Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2018, 07:31 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times

Advertisements

He was indeed a true hero in this world, he gave his own life to save others.

And lest any Debbie downers rain on this parade due to his death, may I remind them that he was there on a completely voluntary basis, and tragic accidents do happen in any and all rescue efforts of such magnitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 07:31 AM

727 posts, read 151,761 times
Smile *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws
All out including the coach CBS is reporting
Thank goodness!!!!!

Praise be to our higher power!!!

Old 07-10-2018, 07:41 AM

19,201 posts, read 16,683,192 times
Really happy to hear the news of their rescue. I'm never surprised when good things like this happen because people came together. I didn't realize there were over 90 divers from all over the world working together to get these boys out. Sad that one diver lost his life, though. Still, all boys and their coach are safe and the families have something to celebrate.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:42 AM

24 posts, read 28,397 times
Absolutely thrilled that they managed to pull off this heroic rescue. It's always great when lost kids are reunited with their parents; maybe we can learn something from it?

Old 07-10-2018, 07:47 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,194,523 times
I will be even more thrilled when the remaining Seals and the doctor who was in there are out safely. Has anyone heard anything further about whether they are expected soon or if they have to wait again, while they stage more O2 tanks?

Old 07-10-2018, 07:48 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,627,074 times
And now the cash grab is about to begin.

Like I said I pray a major Hollywood studio does not get their hands on the rights to their story.

If they did, the Thai boys and Thai people will be relegated to the background, and the story told mainly from the perspectives of the foreign rescue team (the white divers). The opening scenes will show the kids going into the caves, rain starts pouring, and show them getting trapped. Then cut to a scene with Marky Mark Wahlberg as a dive instructor taking tourists out for a dive. The next 40 minutes will be devoted to scenes of him with his wife and child as a serious looking guy comes to his home to discuss a very serious situation in Thailand, and as he is one of the best of the best divers in the world. Cue hugging his wife and child as he departs to Thailand. Last half of movie will feature the rescue sequences, with Wahlberg featured in every rescue and scene. No attempt will be made by filmmakers to put a human face and name to the Thai boys or rescue team.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:50 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,738,593 times
Wonderful , their all out.. but such a sour taste left with the very brave diver who died...

Old 07-10-2018, 08:03 AM

5,249 posts, read 3,605,519 times
Happy ending... I was dreading the potential story of the one kid who wouldn't make it out & how devastated that family would be.

I see where Manchester United has invited the team & their rescuers to come to a home game there.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:09 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
And now the cash grab is about to begin.

Like I said I pray a major Hollywood studio does not get their hands on the rights to their story.

If they did, the Thai boys and Thai people will be relegated to the background, and the story told mainly from the perspectives of the foreign rescue team (the white divers). The opening scenes will show the kids going into the caves, rain starts pouring, and show them getting trapped. Then cut to a scene with Marky Mark Wahlberg as a dive instructor taking tourists out for a dive. The next 40 minutes will be devoted to scenes of him with his wife and child as a serious looking guy comes to his home to discuss a very serious situation in Thailand, and as he is one of the best of the best divers in the world. Cue hugging his wife and child as he departs to Thailand. Last half of movie will feature the rescue sequences, with Wahlberg featured in every rescue and scene. No attempt will be made by filmmakers to put a human face and name to the Thai boys or rescue team.
Unfortunately, I think any US company would be the highest bidder for any of them to make some money off their ordeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefe View Post
Happy ending... I was dreading the potential story of the one kid who wouldn't make it out & how devastated that family would be.

I see where Manchester United has invited the team & their rescuers to come to a home game there.
I was dreading it too. I just hope we hear the water levels in the one high one had receded enough for them to keep their heads above water. I know they've been pumping 24/7 so would imagine it had to helped there

Last edited by Roselvr; 07-10-2018 at 08:30 AM..

Old 07-10-2018, 08:15 AM
Jza

259 posts, read 379,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Wonderful , their all out.. but such a sour taste left with the very brave diver who died...
100% with you here. My initial happiness of the news was indeed bitter-sweet at the sobering truth that the diver died for this cause. Also hoping to find out via news outlets or here on CD that all rescue team members remaining exit the cave safely. For some reason I want a Wild Boars shirt even though I am not a soccer fan at all.

If that young man who was the coach has any conscience at all, which I believe he does (it was reported his condition was very bad because he rationed what little they had among his players as first priority), the dead diver will weigh heavy on him for some time... it would for me.

The coverage and the responses on this whole matter have left some impressions which I just cannot help the urge to rant about, but that will be in another thread in another sub-forum, this isn't the place. Today - another good example of humanity's better side. Good job by the heroes, all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events