Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 06:41 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,367,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Literally speaking, I do not think they can put them down! It's kind of scary when you think about it. I have to wonder if all this is some kind of subliminal brainwashing by some nefarious power.
That would be the cell phone/wireless service providers. Pretty effective marketing actually. Create an addiction, then supply it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 07:09 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,554,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
So the dad was 47 when his son was born? It seems to me that part of the problem with this family is that the parents had this child too late in life. The son probably hasn't respected his dad for a while (being so old, and also being weaker physically than his son).
I thought about that too. That’s a huge age difference. I’m over twice the age of the son and my parents aren’t even quite 63.

There’s a lot of stuff going on with this family that can’t be explained by one thing.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:15 PM

2,301 posts, read 1,885,695 times
Wow that kid got anger issues.He needs to be in jail.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:05 PM

6,792 posts, read 2,904,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster
Literally speaking, I do not think they can put them down! It's kind of scary when you think about it. I have to wonder if all this is some kind of subliminal brainwashing by some nefarious power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdad7x View Post
That would be the cell phone/wireless service providers. Pretty effective marketing actually. Create an addiction, then supply it.
Yep, that and the gullible people that the cell phone/wireless service providers KNOW will buy into it. This is typical of the tribal mentality of most people that these 'nefarious powers' take full advantage of.

Mark my words, there is worse to come re cell phone addiction, texting, etc.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:11 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
What an awful thug of a son. Beating your parent severely like that over a minor dispute is insane. Lots of families argue over petty things without violence.

Old 03-01-2018, 08:18 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,957,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Sometimes you have to work backwards from the end of the story.

He was released on $40 bond to his mother pretty quickly.

My guess is, the father isn't blameless and the boy didn't intend to inflict such damage.
Yes, you're right. That is certainly a guess.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:53 PM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
I am from a different era.

When I was a lad, the thought of raising my hand to an adult honestly never occurred to me. It was unthinkable. And to raise your hand to your father........? I could not imagine. I never even heard of such a thing.

Things are not "better" now. We do not have "more freedom".

Old 03-01-2018, 10:11 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,182,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
"Felony assault and battery on a person over 60". There are different laws and penalties for assault on people under 60, and over 60? That's a new one to me.
Yeah, early 60s isn't really "elderly". There's a world of difference between 63 and 80. That being said that son did a terrible thing.

Old 03-01-2018, 10:34 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,658,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307;51188747[B
]I am from a different era.[/b]

When I was a lad, the thought of raising my hand to an adult honestly never occurred to me. It was unthinkable. And to raise your hand to your father........? I could not imagine. I never even heard of such a thing.

Things are not "better" now. We do not have "more freedom".

You are most certainly so. There's this thug named "Boonk" and his posse are known as Boonk gang. What he is known for is "pulling stunts." However, these are not just stunts--they are criminal acts. For example, he'll steal a gold chain from someone and run off with it. Or he'll vandalize a car. Or worse yet, he assaults certain people. He actually assaulted someone's grandmother last year and caught it on camera. (he actually got arrested for some of these "stunts") All of this is captured on camera and is shown on his youtube video.

What makes this even worse is that he has a HUGE following on instagram and youtube...which means that there's a lot of people (presumably the youth) who either endorse this behavior or approve of this behavior. I'm a LITTLE BIT older than his demographic but my cousin and I are almost the same age and he endorses this behavior. My cousin even mimics Boonk's motto, "a whole lot of gang ****."

Old 03-01-2018, 10:46 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,579,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
The dad repeatedly told his son to stop texting at a Cape Cod restaurant. Outside, the son punched his father, who was knocked unconscious when he struck his head on the pavement.

Police: Son Knocked Out Dad In Fight Over Texting At Cape Cod Restaurant « CBS Boston
Just as soon as I get home from the hospital , boy you are going on restrictions for 2 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events