Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2018, 08:13 AM

4,005 posts, read 2,081,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know that she WAS negligent. I don't know what her specific job was - if she was there with several clients, and basically acting as you would if you were a mother taking several 8th graders to a water park.

Do you? He's not a child. He's a man, in a man's body, who has low intellect.
All you know is he is an 18 year old with a developmental disability described as slow. You don't know how slow, and you don't care. All you know is you want to see him charged with attempted murder. Law enforcement doesn't even agree with you. You want above and beyond what any DA is calling for in this case of the broken leg at the waterpark.

Why is that?

People are what they are mentally. How big they are does not matter. There are criminals in our society that are physically as big and strong as any adult, but they are not charged as adults because of their age.

Why is that?

You have all the compassion in the world for this 18 year olds caregiver, but none for the person she was charged with caring for. Interesting.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:18 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
ComeCloser, I'm truly curious.

What is your dog in this hunt?

Old 08-12-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
ComeCloser, I'm truly curious.

What is your dog in this hunt?
Ive made my position quite clear. You keep coming back at me, and I am not to respond to you?

All you have to do is read what I said, and consider it with a slightly open mind to see my stance.

I have no dog and am not hunting. You can stop quoting me anytime you wish. It would probably be a good idea since you are not talking with me, but simply talking at me when you speak.

Last edited by ComeCloser; 08-12-2018 at 08:23 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-12-2018, 08:23 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Ive made my position quite clear. You keep coming back at me, and I am not to respond to you?

All you have to do is read what I said, and consider it with a slightly open mind to see my stance.

I have no dog and am not hunting. You can stop quoting me anytime you wish. It would probably be a good idea since you are not talking with me, but simply taking at me when you speak.
Okay. Translated, "I'm not going to tell you what my motivation is".

That's fine. I just like to understand perspectives. If I knew, for example, that you are the mother of a young adult with mental illness, who is prone to unpredictable violence and so has not been allowed to socialize freely, I'd get it.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Okay. Translated, "I'm not going to tell you what my motivation is".

That's fine. I just like to understand perspectives.

Okay, translated, "I like to live in my own little bubble, and only hear and think what I want to think from my perspective only. If you don't agree with me, I will dismiss or attempt to sublimely offend you."

That's fine. I will not reply to you anymore. There is no point.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:28 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
I found another article, or maybe an update with a picture of the villain. Those, my friends, are the eyes of a sociopath. It contains no conscience. Please read two books, “ The Sociopath Next Door” by Martha Stout and “ The Gift of Fear.” By Gavin De Becker.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:35 AM

50,768 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I found another article, or maybe an update with a picture of the villain. Those, my friends, are the eyes of a sociopath. It contains no conscience. Please read two books, “ The Sociopath Next Door” by Martha Stout and “ The Gift of Fear.” By Gavin De Becker.
He’s not a sociopath, sociopaths are of normal
Or even high intelligence. Good grief.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:44 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
Quote:
I don't know that she WAS negligent. I don't know what her specific job was - if she was there with several clients, and basically acting as you would if you were a mother taking several 8th graders to a water park. You don't have to be within touching distance of all of them all day.

If it were her job to be within touching distance all day, what was to happen when she, or he, needed to use the restroom. Conclusion, it wasn't her job to be within grabbing distance of him all day.

Do you know more about this situation than the media reports? He's not a child. He's a man, in a man's body, who has low intellect.
Those are very good points. We have no idea about the caregivers assignment. Was she responsible for multiple people, who all wanted to do different things? Did the man need assistance getting out of the water so she was at the bottom of the slide waiting for him? Was she even allowed to be in the water while on the job? If she wasn't what was she expected to do when they got to the top of the water slide? No one knows the caregiver's responsibilities (at this time).

Frankly, I would be extremely surprised to find out that he had a one to one aide who was expected to be right next to him all day. While I do not have any inside information on this situation I would not be surprised to find out that the caregiver was responsible for three or four adults with special needs while at the water park and she had to balance the needs of all of them.

Or, more likely, there was a group of six to eight adults with special needs (maybe a few in wheelchairs) and there were two aides responsible for all of them.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:57 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Sorry, I got far behind.

Has anyone seen the go find me for the boy? In 9 days they only raised $31,747. Really shocked it's not over $50k

Old 08-12-2018, 09:04 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,161,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
He’s not a sociopath, sociopaths are of normal
Or even high intelligence. Good grief.
You do realize that is not ALWAYS true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events