Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2018, 11:01 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
Of course he will be held accountable

The personal care attendant might also be held accountable if she wasn't following the plan

The agency can be held accountable as well if it's determined that the plan wasn't reasonable
I know you say "of course", but there are posters here who think he shouldn't be held at all accountable for this assault. That he should be allowed to go back to the water park next week.

I guess, next week though, he'd have a big burly caregiver with lightening fast reflexes who doesn't take his eyes off him for even a moment.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:05 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I know you say "of course", but there are posters here who think he shouldn't be held at all accountable for this assault. That he should be allowed to go back to the water park next week.
Which posters?
What did they say that lead you to believe that?

Old 08-12-2018, 11:09 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Of course he will be held accountable

The personal care attendant might also be held accountable if she wasn't following the plan

The agency can be held accountable as well if it's determined that the plan wasn't reasonable
You're forgetting the water park.
Had they filed a police report when their lifeguard was assaulted (bit under water so hard that his skin broke, and he had to go and get treatment for any possible communicable diseases) had they ( the city) filed a report of assault, it would have been on the news the month before. Where was the League of Justice who must be within Arm's Reach of him at all times so that he does not drowned anybody, beat them up in the tube, do anything naughty to them in the bathroom that time?
The park workers let the man back in, knowing this, and he committed another Violent Act.
Would they be responsible?
Would the young boy's parents have even taken him to the water park?
Would they have prefaced his visit with "stay away from any bigger boys'
...would they have left if they knew the guy was there who did that last month?
If the 18 year old's father (whom he lives with) would have said "No more water park for you buddy, you ain't the shark!" would this have happened? Who paid bail?
The only one who could have ultimately made this not happen is the 18 year old man who committed the violent act, and yes he is free to go out on public outings. Maybe hes now not allowed at the water park, finally.

Last edited by RbccL; 08-12-2018 at 11:20 AM..

Old 08-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

Quote:
Which posters?
What did they say that lead you to believe that?
Well, post #259, for starters.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:17 AM

7,591 posts, read 4,161,936 times
Quote:
Why I feel less anxiety, tens of thousands of people are no longer locked away from society and are free to pursue meaningful lives.
Nice. My anxiety stemmed from my incompetence of being able to teach my daughter skills that I had not yet possessed.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Nice. My anxiety stemmed from my incompetence of being able to teach my daughter skills that I had not yet possessed.
To be fair, there's no "teaching" you could have done with this child to have him able to prevent this.

It seems clear there was no warning, or the other patrons would have stopped it. It isn't like he was lured there by this guy, or had any chance to get away once the assault happened.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:38 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times
Quote:
Well, post #259, for starters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
I know mentally diabled people, and do not fear or hate them.

Im not defending a man - I am defending a child in a man's body. I would be fine with him being anywhere in public - under supervision.

Why did you ignore my question about the negligent caregiver?

Excellent post! You sound like a very aware and caring mother. I agree that most of the time people show signs they are different.
What here says he shouldn't be held at all accountable?

Old 08-12-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
What here says he shouldn't be held at all accountable?
This is awkward. If you would like clarification on another person's opinions it's probably best if you ask them yourself?

Old 08-12-2018, 11:46 AM

7,591 posts, read 4,161,936 times
Quote:
To be fair, there's no "teaching" you could have done with this child to have him able to prevent this.

It seems clear there was no warning, or the other patrons would have stopped it. It isn't like he was lured there by this guy, or had any chance to get away once the assault happened.
Well, I did say I evaluate the setting. I probably would have been on the slide with my 8 year old. I am not one of those parents who tell my child to do something by themselves and call it independence.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elyn02 View Post
Well, I did say I evaluate the setting. I probably would have been on the slide with my 8 year old. I am not one of those parents who tell my child to do something by themselves and call it independence.
Do we know the boy was on the platform without a parent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events