she should be treated as someone who is unable to control her faculties, and so should be charged with disturbing the peace and assault on a peace officer by spitting in his face.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:06 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I appreciate this cop's patience, but really, what she was doing was entertaining for everyone involved. It's not like this cop had to deal with a real threat and had to exercise patience and restraint.
yeah but after she spit on that guy, that cop went over to handcuff her and she was all up in his face, i was thinking she is going to spit again, in his face. but he was completely calm. that guy showed excellent restraint.

but i'd also like to point out that you can be in a black out and be completely functional, show no slurring or stumbling or any signs of being in a black out. it's true. i'm not saying this is the case with this girl, but it is true that you can be under some influence, have no memory of it, and still appear to be "not drunK" or "not drugged". not excusing her behavior, she should definitely take heed of what happened here.
i'd be embarrassed if i were her.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:39 AM

14,179 posts, read 9,068,877 times
We all had good laughs over this at Phillymag, where we had the video up on our website sometime around 11 that night.

Well, laughs tinged with horror over watching someone incinerate her career on the spot with the phrase "I work for a bleep news station!"

And she wasn't even on-air talent.

I predict journalism schools across the nation will use this video in their broadcast curricula to illustrate how not to manage your image and career.

Last edited by toosie; 06-12-2017 at 04:25 AM.. Reason: TOS - edited profanity

Old 06-09-2017, 03:59 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,278,661 times
She is stumbling around some and it took forever for her to slip her shoe back on. She also couldn't spit or throw straight. Besides she's out of her mind and extremely rude.

I'd say if she's a bartender too and was drinking earlier than she's a high functioning alcoholic in this video. I agree she's also on something else like a pill. So there is some truth in her lie that she was drugged except she likely took the drug voluntarily. Maybe meth, coke, a psychotropic drug like mushrooms, I don't know. Alcohol can also increase your heart rate and cause anxiety as you age.

She does look pregnant but she may also be apple shaped and gain weight in these areas.

I think it's pretty messed up to record her and post it online costing her job. It's one thing to take it for evidence or self preservation but at venues like this people are going to be messed up. It doesn't mean you should document every one of them to show the world and ruin their lives over it by posting it on social media. People make mistakes. It's a jerk-hole thing to do. It's already bad enough she got herself arrested and there'd be a mugshot of it on the local news where she works.

That's just my humble opinion anyways.

Old 06-09-2017, 05:39 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
I remember going on a tirade at a cop once in my early 20's when my friend and I got kicked out of a hockey game. Yelling in his face about forcing them to give me a refund and a few other things. The cop just stared at me with a smile on his face like he was just waiting for me to touch him so he could haul me in. Then my friend subtly reminded me that I had weed in my pocket and it was like a light switch went off and suddenly I was all apologetic to the cop, telling him what a fine job he was doing and wishing him a nice day. I'm so glad there weren't cell phone cameras in those days!

Old 06-09-2017, 05:51 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrina View Post

From the article:

“Can you imagine what the situation would have been if she had been black and it had been a white cop?” asks Sylvince, who is originally from Haiti. “But these are two different worlds that we live in.”

Someone's always got to interject the race card in to every story.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:12 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
I wonder, if she'd been black and had dreadlocks, if the cops would have shown as much restraint?

What a drunk idiot. I hope she learns from her mistakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events