Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 10:37 AM

3,882 posts, read 2,370,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Are people really arguing that talking to the neighbor first was not the right thing to do?
How about being a good neighbor to begin with? Why should we all have to talk to someone about knowingly objectionable behavior? There are ordinances in most places in the US. It is not OK to have your pet go in someone else's yard and not pick it up. There is nothing to talk about, just pick up after your pet. The guy lies, they knew what was going on, you can see it in the video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 11:54 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,468,632 times
BTW... black pepper works well. I sprinkled a great deal of it where my neighbor constantly allowed his dog to eliminate. I sprinkled and waited. Two hours later I heard a dog coughing and sneezing. I peeked out the window to see him shaking his head and backing away while his owner stared in bewilderment.

That was the last time that dog came sniffing around and pooping on my property.

When owners refuse to control their dogs, do it for them. If black pepper doesn't work, find something stronger.

Old 09-18-2018, 11:58 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,363,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDown View Post
You should not have to tell someone to pick up after their dog. It's common sense. My dog, my mess. Clean it up.
Of course.... unless you're an arrogant sob that thinks the 'rules' don't apply to you.

Old 09-18-2018, 12:11 PM

16,272 posts, read 10,401,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Are you suggesting that she didn't talk first? Nowhere in that video does she say she didn't speak to the dog owner prior to the incident. HE said it, not her. I have no doubt that she voiced her opinion loudly many times without success. But like the dog owner said "They's small dogs", which translates to small poop, I suppose, which to a dog owner translates to "nothing to be upset about".

The video clearly shows her lawn covered in dozens of splotches of yellowing, dead grass, the unmistakable signs of dog feces and urine. That's been going on for a long time.

He's lucky she didn't poison those dogs.
When she was being interviewed she had every opportunity to tell the reporter, who was clearly questioning her behavior, that she had tried to talk to the neighbor. But she never said that, instead she tried to justify her actions. So it clearly never happened, which was confirmed by the dog owner.

Guys I am not defending the dog owner. It just seems to me a conversation would be the first place you start before resorting to this sort of things. If a guy is throwing a loud party is the move to politely ask them to keep it down or is the right move to charge in, unplug everything, and scream for the guest to get out?

Just applying common sense here.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 09-18-2018 at 12:22 PM..

Old 09-18-2018, 12:52 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,019,200 times
The dogs aren't even on leashes that I could tell.

In fact, one of the owners was standing there watching the dogs go in the yard. I SURE don't blame the lady for being mad.

But again...I'm wondering...who makes this a news story? I'm not calling out the OP...but who decides this belonged on TV? That just baffles me. LOL

Old 09-18-2018, 01:46 PM

16,272 posts, read 10,401,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
The dogs aren't even on leashes that I could tell.

In fact, one of the owners was standing there watching the dogs go in the yard. I SURE don't blame the lady for being mad.

But again...I'm wondering...who makes this a news story? I'm not calling out the OP...but who decides this belonged on TV? That just baffles me. LOL

I don't blame the lady either. But there is no indication that the owner had any idea this was so upsetting to the woman. That's why a conversation should take place so he knows to keep his damned dogs off her lawn. If they continue then and only then can I see her taking further actions.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:55 PM

3,075 posts, read 1,542,319 times
Quote:
When she was being interviewed she had every opportunity to tell the reporter, who was clearly questioning her behavior, that she had tried to talk to the neighbor. But she never said that, instead she tried to justify her actions. So it clearly never happened, which was confirmed by the dog owner.

Guys I am not defending the dog owner. It just seems to me a conversation would be the first place you start before resorting to this sort of things. If a guy is throwing a loud party is the move to politely ask them to keep it down or is the right move to charge in, unplug everything, and scream for the guest to get out?

Just applying common sense here.
Gosh someone here with a nice atitude. Most want to shoot, poison etc the dog and never start any conversation. Heaven forbid people should talk to one another. Good neighbors on any issue are very scarce today. Most would run you over if you were laying in the street before they stopped to help or call 911. Just ask the police. So what would you expect when its about a dog.

Old 09-18-2018, 01:56 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Several years ago I had a neighbor lady that walked her dog by my property, and always stopped to let her dog poop on my front lawn, and never would pick it up. It was happening on a regular basis, so one day when I was home, and saw her doing it, I walked out and asked her politely to not do that anymore. She stopped walking by my house altogether after that as I never saw her again. Maybe she moved. Who knows.

I now have issues with another neighbor who has FIVE chocolate brown Labs he lets out at all hours, and lets them bark in their fenced in yard. They bark at EVERYTHING. So I guess another polite conversation is in order.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:01 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,486,905 times
Quote:
I don't blame the lady either. But there is no indication that the owner had any idea this was so upsetting to the woman. That's why a conversation should take place so he knows to keep his damned dogs off her lawn. If they continue then and only then can I see her taking further actions.

How dense do you have to be to not know someone doesn't like dog crap on their lawn?

Old 09-18-2018, 02:19 PM

3,075 posts, read 1,542,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Several years ago I had a neighbor lady that walked her dog by my property, and always stopped to let her dog poop on my front lawn, and never would pick it up. It was happening on a regular basis, so one day when I was home, and saw her doing it, I walked out and asked her politely to not do that anymore. She stopped walking by my house altogether after that as I never saw her again. Maybe she moved. Who knows.

I now have issues with another neighbor who has FIVE chocolate brown Labs he lets out at all hours, and lets them bark in their fenced in yard. They bark at EVERYTHING. So I guess another polite conversation is in order.
Good for you! Worked the first time. Might or might not work again but at least its a civilized place to start. Go from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events