Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 09:45 PM

2,273 posts, read 1,668,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I expect the "tour group" was a pretext to get her into the U.S. and the woman she was seen with is a relative.

The Chinese routinely siphon members of their extended family still in China over here, one by one. I worked with a Chinese man who told me how his family had done it.
I agree this is a possibility. I'm glad the child is safe but the scenario is infuriating.

How much manpower was used and time/money spent on a supposed abduction? I think the parents should have to pay back every cent to the law enforcement agencies.

Evidently the parents didn't care at all that the tour chaperones would be frantic and the other children upset by this disappearance. It was most certainly underhanded and furtive especially with the change of clothes to change her appearance.

The FBI is now looking into this and I hope the book is thrown at the parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 02:37 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock4 View Post
I agree this is a possibility. I'm glad the child is safe but the scenario is infuriating.

How much manpower was used and time/money spent on a supposed abduction? I think the parents should have to pay back every cent to the law enforcement agencies.

Evidently the parents didn't care at all that the tour chaperones would be frantic and the other children upset by this disappearance. It was most certainly underhanded and furtive especially with the change of clothes to change her appearance.

The FBI is now looking into this and I hope the book is thrown at the parents.
I wonder about the tour group and if they knew. I'm curious why the parents had to pull this verses sending for her.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:12 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,911,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I wonder about the tour group and if they knew. I'm curious why the parents had to pull this verses sending for her.
The parents may have had to return to China to get the daughter out. In China, many citizens own their housing free and clear. That puts a lot of money in their pockets. (I have extended family living in China rent free, so someone's vacant property is protected). So, what do many Chinese do with all that money? They save it, bank in Hong Kong and buy homes in the USA. The Chinese are the single largest demographic buying today.

I forgot to add this family likely had no idea so much trouble and concern would happen concerning their daughter. But whoever helped them orchestrate the "getaway" surely knew..

Last edited by SmartMoney; 08-04-2018 at 07:22 AM..

Old 08-04-2018, 07:21 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,522,688 times
You guys are amazing; can't sneak one past you.

Old 08-04-2018, 07:35 AM

9,317 posts, read 20,998,847 times
Quote:
Have you concerned they the parents might be here Illegally? Came here, Have overstayed there Visa, and the only way of getting there family "Together" is thru methods like this?

How much background checking does US/State do on Visa for a 12yo on a school tour group?

Old 08-04-2018, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Have you concerned they the parents might be here Illegally? Came here, Have overstayed there Visa, and the only way of getting there family "Together" is thru methods like this?

How much background checking does US/State do on Visa for a 12yo on a school tour group?
Good questions. If the parents are here illegally, I wonder if immigration will be on their backs?

I doubt anyone really looked into her background when giving her visa to come over. They probably didn't think they'd need to; but after this things very well may change...

Old 08-04-2018, 12:43 PM

31,902 posts, read 26,954,113 times
No flies on this group!

While parents are supposedly here "lawfully"; they did retain services of an immigration "consultant" who arranged for the daughter to become part of tour group and thus arrive in USA.

“They’re here lawfully," Attorney Demidchik said. "They have the status for their paperwork it’s current."
When the parents realized their daughter was the focus of an amber alert and at the center of a possible FBI human trafficking manhunt, they came forward.
Local immigration attorney Jean Wang told PIX11’s Mary Murphy a friend of JinJing Ma's parents called her last night and said the parents used an “immigration consultant” to get their daughter on the tour as a means of getting the girl into the country." https://pix11.com/2018/08/03/questio...nts-in-queens/

In other words (once again), the US immigration system has been played.

We don't know how or why the parents arrived in USA "lawfully" without their daughter, but now they've circumvented the normal process for family reunification.

The kid now is in USA under a valid tourist visa and the parents are sure as night follows day going to apply for a change of status. Long story short this kid isn't going back to China. Just forget it, end of story.

Furthermore matter is no longer an "abduction", but considered a "misunderstanding". https://13wham.com/news/nation-world...national-found

Old 08-04-2018, 01:45 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,628,787 times
Wrong to do this, flaunting the laws of the country they are living in.

Old 08-05-2018, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Wrong to do this, flaunting the laws of the country they are living in.
I'm glad she was safe but highly doubt this is a misunderstanding. They didn't take her in NY because she probably didn't have her passport. They knew when to take possession of her. She probably told them when she would have her passport and when the tour group heads would have it.

They should be made to pay back something and who knows, at some point outrage may make someone take notice.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:12 PM

31,902 posts, read 26,954,113 times
Quote:
I'm glad she was safe but highly doubt this is a misunderstanding. They didn't take her in NY because she probably didn't have her passport. They knew when to take possession of her. She probably told them when she would have her passport and when the tour group heads would have it.

They should be made to pay back something and who knows, at some point outrage may make someone take notice.
*They* who?

This scheme plotted and hatchted out by the JinJing family used the tour group to get the kid into the USA legally. Once on east coast the parents made their move. The child had to have known what was going on because she "grabbed her passport" and went off to find her mother, change clothes and left the airport with her parents.

The tour group did what was legally and morally required of them; contacted local LE after noticing child went missing, and also in keeping with their visa/travel arrangements flew out to west coast with remainder of the group.

The outrage is already out there and building; people like the JinJing's making up their own immigration laws. The parents didn't reach out to just any type of an attorney to get lawyered up after finding out about the trouble their "misunderstanding" caused; but an *immigration* variety. The Amber Alert is a criminal matter.

https://nypost.com/2018/08/03/abduct...-with-parents/

"Parents of Chinese girl, 12, who was believed to have been abducted from DC Airport actually took her from the tour group after using an immigration consultant to get their daughter to the US 'so she could live with them permanently'

Parents of girl who went missing from DC Airport used immigration consultant*to get her to the US | Daily Mail Online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events