Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 03:59 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,823,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
correction, she wasnt the oldest daughter "Sondra" was the oldest daughter, Denise, Vanessa, Rudy...
Thanks. I was just debating to myself as to whether Denise or Sondra was the oldest. Denise was cool. She dressed very creatively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 10:03 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,446,284 times
When this first hit the media, I was taken aback. remained silent and gave this Gent the benefit of the doubt.
Particularly with the droves of women coming forth....it was to the point that I was waiting for Mother teresa to say she too was groped by him! It was a coven of women seeking fame....

Then I got serious...weighed the information and his attitude. I am sure that adults, even married ones are allowed to have their fun with others.....
And most courts seem to agree with that sediment.
So the questions are -Did the adult knowingly consent? Did he use these drugs to incapacitate them?

I find it strange that the one lady went to his home...and this transpired. He may have invited her....yet most ladies stay in the social area...Living room, office....kitchen. NOt up to a bedroom....

I do think he drugged the one....and with that ...He is guilty.

Its beyond my scope to be apart of this blood thirst ladies group. But I say this with earnest...to the victims who were targeted, its time to be heard and know that this crime has no victors....

Old 06-10-2017, 01:15 AM

1,870 posts, read 2,388,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
When this first hit the media, I was taken aback. remained silent and gave this Gent the benefit of the doubt.
Particularly with the droves of women coming forth....it was to the point that I was waiting for Mother teresa to say she too was groped by him! It was a coven of women seeking fame....

Then I got serious...weighed the information and his attitude. I am sure that adults, even married ones are allowed to have their fun with others.....
And most courts seem to agree with that sediment.
So the questions are -Did the adult knowingly consent? Did he use these drugs to incapacitate them?

I find it strange that the one lady went to his home...and this transpired. He may have invited her....yet most ladies stay in the social area...Living room, office....kitchen. NOt up to a bedroom....

I do think he drugged the one....and with that ...He is guilty.

Its beyond my scope to be apart of this blood thirst ladies group. But I say this with earnest...to the victims who were targeted, its time to be heard and know that this crime has no victors....
BBM. Cosby invited Andrea Constand to his home to discuss her career, education etc. He was doing his "mentoring" (manipulating) shtick with her, as he had done with other ladies. The alleged sexual assault took place in the living room, not in the bedroom.

Old 06-10-2017, 03:23 AM

4,849 posts, read 2,668,494 times
sure he's guilty..I can see him eating a big handful of pills right before his sentencing since he's had quite a penchant for them all these years..Bill Cosby is a rapist.

Old 06-10-2017, 06:36 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,980,967 times
I think, that as with all crimes, if something happens to you, you should report it immediately to the police. If you wait 30 years to report it, well, that's why we have limitations on these things, because there's really no way to prove a crime happened at this point. No rape kit, no eye witnesses, no paper trail, nothing. So if it happened, shame on Cosby, but if I didn't happen and this is a fame/money grab, then shame on the women.

It's funny how these victims always come out in droves after the story hits the media, and not before.

Cosby would have never gone to trial if the media hadn't gotten involved. For better or for worse, he was never going to face trial for these "crimes" until the media started sensationalizing it...

Old 06-10-2017, 09:31 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,101,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Cosby would have never gone to trial if the media hadn't gotten involved. For better or for worse, he was never going to face trial for these "crimes" until the media started sensationalizing it...
The case being pursued has more to do with the fact that a young comedian made a big deal in his act about how the accusations of rape against Cosby were being ignored by the media.

Comedian Hannibal Buress accuses Bill Cosby of being a rapist during show

Old 06-10-2017, 10:24 AM

836 posts, read 1,119,349 times
I worked at a company where I saw and heard about one top level male who would say inappropriate things to some of the younger females. This male was also touchy and huggy with these females. I don't think it was constantly happening though. Some of the females eventually quit.

Think about this scenario: This male goes too far with a female employee who files sexual charges against him. It goes public and is on the local news. Other women come forward to tell their story about what this male did to them. All these stories show what kind of man he is. It's like, this happened to me too.

The thing about filing sexual harassment charges or whatever, that means the woman has to quit the job that she may really love. It might even keep her from getting another job. If you decide to just leave the job to get away from this male, what reason are you going to give why you are leaving your current job?

