Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 05:39 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,980,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
I drove into NY once in my 20s trying to find times square to visit.
That was your first mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
I got over that double decker bridge and within 3 blocks i turned around and got the f outta that $#it hole. As soon as you get over the bridge all you hear is sirens, people shouting out of windows at people on the street, fist fights, horns honking, people cutting you off left and right with no turn signals, pot holes the size and deep as toilets, trash everywhere, broke down cars, booted cars, cops armed like military on every corner... on and on and on.

Who the hell wants to be around that hell let alone live in it. NY is like a 3rd world country these days.
3 blocks once you get over the GWB, is Washington Heights. You were about 130 blocks off from your intended destination. And the sirens in that area are because of the multiple hospitals located there.

And NYC is not "like a 3rd world country these days". It's been gentrified and Disneyfied beyond recognition. Nice story, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 07:03 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,233,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm trying hard, really I am, but I just can't seem to find any bit of sympathy for the guy that got stabbed...
]
Tempers flared 1 dead 1 likely going to jail. No one to feel sorry for here.No one pays attention to the news anymore?

Old 07-28-2017, 07:16 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,751,844 times
Default Tragic .....

This entire situation is trajic.
All this sparked by stupid childish behaviour.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:28 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,069,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm trying hard, really I am, but I just can't seem to find any bit of sympathy for the guy that got stabbed...
Yes, taunting someone should be a death sentence. Got it. Sorry, but stabbing someone is murder! Hope the person gets life in prison to keep him off the streets as he is no doubt a danger to others. Two lives lost because of the idiot with a knife had to murder someone and now his life is over as well. Makes sense.

I will say one thing Suburban Guy. You really must harbor a lot of hatred if you feel murdering someone over a middle finger is okay. Such an odd perspective. So much hate on the Internet. Odd stuff.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:32 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,107,761 times
He needs to be in prison for life and to all of the people who see nothing wrong with stabbing someone over something as silly as being given the finger....seek help.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:17 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,069,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
He needs to be in prison for life and to all of the people who see nothing wrong with stabbing someone over something as silly as being given the finger....seek help.
Agreed. Not sure if the Internet makes people this awful, or the Internet just attracts people this awful? Stabbing someone over a middle finger is sick!

Old 07-28-2017, 12:23 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,596,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Yes, taunting someone should be a death sentence. Got it. Sorry, but stabbing someone is murder! Hope the person gets life in prison to keep him off the streets as he is no doubt a danger to others. Two lives lost because of the idiot with a knife had to murder someone and now his life is over as well. Makes sense.

I will say one thing Suburban Guy. You really must harbor a lot of hatred if you feel murdering someone over a middle finger is okay. Such an odd perspective. So much hate on the Internet. Odd stuff.
Speeding on a residential street and flipping people off also makes you an idiot.

I also have no sympathy for the guy who ended up dead. Hate? No - that word is thrown around carelessly nowadays. Hate is a strong thing. Not the same as just being indifferent to an anti-social ahole's fate.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:30 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,596,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post
^^Considering all this anger, I'm pretty sure you are a frequent flyer of the bird flipper club yourself.

Why are you bringing up dead soldiers' funerals, and spouses & children being killed in a wreck? Nothing even close to that happened in this news story. Not that it matters. Someone flipping you off does not merit running them down to stab them to death.

Here's another article with updates and more details:

Man who fatally stabbed Bronx man surrenders to cops - NY Daily News

I, too, was inclined to think that the victim (Billy Sierra) was being a jerk, but he really just seems to have been at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Before Sierra even happened by the scene, Garcia started an altercation with someone else in a Nissan. The Nissan driver had thrown a Wendy's bag out of his car window and Garcia "confronted" him. That Nissan driver than drove away, side swiping Garcia's car. A few minutes later, the Honda in which Sierra was riding as a passenger drove by the scene, at which point, Garcia than took it upon himself to engage with the Honda, telling them to slow down. ("Yo, slow down! Stop speeding in my neighborhood!”)

So, basically, Garcia was angry with the Nissan driver and took it out on the Honda occupants. How were they supposed to know what had happened a few minutes ago with the Nissan? Garcia wasn't in a wreck. The Nissan had merely side swiped him as it drove off. And we don't know if the Honda was really even speeding. Or maybe it was doing something like a 35 in a 25 (like 95% of drivers). If you are minding your own business, and some angry dude is yelling at you for something like that, I think the bird flipping is a little more understandable.

Considering that your "agitated mind" can be "so consumed with anger", I'm guessing you might have also been inclined to flip the bird, had you been in the victim's shoes.

You just stand quiet or hide when youths speed down your residential street? I don't - aholes speeding down my street where kids play and pets cats cross isn't minding their own business - they are right in my business.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:03 PM

3,862 posts, read 3,173,177 times
No one deserves to get stabbed.
But, why do drivers that get stuck in traffic, make it a point to talk smack at accident victims?

Last time i was in a accident, some guy in a mustang convertable , stuck in traffic, decides it was a good idea to talk trash as he was rolling by. MR Mustang did catch a bottle to the head, by one of the other drivers. Mr. Mustang did ask for it.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:48 PM
Status: "It's WARY, or LEERY (weary means tired)" (set 14 days ago)

16,120 posts, read 21,263,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Speeding on a residential street and flipping people off also makes you an idiot.

I also have no sympathy for the guy who ended up dead. Hate? No - that word is thrown around carelessly nowadays. Hate is a strong thing. Not the same as just being indifferent to an anti-social ahole's fate.
A world of difference between the two, killing someone is way beyond just being an idiot. Flipping people off is douche, but it's a sign of annoyance, not some antisocial act of aggression. You're talking out of both sides of your mouth to talk about caring about kids and pets while being indifferent to what is essentially a depraved reaction to a simple hand gesture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events