Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2020, 12:43 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,935,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I'm not sure this was an accident.

Reading through this article, and the GoFundMe linked in the article, these two were with their dad for his visitation weekend. They were 2 of 7 children of their biological mother, but it appears only these two were this father's kids.

He states he went to the Quick Trip (gas station that has several stores in Tulsa) at noon, returned home, got the kids out of the car and took a nap for 4-5 hours. Upon awakening, he states he couldn't find his children and later discovered they were in the truck on the floorboard of the truck, dead.

Video surveillance by a neighbor shows he never got the kids out of the car.

I hope they're investigating this as possible intentional murder, not lapse of attention. It would be interesting to see the video of him discovering them in the truck. Whether he made a beeline for the truck, or whether he did what anyone would do if their littles went missing from the house - check the yard, look down the street, check behind bushes, calling their names, etc. Or did he just walk out there, keys in hand, open the truck and carry them out?

https://ktul.com/news/local/father-a...ere-found-dead
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 01:53 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,681,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm not sure this was an accident.

Reading through this article, and the GoFundMe linked in the article, these two were with their dad for his visitation weekend. They were 2 of 7 children of their biological mother, but it appears only these two were this father's kids.

He states he went to the Quick Trip (gas station that has several stores in Tulsa) at noon, returned home, got the kids out of the car and took a nap for 4-5 hours. Upon awakening, he states he couldn't find his children and later discovered they were in the truck on the floorboard of the truck, dead.

Video surveillance by a neighbor shows he never got the kids out of the car.

I hope they're investigating this as possible intentional murder, not lapse of attention. It would be interesting to see the video of him discovering them in the truck. Whether he made a beeline for the truck, or whether he did what anyone would do if their littles went missing from the house - check the yard, look down the street, check behind bushes, calling their names, etc. Or did he just walk out there, keys in hand, open the truck and carry them out?

Yeah, this has BS written all over it. He has one weekend alone with his kids, and he decides to spend FIVE HOURS of the afternoon taking a nap while his 3- and 4-year olds do what, exactly? That would not be the action of a normal parent. And he didn't notice they weren't around before he fell asleep? Didn't even get them settled in front of the TV with juice and goldfish crackers?

Last edited by saibot; 06-15-2020 at 02:23 PM..

Old 06-16-2020, 07:43 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

Wow. KTUL has updated their story to reflect that the children DID get into the truck on their own.

How did LE miss that, with video of the truck during that time?

Also, how did LE miss that he DID remove the children from the truck when he returned from the QuickTrip, when they had it on video?

Old 06-16-2020, 08:24 AM

14,299 posts, read 11,681,163 times
Quote:
Wow. KTUL has updated their story to reflect that the children DID get into the truck on their own.

How did LE miss that, with video of the truck during that time?

Also, how did LE miss that he DID remove the children from the truck when he returned from the QuickTrip, when they had it on video?

That's bizarre. I'm sorry I misjudged the guy, but you have to admit it looked bad. It's still negligent to go to sleep for a long time when you're in charge of preschool children who are up and about and not in a secured location, but it doesn't sound like he forgot them or intended to harm them.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
That's bizarre. I'm sorry I misjudged the guy, but you have to admit it looked bad. It's still negligent to go to sleep for a long time when you're in charge of preschool children who are up and about and not in a secured location, but it doesn't sound like he forgot them or intended to harm them.
I still don't know how they completely misunderstood this situation - apparently there were two different neighbor videos. This seems to be a case where the dad didn't have "parents ears". So sad.

Old 06-16-2020, 04:37 PM

12,058 posts, read 10,264,721 times
Quote:
I still don't know how they completely misunderstood this situation - apparently there were two different neighbor videos. This seems to be a case where the dad didn't have "parents ears". So sad.
wonder if he was working a new schedule and just fell into such a deep sleep that he didn't hear them.

But doors should be latched and locked? Wonder if they will charge him with anything else

Old 06-19-2020, 05:28 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times
NC child dies after being left in hot car

Quote:
A 22-month-old died Thursday after being left in a vehicle in Ellerbe at an unlicensed childcare facility,

Old 06-20-2020, 06:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Angry Another Parent Leaves Child in Hot Car

Of course.

It's summer.

This is an annual ritual.

Why would anyone assume that imbeciles don't have children?

Old 06-20-2020, 09:21 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,080,429 times
Have vehicles become so iSmart that children can figure out how to get inside them, but cannot figure out how to get out of them?

Old 06-20-2020, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Here's a little bit more information, but no details as to how this happened.

Both workers have been charged and are in jail; the child hasn't been identified but was a boy.

Sad.

https://www.yourdailyjournal.com/new...ensed-day-care
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events