Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 12:32 PM

32,946 posts, read 36,394,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Nice story but that dog looks downright ferocious. I assume it's a Golden Retriever, probably one of the world's most dangerous animals.
It's amazing that no one died.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 12:34 PM

35,090 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
It's amazing that no one died.
Quite true.

Old 07-03-2017, 02:29 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,647,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
I couldn't tell whether or not he had a tag in his ear, but the street dogs in Turkey are a delightful lot. They are rounded up, tagged, neutered and given their shots and then allowed to live on the streets where they give a heartfelt "Merhaba" and a friendly paw to the tourists. They're on the spot just in case you want to sit down, rest your feet and pet a dog for a few minutes. The shopkeepers put out food and water for them and some will even put a doghouse out on the sidewalk. A young entrepreneur has developed vending machines that you put your empty plastic bottles into and the machine dispenses water and dry dog food.

On another continent, the street dogs in Quito, Ecuador, tend to like to spend their days in the churches. Just about every smaller church I walked into had a dog resting in a corner or curled up under a pew.

A dog is pure goodness.
Is that still the case under erdogan? Last year, he accused Western countries of being more concerned about gay rights and animal rights than human rights in Syria. So it sounds like the situation for animals (and gay people, but I am trying to stick to the thread subject ) in turkey might deteriorate while he is in charge.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:32 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,234,950 times
that's cute!

Old 07-03-2017, 06:46 PM

1,863 posts, read 1,655,280 times
2 Flags!

Old 07-03-2017, 07:37 PM

6,120 posts, read 4,613,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhays25 View Post
The damn things are everywhere these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
no kidding! it's another indication of the breakdown of the moral fiber of society
I sort of agree with you, but I'm surprised you haven't caught more grief since the popular mob thinks anyone who doesn't agree that dogs should be anywhere at anytime is some sort of psycho.

Restaurants, home improvement stores, swimming (and probably pooping) right beside where people are swimming....and now the symphony (although this time was by chance).

At least Fido was fairly well behaved but had it been some unholy, aggressive beast of a dog charging at people, I wonder if people would have felt differently.
On second thought, I'm sure there would still be plenty of people who think anyone who objects is some sort of psycho.

I do hope he found a good home, and he looked like a nice dog, but they just don't belong everywhere. I just had to vent since this topic came up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events