Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 09:27 AM

255 posts, read 168,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I do love my precious little doggie. And I pick up after him. If he were to defecate on a neighbor's lawn, I'd bag up the mess and dispose of it in a public trash receptacle; since I have poop bags with me every time I take my dog anywhere. (It's not likely, since he's on a leash every time we walk past people's yards, but it's not impossible either, I suppose.)

Though I privately think of my dog as an emotional support animal (because he gives me valuable emotional support), I have never claimed that status for him, since my emotional state is not so fragile that I have a medical need for it; i.e. I can go places without him.

Dogs don't end up defecating on other people's yards because their owners love them; it happens because the owner is too lazy to pick up the mess. That has more to do with laziness or arrogance than love.

It's a shame that you seem to dislike dogs so much. Most dogs are good and valuable companions to single people and families, and/or working dogs. Sadly, some dog owners can be as clueless and arrogant as people who don't own dogs.
Why would your dog be on someone else's lawn in the first place? I LOVE dogs. I have always had dogs. I have two dogs right now. I spend a LOT of time walking my dogs, training my dogs, competing with my dogs, hiking with my dogs... I also spend a lot of money on my dogs. I love my dogs. I also agree completely with her post. "Some" dog owner? Way more than some. The emotional support nonsense you mention is a case in point. I appreciate that you do not exploit this useless loophole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2018, 08:38 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,256,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Are people really arguing that talking to the neighbor first was not the right thing to do?
I don’t understand why it is always the non dog lover that has to talk to the dog lover first before taking any action. The idiots know what their animals are doing.

Old 10-05-2018, 12:31 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
Now that it's socially acceptable for dogs to go grocery shopping with their owners, be leery of food products on the bottom shelf. Those who don't care that their dog relieves himself on our property won't care when he lifts his leg to the potato chip bags on the lower level.

Or maybe the dog will find little glass jars more appealing... and he'll whiz all over the baby food jars. After all, it's just a small dog. Just wash the jars and outer bags first... and get over it!
Such odd scenarios that people come up with...

It's not socially acceptable for dogs to be in grocery stores. It's actually a health code violation. Dogs are not going around peeing on your chip bag. If they are, it's in your own home, and you have only yourself to blame.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:00 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,395,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post

It's not socially acceptable for dogs to be in grocery stores. It's actually a health code violation. Dogs are not going around peeing on your chip bag. If they are, it's in your own home, and you have only yourself to blame.

So you haven't seen the little dogs in the grocery carts up in the area where kids sit? I have. Don't approve of it, either.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:06 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,256,658 times
Quote:

I do believe you need to get out of your house now and then.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
So you haven't seen the little dogs in the grocery carts up in the area where kids sit? I have. Don't approve of it, either.
No, I have not. Dogs are not allowed in grocery stores, it's against health code. Every store has a "no dogs" sign on the door. I have seen people attempt to bring an animal into the grocery store, but they're quickly stopped at the door by a manger and told to leave. I would not think any store would risk getting fined, or possibly shut down, over a dog.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I do believe you need to get out of your house now and then.
No need to worry about me, I get out plenty. But then, I get out into the real world... Not this fantasy land that so many others seem to live in.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:27 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,395,703 times
Quote:
No, I have not. Dogs are not allowed in grocery stores, it's against health code. Every store has a "no dogs" sign on the door. I have seen people attempt to bring an animal into the grocery store, but they're quickly stopped at the door by a manger and told to leave. I would not think any store would risk getting fined, or possibly shut down, over a dog.

Service dogs MUST, by federal law, be allowed everywhere - stores do not want to risk a federal lawsuit. Not a problem for me as true service dogs are the best trained dogs on the planet. Emotional support animals (not required to be trained for anything) are not allowed in grocery stores but people push that so hard that some stores are afraid to say no. There is push back starting, but there ARE dogs in grocery stores whether you've seen them or not. Southern man is correct.

Old 10-05-2018, 02:12 PM

1,879 posts, read 1,553,712 times
My grandparents were full time RVers, and despite asking a neighbor to not let their dog poop in their lot, or to at least clean it up, the owners kept letting their dogs doing. One day, my grandpa got tired of it and smeared it on their camper!

Old 10-05-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Service dogs MUST, by federal law, be allowed everywhere - stores do not want to risk a federal lawsuit. Not a problem for me as true service dogs are the best trained dogs on the planet. Emotional support animals (not required to be trained for anything) are not allowed in grocery stores but people push that so hard that some stores are afraid to say no. There is push back starting, but there ARE dogs in grocery stores whether you've seen them or not. Southern man is correct.
The poster I replied to wasn't talking about service dogs. Service dogs are well trained, and are not going around peeing on chip bags or baby food jars.

They're also not riding around in the cart as you claimed in your post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events