Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 12:23 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,651,751 times

Advertisements

We all know that women and children never lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 01:05 PM

5,734 posts, read 4,689,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo7tango View Post
This is very sad and I hope the truth comes out.
The truth is out. He's a disgusting man who is a sexual predator. He should spend every one of his last days behind bars.

I completely understand wealthy famous men are easy targets for deceitful women, but that's not the case here.

Too many women all telling the same story.

Guilty.

Old 06-09-2017, 01:18 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I love how he is playing the poor old man, walking with people holding him, the cane, oh boo hoo hoo.

I believe he did this, I cant stand him anyway.....

but I dont understand why the women all waiting so long?????
Probably for a somewhat similar reason that women never complained about sexual harassment before Anita Hill coined the term, and it became a valid issue to be taken seriously. Aside from the trauma the women had to deal with in this case, there was the intimidation factor of the prospect of facing a major celebrity, who, the women assumed, would have supreme credibility, in court. Women's credibility is always challenged in rape cases, so they all figured they didn't stand a chance. Until they found out there were a couple dozen or so victims.

Accusing the popular college jock or law student frat boy in court is hard enough. Accusing someone you'd thought of as a mentor who could advance your career, or crush it, someone who was known and popular even in the earlier part of his career, could be impossibly daunting.

Old 06-09-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP2C View Post
We all know that women and children never lie.
Right. Neither do men. And they never use drugs or alcohol to disable or gain advantage over women.

Old 06-09-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
And phoned him many times. She says it was for jobs and I believe her.

I thought it was totally ludicrous that his dumb TV show daughter was by his side. Rudy. How damned dumb does he think jurors are?

Having been a female in a male-dominated field back in those days, I believe the women, 100%.
Speaking of his TV show daughters, wasn't there some issue between him and the oldest daughter/actor? She quit the show. Does anyone know what that was about?

Old 06-09-2017, 01:35 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,327,268 times
I see a lot of parallels to the Sandusky scandal at Penn State in this case. It has been seized upon by both sides of a deep-seated argument for ideological purposes.

Do I believe Cosby used his power and influence for sexual purposes? Probably; it was much more common in the entertainment world when he was starting out.

But do I believe he has powerful, and influential enemies within the African-American community whose resentments are ideologically-based? Absolutely!

It's a depressing spectacle which will probably be reviewed from time to time long after all the principals have departed this life, and we can only hope that the rule of reason and truth will uncover more of the facts in the long run.

Old 06-09-2017, 01:39 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,777,950 times
[quote=Axxlrod;48449207...

Too many women all telling the same story.

....[/QUOTE]

Coached by the same attorney?

Old 06-09-2017, 01:39 PM

16,214 posts, read 11,327,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Speaking of his TV show daughters, wasn't there some issue between him and the oldest daughter/actor? She quit the show. Does anyone know what that was about?

Lisa Bonet, who portrayed the oldest of the Huxtable daughters, left the highly-popular TV series in the mid 1980's; reportedly to seek more adult-oriented roles. The most memorable was a noir film entitled Angel Heart; she apparently reconciled things sufficiently with Cosby to appear in the Afro-collegian-themed series A Different World, but her activity seems to have tapered off, and she appears to be living quietly.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000956/bio

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/b...g-angel-heart/

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 06-09-2017 at 01:53 PM..

Old 06-09-2017, 03:37 PM

783 posts, read 576,211 times
Somebody get Johnny Cochran. If he can get O.J. off, he can get Grandpa Pudding Pop off.

"If she did not sip (the spiked drink), then you must acquit."

Old 06-09-2017, 03:51 PM

18,467 posts, read 31,624,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Lisa Bonet, who portrayed the oldest of the Huxtable daughters, left the highly-popular TV series in the mid 1980's; reportedly to seek more adult-oriented roles. The most memorable was a noir film entitled Angel Heart; she apparently reconciled things sufficiently with Cosby to appear in the Afro-collegian-themed series A Different World, but her activity seems to have tapered off, and she appears to be living quietly.

Lisa Bonet - Biography - IMDb

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/bill-cosby-versus-devil-lisa-bonet-voodoo-sex-making-angel-
heart/

correction, she wasnt the oldest daughter "Sondra" was the oldest daughter, Denise, Vanessa, Rudy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events