Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 06:43 AM

27,146 posts, read 13,438,724 times

Advertisements

Not many Americans realise that McDonald, Starbucks, Subway and other US Chains use very different ingredience in the UK and Europe due to the banning of many additives, and there is also much less sugar and salt added in the UK and Europe than in the US meal.

McDonald's serves WHAT in London?! The Outrageous Double Standard in fast food

Fry hard: It turns out McDonald's fries have more than three times as many ingredients in the US than the UK | City A.M.

11 Food Ingredients Banned Outside the U.S. That We Eat - ABC News

These American Meat Products Are Banned Abroad - Huff Post

As for Acrylamide in Coffee new legislation is coming in to force in the EU and UK from April 2018.

New EU acrylamide legislation | Food Standards Agency

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-30-2018 at 06:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2018, 06:50 AM

3,658 posts, read 2,560,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Not many Americans realise that McDonald, Starbucks, Subway and other US Chains use very different ingredience in the UK and Europe due to the banning of many additives, and there is also much less sugar and salt added in the UK and Europe than in the US meal.

Fry hard: It turns out McDonald's fries have more than three times as many ingredients in the US than the UK | City A.M.

As for Acrylamide in Coffee new legislation is coming in to force in the EU and UK from April 2018.

So now I have to travel to the UK for my Big Mac? "Ay Caramba"!!!

Old 03-30-2018, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
So now I have to travel to the UK for my Big Mac? "Ay Caramba"!!!
And your fries, in the US McDonalds puts an ingredient used in silly putty on the fries, needless to say this is banned alsewhere.

McDonald's French Fries Found to Contain Silly Putty and Toxic Petroluem Chemical

A Silly Putty Ingredient Has Made Its Way Into Many Fast Food Chains - Medical Daily

Old 03-30-2018, 07:32 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,556,721 times
Quote:

These American Meat Products Are Banned Abroad - Huff Post

Its not an additive, its a result of roasting - i.e. a type of burning. You grow your own coffee beans, and then roast them, you'll have acrylamide on them.

So pat yourself on your back as you breathe in those UK diesel car fumes - but if the coffee was roasted its got acrylamide in it (Unless its artificially processed afterwards to remove it).

Oh and btw - if you roast your potatoes - they've got acrylamide in the crust.

Old 03-30-2018, 07:34 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,556,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I'm hearing this on my radio a lot today.

Judge rules coffee sold in California needs cancer warnings | CBC News

Years ago, maybe 15 or so, my friend was told by her MD to NOT drink Starbucks as it contains a chemical in it's processing that is alleged to advance fibroids. My friend drank a lot of Starbucks out and at home, she stopped drinking it after her MD's warning. I Never jumped on the Starbucks craze.

I drink one cup daily of Organics or Seattles Best Organics.
Acrylamide is not an added chemical. Its a result of roasting the beans.

Did you friend tell you that coffee consumption reduces liver cancer incidence?

Old 03-30-2018, 07:46 AM

7,488 posts, read 10,484,208 times
Gosh, I hope this does not refer to coffee ice cream!!

My one vice in life...gone...(sob)!

Old 03-30-2018, 09:06 AM

1,433 posts, read 1,061,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
Gosh, I hope this does not refer to coffee ice cream!!

My one vice in life...gone...(sob)!
If you're gonna die from something...coffee flavored ice cream (or any ice cream for that matter) isn't a bad choice...probably only second to bacon.

Old 03-30-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bg7 View Post
Its not an additive, its a result of roasting - i.e. a type of burning. You grow your own coffee beans, and then roast them, you'll have acrylamide on them.

So pat yourself on your back as you breathe in those UK diesel car fumes - but if the coffee was roasted its got acrylamide in it (Unless its artificially processed afterwards to remove it).

Oh and btw - if you roast your potatoes - they've got acrylamide in the crust.
I know what it is, it's written in the link at the Food Standards Agency link in relation the new EU/UK Legislation coming in to force in April 2018. Did you read the link and then repost the obvious to try to look clever.

Try reading -

Quote:

Legislation on acrylamide mitigation in food | Food Standards Agency

As for Diesel, we have new legislation, taxes and a ban on all diesel and petrol cars coming in to force, whilst everything else I have written in relation to differing food and additive standards still remains true and that includes Starbucks which has different additives in the UK and US.

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-30-2018 at 09:32 AM..

Old 03-30-2018, 09:49 AM

32,636 posts, read 47,995,345 times
Quote:
Not many Americans realise that McDonald, Starbucks, Subway and other US Chains use very different ingredience in the UK and Europe due to the banning of many additives, and there is also much less sugar and salt added in the UK and Europe than in the US meal.............
Yes, but do many Europeans and Brits realize that all the additive bans and sugar and salt bans are made up by bureaucrats who don't have science and nutrition training, but do have an agenda?

Old 03-30-2018, 10:59 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
A judge?
What do we have the FDA for?
I think they are pretty useless anyway...money talks...lobbyists have plenty of that going for them,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events