Old 06-10-2017, 10:58 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,061,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Probably for a somewhat similar reason that women never complained about sexual harassment before Anita Hill coined the term, and it became a valid issue to be taken seriously. Aside from the trauma the women had to deal with in this case, there was the intimidation factor of the prospect of facing a major celebrity, who, the women assumed, would have supreme credibility, in court. Women's credibility is always challenged in rape cases, so they all figured they didn't stand a chance. Until they found out there were a couple dozen or so victims.

Accusing the popular college jock or law student frat boy in court is hard enough. Accusing someone you'd thought of as a mentor who could advance your career, or crush it, someone who was known and popular even in the earlier part of his career, could be impossibly daunting.
What are you babbling about....."women's credibility is always challenged in rape cases"???? You think it shouldn't be??? Oh....wait, I see....a women's word must always be taken as the gospel truth and no one may question or challenge her....sounds legit and in keeping with the feminist agenda. Did you ever hear of the Univ of Virginia, Duke lacrosse rape scandal, , Tawana Brawley, Nikki Yovino, "Jackie" syndrome and on and on?? If anything, anytime a man is accused of rape HIS credibility is the one questioned (not saying that it shouldn't be but neither should the accuser be beyond such investigation) ...not only that but even if acquitted he remains tarnished for the rest of his life with the reputation. If a star athlete then the loss of major money making opportunities and/or the waste of prime years as an athlete while dragged through the system for years based on an allegation. The Yovino case is a recent one and where the woman was charged after the fact with false police reporting (in most cases like these, the false accusers never face consequences):

Another false accusation of rape on a college campus - Watchdog.org

While I think Cosby is guilty beyond a doubt (at least in many of the cases), many times you never know if it is legitimate or there are possible ulterior motives (revenge, blackmail, etc) in a he said/she said situation where there are no independent witnesses and it is a "date rape" type or previous involved relationship incident.....sure, when it's an abduction/stranger/home invasion type of violent crime there is normally no doubt of guilt but it can be very murky when between those who've been involved or had a history.

Last edited by luckyram; 06-10-2017 at 11:08 AM..

Old 06-10-2017, 11:19 AM

16,214 posts, read 11,328,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
What are you babbling about....."women's credibility is always challenged in rape cases"???? You think it shouldn't be??? Oh....wait, I see....a women's word must always be taken as the gospel truth and no one may question or challenge her....sounds legit and in keeping with the feminist agenda. Did you ever hear of the Univ of Virginia, Duke lacrosse rape scandal, , Tawana Brawley, Nikki Yovino, "Jackie" syndrome and on and on?? If anything, anytime a man is accused of rape HIS credibility is the one questioned (not saying that it shouldn't be but neither should the accuser be beyond such investigation) ...not only that but even if acquitted he remains tarnished for the rest of his life with the reputation. If a star athlete then the loss of major money making opportunities and/or the waste of prime years as an athlete while dragged through the system for years based on an allegation. The Yovino case is a recent one and where the woman was charged after the fact with false police reporting (in most cases like these, the false accusers never face consequences):

Another false accusation of rape on a college campus - Watchdog.org

While I think Cosby is guilty beyond a doubt (at least in many of the cases), many times you never know if it is legitimate or there are possible ulterior motives (revenge, blackmail, etc) in a he said/she said situation where there are no independent witnesses and it is a "date rape" type or previous involved relationship incident.....sure, when it's an abduction/stranger/home invasion type of violent crime there is normally no doubt of guilt but it can be very murky when between those who've been involved or had a history.
Exactly! Regardless of the question of Cosby's guilt or innocence, It's become increasingly apparent that the cults of Political Correctness and "pop wisdom" will exert as much of their influence as possible in high=profile cases drawing a large amount of attention from the lesser-educated, who are most easily swayed.

Old 06-10-2017, 11:46 AM

32,924 posts, read 36,329,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyb01 View Post
I'm from Philly like he is. Still live there. I never liked him and thought he was a fraud. Except for what shows up in our local press wrt news about the trial, I literally hear no one hoping that he gets off. What ever good will he had in Philadelphia died a long time ago. I'm sure many people feel totally betrayed. Who can blame them?
He was pretty funny decades ago. I haven't had enough spare time in years to read or care about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events