Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 12:24 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,755,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
There is a popular drug cocktail among a certain set near me consisting of a half a tallboy of Arizona Iced Tea, a bag of Skittles dissolved therein, then topped off with Robitussin DM (DXM).

I think this guy may have been intentionally "robo-tripping".

Robotripping means drinking a whole bottle of Robitussin. It leaves the user psychotic for upwards of a week -- nothing the hospital staff treats you with will make any difference until the Robotrip is over.

The kids where I live call the Coricidin high "triple Cs." It can make you psychotic, too, even in fairly small doses. I've never seen it personally so I don't have a sense of how long it lasts or how severe the symptoms are. But only a small overdose can flat-out kill you. (Or, apparently, your wife.)

If this guy is trying to say "Coricidin made me do it," well, that's not going to get him out of anything. Juries aren't too sympathetic to "I was too wasted to know what I was doing" as a defense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 08:22 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,186,934 times
My husband had a horrible reaction to decongestant medicine. I gave him one and he decided to to take two more that day. Dummy didn't read the package to only take one per day. He was totally out of it and I didn't realize it. He decided to go for a walk and ended up lost. I noticed he wasn't in the house and looked around the neighborhood and was about to call 911. Then the doorbell rang and it was the police said they saw him looking lost and cold and confused walking down the sidewalk. Went and got him and realized he had taken too much cold medication. Took another day for it to get out of his system. I think the police thought he was on drugs. I can believe some people have problems and get totally confused.

Some people are hypersensitive to even over the counter medication. My mom is the same way.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:43 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,949,985 times
Why can't people just get a divorce?

Old 10-19-2017, 10:22 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Robotripping means drinking a whole bottle of Robitussin. It leaves the user psychotic for upwards of a week -- nothing the hospital staff treats you with will make any difference until the Robotrip is over.

The kids where I live call the Coricidin high "triple Cs." It can make you psychotic, too, even in fairly small doses. I've never seen it personally so I don't have a sense of how long it lasts or how severe the symptoms are. But only a small overdose can flat-out kill you. (Or, apparently, your wife.)

If this guy is trying to say "Coricidin made me do it," well, that's not going to get him out of anything. Juries aren't too sympathetic to "I was too wasted to know what I was doing" as a defense.
We used to 'robo' when we were younger, like 16-17, it was mainly when we didnt have money to buy normal drugs, it was sort of the last resort to get high.

Had to use the type with dextromophorhan(spelling?), and the high was not that great, and generally only lasted about an hour if that long, never days and weeks, that is completely wrong.

Old 10-19-2017, 02:17 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,013,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
We used to 'robo' when we were younger, like 16-17, it was mainly when we didnt have money to buy normal drugs, it was sort of the last resort to get high.

Had to use the type with dextromophorhan(spelling?), and the high was not that great, and generally only lasted about an hour if that long, never days and weeks, that is completely wrong.
I had a reaction a few years back due to Dextromothorphan in Robitussin cold medicine, and my prescription Doxepin 10mg I take every night for chronic headaches.

It caused Serotonin Syndrome, and I was awake, and bouncing off the walls/completely hyper for over 5 days (and nights) straight. From Monday morning, until after that Friday at noon I did not sleep one minute. I even worked my normal 12 hour night shifts that week. I did a LOT of pacing and walking around, as I couldn't burn off the energy. I was 55 years old, and it eventually wore off, but I never burned out from it.

Pretty scary, as my heart rate stayed up around 180 the whole time, but I never went psychotic or felt I wanted to kill anybody.

Old 10-20-2017, 02:03 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,755,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

I don't mean the high. I mean the psychotic episode, if there is one. Most people who 'trip on Robo' never become psychotic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events