Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2018, 03:57 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,979,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Again, more comments from someone who is treating this like a normal person did this despicable act. This 18 year old has some mental condition where he can't control himself - he's not going to learn from this incident, he's a danger to society plain and simple. He needs to be put away, I don't care where.

Know much more about this than you, and again those thinking this incident is a slam dunk into Mr. Alexander being shut away for life or a very long period of time need to think again.

All over the USA things like this happen on a fairly (sadly) routine basis. So much so that prisons and jails have become the new de facto "mental hospitals" at great cost to local governments.

Have given enough information, and you are free to research more on your own. But as myself and others repeatedly and clearly point out this isn't the 1960's, 1860's or even 1920's any longer. Mentally ill or whatever persons have *RIGHTS*, and regardless of how you or I feel about things they have done there are those out there who will advocate for same.

Again, come back in several months (or at least September after Mr. Alexander's next court appearance) to see where things are going. That is far more a clear indication than people going at each other in this forum over "justice".

Old 08-11-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Again, what happened to this 8 year old was terrible.

But, the underlying theme from a few people in this thread and many people all over, is that too prevent a few incidents like this it's ok to deprive thousands of people of their rights and opportunity to live freely in society.

And that's F'd up.

And I thank you!

Old 08-11-2018, 04:02 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,556,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Know much more about this than you, and again those thinking this incident is a slam dunk into Mr. Alexander being shut away for life or a very long period of time need to think again.

All over the USA things like this happen on a fairly (sadly) routine basis. So much so that prisons and jails have become the new de facto "mental hospitals" at great cost to local governments.

Have given enough information, and you are free to research more on your own. But as myself and others repeatedly and clearly point out this isn't the 1960's, 1860's or even 1920's any longer. Mentally ill or whatever persons have *RIGHTS*, and regardless of how you or I feel about things they have done there are those out there who will advocate for same.

Again, come back in several months (or at least September after Mr. Alexander's next court appearance) to see where things are going. That is far more a clear indication than people going at each other in this forum over "justice".
I don't give a rats ass about the rights and needs of mentally disabled person who tosses an 8 year old from 30 feet up. I don't gaf what time in history it is, and don't feel that matters in the slightest.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:14 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,729 times
Quote:
I don't give a rats ass about the rights and needs of mentally disabled person who tosses an 8 year old from 30 feet up. I don't gaf what time in history it is, and don't feel that matters in the slightest.
Don't worry. Everyone knows you don't care.

Old 08-11-2018, 04:17 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times
Quote:
I don't give a rats ass about the rights
Noted

People have rights
Regardless of their race
Regardless of their sexuality
Regardless of religion

Criminals have rights
People with disabilities have rights

Regardless of what you think

People like you are infinitely more dangerous than the people you want to see locked away.

Sure, one out of X people with disabilities might hurt someone.
But [donkeys] who think as you do absolutely hurt people

Last edited by CBeisbol; 08-11-2018 at 04:28 PM..

Old 08-11-2018, 04:55 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,556,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Don't worry. Everyone knows you don't care.
I care about that kid and hope he recovers. I can't imagine what it must have felt like, to be grabbed, pulled up and tossed 30 feet onto concrete. The physical pain he must be going through, the mental trauma that will probably last the rest of his life, just horrifying.

Here's a pic of this kid, who had the misfortune to be in front of this monster. https://scallywagandvagabond.com/201...a-water-slide/

Old 08-11-2018, 05:45 PM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times
Quote:
I care about that kid and hope he recovers. I can't imagine what it must have felt like, to be grabbed, pulled up and tossed 30 feet onto concrete. The physical pain he must be going through, the mental trauma that will probably last the rest of his life, just horrifying.

Here's a pic of this kid, who had the misfortune to be in front of this monster. https://scallywagandvagabond.com/201...a-water-slide/
Must suck only being able to care about one thing.

Some night even consider that type of person a monster.

Old 08-11-2018, 05:47 PM

Quote:

Well am sorry to inform you that this time in history *does* matter.

You're "lock him up and throw away the key" mentality towards those who "aren't right in their head" started dying out by the 1960's and picked up steam in 1970's especially after media reports like Geraldo Rivera's expose on Willowbrook State School, on Staten Island, NY.

Now you can huff, and puff all you want. But what myself and others are trying to tell you is just a fact; while that this 18 year old man did to that 8 year old boy is horrible, it is *VERY* unlikely the suspect is going to be put away for rest of his life (or a major part of it) as an outcome.

Old 08-11-2018, 05:59 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Well am sorry to inform you that this time in history *does* matter.

You're "lock him up and throw away the key" mentality towards those who "aren't right in their head" started dying out by the 1960's and picked up steam in 1970's especially after media reports like Geraldo Rivera's expose on Willowbrook State School, on Staten Island, NY.

Now you can huff, and puff all you want. But what myself and others are trying to tell you is just a fact; while that this 18 year old man did to that 8 year old boy is horrible, it is *VERY* unlikely the suspect is going to be put away for rest of his life (or a major part of it) as an outcome.
I personally don't want this man ever exposed to people weaker than himself. Ever again. What he did was truly, truly shocking. It's not like he punched someone and the person unexpectedly fell and died.

He threw this boy over the railing, in broad daylight, surrounded by people. There was zero chance he would get away with that - he was surrounded on all sides by people on the ladder and platform, and the stairs were completely blocked by the line of people.

He has zero impulse control to keep him from killing someone - it's really a miracle this boy isn't dead.

Next time he's out it's likely he'll grab a smaller person and break their neck, before anything at all can be done quickly to stop him.

Old 08-11-2018, 06:15 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
e.
I don't believe in non-violent offenders being locked up forever but that's exactly what is going on in our prison system today. Many people are rotting away in prison for non-violent, drug-related crimes. I'd rather feel sorry for those people, than this 18 year old violent hulk who tried to murder a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events