Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 08:50 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,594,497 times

Advertisements

And this is why I never flip people off. Never know who's packin' what. Well, I'm also not a dbag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 08:58 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,574,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Imagine if some jerk mocked and flipped off a dead soldier's funeral in front of the grieving parents. Imagine if you were involved in a wreck, and your child or wife is killed, and someone drives by and mocks you and flips you off.

You can bet my already agitated mind would be so consumed with anger at that point, chasing after that person would be an automatic given. I'm not saying I would want to stab that person, but you never knew what can happen in the heat of the moment.

I love the high horse activists on this forum that always seem to value human life on these threads, until of course, it involves them personally or involves something that affects them personally in some way. I bet if it was some person that taunted and flipped off a group of bikers supporting a political candidate dear to these people, they'd then joyfully make fun of that person getting stabbed.

Double standards and hypocrisy? All the time!
A lot of imagining going on in that post. If you have some deep seated anger about a possible future situation, that will probably never happen, that is on you.

Old 07-27-2017, 08:58 AM

16,717 posts, read 8,712,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I am not sure where your ambivalence is coming from. Even if some jerk/punk does something stupid like shoot a bird or mouth off, they do not deserve to be murdered.

Maybe you are channeling frustration that others have done the same to you with seeming impunity, and over time you hope they pay a price for it.
That would be an understandable emotion.
However, unless you are sick in your mind and ill in your heart, you should not think such trivial things warrant being killed for such behavior.
Quote:
Imagine if some jerk mocked and flipped off a dead soldier's funeral in front of the grieving parents. Imagine if you were involved in a wreck, and your child or wife is killed, and someone drives by and mocks you and flips you off.

You can bet my already agitated mind would be so consumed with anger at that point, chasing after that person would be an automatic given. I'm not saying I would want to stab that person, but you never knew what can happen in the heat of the moment.

I love the high horse activists on this forum that always seem to value human life on these threads, until of course, it involves them personally or involves something that affects them personally in some way. I bet if it was some person that taunted and flipped off a group of bikers supporting a political candidate dear to these people, they'd then joyfully make fun of that person getting stabbed.

Wow, maybe I was giving you too much credit, or you are what I highlighted above.

I certainly believe some punks deserve a good old fashion a$$ whooping, but if everyone started killing each other over disrespectful behavior, we would have anarchy.
Heck, even in the movie The Godfather, where a guys daughter was beaten after an attempted rape, the Don knew that murder was not justice for a beating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIBpHO1gZgQ

Now of course I'd personally think anyone who attempted to rape and then beat my daughter would deserve to be harmed in ways I will not describe.
However, to think a punk acting foolish and only being disrespectful deserves to die is absurd.
Heck, that sounds like the behavior of the animals in the inner cities who kill each other just for looking at them the wrong way.

So if you think it is hard to feel pity for the guy who flipped off some criminal scum who stabbed him, you have some issues that need to be addressed.

`

Old 07-27-2017, 09:52 AM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 9 days ago)

16,101 posts, read 21,243,054 times
Quote:

I think most people would be so consumed by grief that it wouldn't occur to them to go chasing after some jerk and leave their loved ones behind.
I do not think most people on this forum would react the way this guy did, it was a total over reaction to the circumstances and most people here seem to recognize that. This screams anger issues.

Old 07-27-2017, 09:56 AM

4,713 posts, read 3,486,198 times
Quote:

Westboro Baptist group people CONSTANTLY disrespect veterans' funerals. No one is killing them.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:55 PM

600 posts, read 569,684 times
Dude turned himself in. At least we know he has a conscience.

Old 07-27-2017, 01:36 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,651,022 times
If everyone who got flipped off on the LA freeways stabbed the person (to death) doing the flipping, there would be hundreds of murders here each day!

I hope the guy gets life in prison, because he is clearly a danger to society.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:00 PM

269 posts, read 262,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
If everyone who got flipped off on the LA freeways stabbed the person (to death) doing the flipping, there would be hundreds of murders here each day!

And eventually there would be no traffic congestion. This in turn would eliminate aggressive behavior and violence.

Old 07-27-2017, 03:08 PM
KCZ

4,692 posts, read 3,704,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post
Dude turned himself in. At least we know he has a conscience.
Given that he's been arrested 3 previous times for assault, I'd guess he knows the drill and has his attorney on speed-dial. The latter undoubtedly advised him to turn himself in before the police arrived on his doorstep. No conscience implied here.

Old 07-27-2017, 04:09 PM

573 posts, read 588,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You beat me to it. This board is so strange some times.
Look at it this way. Neither party is likely contributing to society in any meaningful way. From a pragmatic point of view, both being removed from society then becomes a net positive. Take semantics out of the equation, and no I don't mind that the "bird flipper" is dead. He is likely yet another narcissistic entitled piece of trash who does not wish to become educated and contribute to society, but be loud and demand things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events