Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2018, 06:48 PM

7,460 posts, read 4,703,255 times

Advertisements

The lesson is when you give money, anything can happen and will happen to that money. Be it charities, tithe, fund-me sites, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2018, 08:13 PM

31,939 posts, read 27,048,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just rehashing what some locals claimed on a local news-centric page.

But if the couple were to get a lawyer to expose that so called truth, as you said, they would implicate themselves in a sort of fraud/fraud conspiracy scenario (rather than what is now allegedly some sort of one-sided theft scenario though could also be fraud). Wouldn't be too smart unless they were offered some type of deal for implicating Bobbitt in said fraud, on the criminal law end. Wouldn't be good to implicate themselves in EITHER scenario, fraud or theft, or anything else, without sound legal advice and possibly the promise of a deal for certain info and/or testimony.

They should get a lawyer and follow their lawyer's advice no matter what happened here.

Kate McClure and Mark D'Amico already are lawyered up. They are the only ones appearing in court on their behalf as neither of those two egits have obeyed court orders to show before the judge.

Even *if* there was a criminal conspiracy, one or both of these two idiots would have done well by confessing all upfront to their attorney. Such privileged lawyer/client conversations cannot be disclosed in court.

Lawyers like Saul Goodman don't just exist on television you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7404XMzHr-M

Remember when the going gets tough you don't want a criminal lawyer; you want a *CRIMINAL* lawyer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvlEqAjg8aU

You think guys to defend all sorts don't know what their clients have been up to? The dirty and more complicated things are just raises the fee.

Heck even the original attorney for Lizzie Borden had letters in his possession that haven't seen the light of day since. In short while Miss. Borden was likely innocent of killing her parents, she also probably knew with more than unusual certainty who did the deeds.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippeekayay View Post
The lesson is when you give money, anything can happen and will happen to that money. Be it charities, tithe, fund-me sites, etc.

Actually it is a better reflection to vet who is taking the donations, not the recipient.

But then again everyone from churches to Red Cross (among others) have been caught with their hands in the piggy bank, so you really can't tell these days who is on the up and up with any certainty.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:19 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,777,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

Remember when the going gets tough you don't want a criminal lawyer; you want a *CRIMINAL* lawyer.

It's doubtful they can afford a CRIMINAL lawyer. They don't seem smart enough to have saved or hidden any of the money (not that stealing it was smart in the first place, but...). They pissed it all away.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 09-05-2018 at 08:36 PM..

Old 09-05-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Exactly, JG!

I tend to believe it's the more likely story.

Again that story makes no sense.

First and foremost no one knew before hand how much money that GFP would generate.

Two, why would Bobbitt need to cut anyone in on the action? He had nothing to lose and the page was created in *his* name as an act of charity.

The couple in question are two time losers with problems ranging from gambling to drugs and all other sorts. They are far more likely to have conceived a scam from the start and or after seeing how much money was rolling in.

Kate McClure and Mark D'Amico are (or were) close to busted far as money was concerned. Then suddenly they found themselves guardians of nearly *One Half Million USD*. Better still in their minds much of those funds were and or are tax free. Yeah, like they were going to hand all that money over to Mr. Bobbitt a homeless man with a drug problem.

In summation whatever good intentions these two egits had flew out of the window as the sums grew larger. Once GFM deposited over $350k into their accounts that was that, as I've said some was skimmed off the top at once (trip to Vegas, Broadway shows, new BMW, etc....) the rest which wasn't given or used for intended purpose either was also skimmed and or is being stashed.

Mark D'Amico is a gambling addict by his own admission. Maybe he needed to pay off "Tony and the boys" to cover old debts. Only ones that know where all this money went are Miss. McClure and Mr. D'Amico; and for now both are clamming up.

My guess is one or both will not show up on Monday, I'd be shocked if they do appear in court unless a bench warrant is issued. One or both may have high tailed it out of state thinking that could derail and or delay proceedings (it won't by much).

My other guess is neither D'Amico and the McClure woman planned on Mr. Bobbitt not being easily managed and lead. Likely they assumed to have themselves a pigeon they could satisfy with a small portion of the take and would go away happy. Sadly for both Mr. Bobbitt seems to have more brains than the pair of them and is making their lives a misery.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
It's doubtful they can afford a CRIMINAL. They don't seem smart enough to have saved or hidden any of the money (not that stealing it was smart in the first place, but...). They pissed it all away.
Yeah the "Saul Goodmans" of this world don't come cheap; well not the good ones with a record of getting their clients off.

So if you want to make more money, *and* keep more of the money you make.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDX61C8Rcgw

Old 09-05-2018, 08:39 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,453,798 times
Have a bimbo who works as a receptionist and can't manage to keep gas in her car or money /CC in her wallet, add her guido boyfriend with a gambling problem, and have them manage the funds raised to provide shelter to a homeless guy with a drug problem. What could go wrong?

This story is so absurd, I hope they make a movie out of it. Somehow, Joe Pesci has to be in it.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
It's doubtful they can afford a CRIMINAL lawyer. They don't seem smart enough to have saved or hidden any of the money (not that stealing it was smart in the first place, but...). They pissed it all away.

If this is true then they are going to be royally screwed.

GFM isn't going to let this lie; they are going to get that money back unless or until this "couple" can prove sums went to designated purpose.

When (not if) IRS and state of NJ tax authorities start going over 2018 tax returns these two likely also are going to have some explaining to do.

Oh, and Kate McClure and Mark D'Amico *still* owe Mr. Bobbitt over $300k unless courts find otherwise.

Old 09-05-2018, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Have a bimbo who works as a receptionist and can't manage to keep gas in her car or money /CC in her wallet, add her guido boyfriend with a gambling problem, and have them manage the funds raised to provide shelter to a homeless guy with a drug problem. What could go wrong?

This story is so absurd, I hope they make a movie out of it. Somehow, Joe Pesci has to be in it.

Wait for it; my guess is the McClure woman is going to run on Mark D'Amico and "play the female". That is she'll start with "it was all Mark's idea, he abused/threatened me....."

Old 09-05-2018, 08:53 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,453,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Wait for it; my guess is the McClure woman is going to run on Mark D'Amico and "play the female". That is she'll start with "it was all Mark's idea, he abused/threatened me....."
I'd think they would prefer just one of them take the fall than both. Who knows what these two scroungers are willing to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events