Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 06:33 PM

17,211 posts, read 15,428,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
I'm sure a worm is the least of your worries of what people digest that isn't seen in mcdonalds "food"

Seriously do you expect fish or a burger to be only $1? You can't even buy a candy bar for $1 and you expect to buy real meat for a buck? really? The only fish in those fish filets is the smell. Probably get the fish out of the NY east river that have been feeding on god knows what in that cess pool. Fish with 2 and 3 heads and 4 tails they put through a meat grinder and put some breading on it. The box it goes in is worth more.
Here we go with this nonsense.

First off, it doesn't cost $1. Second, it's real fish. Wild caught. The same kind you buy in your grocery store. I'm not a fan, but to say it's not real meat/fish is ridiculous.

That said, pretty much all fish have worms. If one buys fish that is "never frozen," take a look as you cut through it while raw. It will have worms; hence why you either have to cook it thoroughly or freeze it at very low temperatures, like they do (or are supposed to do) with sashimi and the like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 07:02 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,593,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Here we go with this nonsense.

First off, it doesn't cost $1. Second, it's real fish. Wild caught. The same kind you buy in your grocery store. I'm not a fan, but to say it's not real meat/fish is ridiculous.

That said, pretty much all fish have worms. If one buys fish that is "never frozen," take a look as you cut through it while raw. It will have worms; hence why you either have to cook it thoroughly or freeze it at very low temperatures, like they do (or are supposed to do) with sashimi and the like.
Oh i'm sure there is "real" parts in it for them to be legally allowed to call it "real" Ok i'm wrong $1.25 please forgive my ignorance. You can get a fish sandwhich and a double cheeseburger your choice for $1.25

How do i know? Because i rarely but will admit i eat that slop once in a blue moon out of pure exhaustion and starvation that i just pull in because its right there.

The only thing real in mcds is the fries you can't fake a potato...

Old 06-19-2017, 07:17 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,037,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahsez View Post
Was the worm alive? We need details.

Even if it was alive; I'm sure it didn't eat much!

Old 06-19-2017, 07:36 PM

6,292 posts, read 10,606,279 times
How did it survive the frying process?

Old 06-19-2017, 08:54 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,743,389 times
I don't believe it! Just someone else trying to sue!

Old 06-20-2017, 07:03 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
I had a dead ladybug in my bagged salad. I just threw it away and ate my salad. No big deal. I agree with the poster above; somebody wants to sue.

Old 06-20-2017, 01:26 PM

431 posts, read 352,582 times
Better a whole worm than half a worm!

A long time ago, must be about 30 years now, I cooked up some frozen fried chicken. When it was done cooking, I sat down in front of the TV and commenced to chowing down. After eating a couple pieces I took a look the the leg I was eating and saw the remainder of the worn I just ate.

I was grossed out for a few seconds but was still very hungry so I just pulled out the rest of the worm and finished my chicken.

As far as McDonalds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YDTfEhChgw

Old 06-20-2017, 02:30 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,340,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
OMG a worm in fish, this proves MD's is using WILD fish.

If people knew the truth they would freak out. All fish sold in the US is flash frozen to kill the worms and other parasites that wild caught fish often include.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Last time I ate "food" at McDonald's was May, 1998.

And that is the last time I stepped foot in a McDonald's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002 Subaru View Post
In other words, if you have it marked down to specifics like that, you must really be fighting your cravings.
LOL, exactly what I was thinking. The only people that I know that can specify with such precision the last time they did something are recovering alcoholics and ex-smokers.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Oh i'm sure there is "real" parts in it for them to be legally allowed to call it "real" Ok i'm wrong $1.25 please forgive my ignorance. You can get a fish sandwhich and a double cheeseburger your choice for $1.25

How do i know? Because i rarely but will admit i eat that slop once in a blue moon out of pure exhaustion and starvation that i just pull in because its right there.

The only thing real in mcds is the fries you can't fake a potato...

Your price is only off by about 203%. The actual price of a McDonalds fish sandwich is about $4, an amount that can be easily found online. But who lets facts get in the way of a good bashing anecdote anyway?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events