Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 01:11 PM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
What about movie theaters? Probably so huh?
Just went to the movies the other day and someone was in my seat. He got right up, because he knew he was wrong, but the seat was sweaty as heck and he sat in the next seat and stunk. Didn't think of the bed bugs till this article. From now on, I'll take wet towels to wipe my seat down no matter what.
Yuck. I don't know why there are so many gross people today compared to say twenty years ago.

Just today I was at a business in town and outside an obese sweaty guy in shorts and flip flops had a shirt that said "Welcome to my World" on the front and on the back "Now F*** Off".

I have been burped at and farted on for no reason, had spit hawked near me, all by sloppy men walking past in a store or on the street. Only past five years or so.

I will not go to a public pool or low cost gym anymore, who knows what you can catch with such unhygienic people around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 02:19 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,695,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
If you ride in an airplane and get bedbugs you're then a nasty person?
C'mon man. You that dense that I have to explain as if I'm communicating with a 6 year old?

Old 07-24-2018, 02:29 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
When you depart your flight please line up, remove your clothes and stand in line to march to the showers. Women and children to the right.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:31 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
It really has gone downhill. Crazy passangers, frequent physical fights breaking out over nonesence (beatdown airlines, free bag of chips after every fight) and frequent delays and increases in amenity prices while taking away many comforts.

Starting to think old school road trip or train is better for trips not super long distance. If you drive just don't pick up Rutger Hauer as a passanger.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:32 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,921,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
C'mon man. You that dense that I have to explain as if I'm communicating with a 6 year old?
Suddenly I think that, yes, maybe we need to communicate as if one of us had the mentality of a six year old.

So, joee5, is it your assertion that bed bugs are somehow confined to "nasty people"? Or why did you bring up "nasty people" in a thread about bed bugs?

Old 07-24-2018, 02:35 PM

Speaking of gross things and public places like gyms-

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/naked-m...ne-police-say/

Quote:
A man was charged after he allegedly took off his clothes at the front desk of a Planet Fitness and exercised naked Sunday, according to local reports. He also told police he thought the gym was a "judgement free zone," CBS Boston reports.
Eric Stagno, 34, was arrested without incident and charged with indecent exposure, lewdness and disorderly conduct after police responded to the crowded gym in Plaistow, New Hampshire, according to police.

"When officers arrived, they found him there, completely nude: on his knees in a yoga-type position," police Captain Brett Morgan told the Boston Globe. "He walked into the gym, stripped down at the door, then proceeded to walk back and forth a couple of times before settling in on the yoga mats."
Eww. So did they toss the yoga mats or just wipe them down?

Old 07-24-2018, 03:13 PM

297 posts, read 166,779 times
The seats/beds we sit/lay on temporarily in public places have been filthied by whoever was there before us. Reminds me of a Carlin bit talking about seat cushions as flotation devices... "Imagine that, my seat cushion. Just what I need, to float around the North Atlantic for several days, clinging to a pillow full of beer farts!"

Yes... nobody wants bed bug bites. But maybe this seat cushion might just be the answer. If I was a bed bug I wouldn't much like to hang around that kind of smell. Just my two cents.

Old 07-24-2018, 04:16 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,187,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I have been burped at and farted on for no reason,...
Did you go away, or were you taunted a second time?

How's your hamster?

Old 07-24-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatopescado View Post
Did you go away, or were you taunted a second time?

How's your hamster?
Hmmm. What??

Old 07-24-2018, 05:54 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,187,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Hmmm. What??
Here ya go!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...78&FORM=WRVORC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events