Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2017, 02:05 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Oh please. I'm sure I'm a lot older than she looks but I'm not that stupid. You're supposed to watch where you're going. If you're going to walk with your head down, you won't have a chance of seeing obstacles obvious or not.

If you have a vision problem, all the more reason to be alert and not be burying your head in your cell phone. I have severe vision problems which is why I know to be extra careful when I am walking anywhere.
Oh Please, yourself.

I was talking about her age, because I was worried about her injuries.
Older people can obviously be more easily injured and not be able to bounce back as quick as younger folk.
Only reason I mentioned her age.
She made a mistake. and the idiotic sidewalk opening up like that with the walls being the same color as the sidewalk is a mistake as well. No reason why people shouldn't feel empathy for her having been seriously injured.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2017, 02:18 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Oh Please, yourself.

I was talking about her age, because I was worried about her injuries.
Older people can obviously be more easily injured and not be able to bounce back as quick as younger folk.
Only reason I mentioned her age.
She made a mistake. and the idiotic sidewalk opening up like that with the walls being the same color as the sidewalk is a mistake as well. No reason why people shouldn't feel empathy for her having been seriously injured.
I never said I didn't feel sorry for her injuries. I do. I hope she mends okay. But I can't feel sorry for her lack of concern for her own safety. It makes no sense to have your nose in a phone if you are elderly and more fragile. Although we don't really know if she was either of those things.

Maneuvering around carefully when one is old is all the more reason to be cautious and watch where you're going. Gluing your face to your phone won't help which is why I don't do that because I take watching out for my old 71 year old bones very seriously.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:53 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
I never said I didn't feel sorry for her injuries. I do. I hope she mends okay. But I can't feel sorry for her lack of concern for her own safety. It makes no sense to have your nose in a phone if you are elderly and more fragile. Although we don't really know if she was either of those things.

Maneuvering around carefully when one is old is all the more reason to be cautious and watch where you're going. Gluing your face to your phone won't help which is why I don't do that because I take watching out for my old 71 year old bones very seriously.
ok, fair enough. I get what you're saying.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:21 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,062,375 times
Quote:

Common sense but that doesn't result in a payout after the lawsuits come......surprised she wasn't carrying a hot coffee which spilled on her causing "pain" so they could also sue the coffee shop for it being too hot.

Perhaps retirees looking to make ends meet can walk around falling down openings in the road or sidewalk which, despite being entirely their own fault, will result in some fleabag lawyer suing everyone for not having due regard for the potential falls, etc.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:56 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
When I saw the video, I chuckled because it seemed like she did it on purpose because it looked like she fell in slow motion. Once her body hit that door, my reflexes would have had me drop everything and my hands and arms would have stopped the fall (I think). After I found out her age, I see why it was slow going...her reflex was slow. It's a shame she wasn't paying attention and I am certain she learned her lesson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events