Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 02:13 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,092,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
It's all looking to be hyped up fake news drama at this point.
So Jetblue and the passenger are lying about this incident?? #fakenews!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 02:18 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,034,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Yeah, so this guy and his dog were just hanging out at the Jet Blue Terminal... Orlando Airport gets an F. They could try to pinpoint how this dude got to the airport. Whether he was dropped by someone. Get the license plate and have Animal Control seize and destroy the dog.
lol. Someone's been triggered.

I actually fondly remember the days when we went to the airport on dates just to watch the planes land and takeoff. Granted, things were lax back then. This was before those tubes that run up to the door and allow passengers to debark in air-conditioned comfort. Used to be people ran across the tarmac and jumped on a staircase. Visitors could walk right up to the plane with the passengers.

I really, really miss those days.

As far as this guy being in the terminal with his dog...there's certainly no law against it, as far as I know.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:23 PM

16,283 posts, read 10,427,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Looks like someone wants easy money.
I don't understand comments like this. I saw the picture, that is a really bad injury. You just don't expect this to happen while waiting in line at an airport. If my dog ever did that I'd own up to it and provide information. The airline helped the dog owner get away and was of no help after one of their customers was attacked. That is totally unacceptable and they should be accountable.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:24 PM

5,444 posts, read 6,999,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post

I actually fondly remember the days when we went to the airport on dates just to watch the planes land and takeoff. Granted, things were lax back then. This was before those tubes that run up to the door and allow passengers to debark in air-conditioned comfort. Used to be people ran across the tarmac and jumped on a staircase. Visitors could walk right up to the plane with the passengers.

As far as this guy being in the terminal with his dog...there's certainly no law against it, as far as I know.
There is no law, but the airport has rules against it.

https://orlandoairports.net/faq/#faq-1211

Where can I walk my dog while at the airport?
Dogs are not permitted in Orlando International Airport unless they are either working dogs, or they are in a carrier approved for traveling onboard an aircraft. Service Animal Relief Areas are available on Level 2 of both terminals. The “A†side area is located at the far East end of the building (to the right as you exit the building). The “B†side area is located at the far West end of the building (to the right as you exit the building).

Old 11-15-2017, 02:30 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,092,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post

Where you born in 1919?

Old 11-15-2017, 02:41 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,767,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I don't understand comments like this. I saw the picture, that is a really bad injury. You just don't expect this to happen while waiting in line at an airport. If my dog ever did that I'd own up to it and provide information. The airline helped the dog owner get away and was of no help after one of their customers was attacked. That is totally unacceptable and they should be accountable.
You saw a photo that she wanted you to see. No bandages. No torn clothing. Nothing. Other than that where is there actual proof that it happened the way she said it happened?

And fwiw if I were travelling (or shipping) with my dog it would be in a Sherpa bag or a crate with a health certificate from my vet.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:45 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,767,735 times
Quote:
Where you born in 1919?
Used to be able to do so internationally before 6/11/2001 for full sized airplanes and still is done for smaller airplanes that can't be accommodated in some airports terminal walkways.

Old 11-15-2017, 02:48 PM

6,455 posts, read 9,822,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Used to be able to do so internationally before 6/11/2001 for full sized airplanes and still is done for smaller airplanes that can't be accommodated in some airports terminal walkways.
Yeah things were way relaxed before then lol I flew from cali to vegas with only a ticket stub with my name on it lol

Old 11-15-2017, 04:22 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
I didn't write the story, hun! Would you be with a quick nip on your leg or child's leg?
Hun? Seriously?

What does my child have to do with this story?

Old 11-15-2017, 04:30 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,031,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I don't understand comments like this. I saw the picture, that is a really bad injury.
Its a bruise, which makes it look much worse then it actually is.

Not saying that its not a bad experience for this woman, but its not anything I would consider a "really bad injury". Considering she claims it was a big dog, things could have been much worse. She is lucky that the dog just nipped at her, and didn't tear at her leg like she is claiming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events