Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 12:08 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
So, I guess you could say",They were on a leash"
Yeah, cause killing innocent animals is hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
How is it not necessary?
Because this thread has absolutely nothing to do with service dogs. So brining up the "but fake service dogs!" argument is just silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I would be more concerned about the person who did that, than the idiot who let their dogs run loose.
Me too. I would be very disturbed to know that one of my neighbors would do that to a dog, let alone multiple dogs. If they have no problem killing animals, what else might they do the next time they're mad at a neighbor? It's sickening that people think that type of behavior is perfectly acceptable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 02:21 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,192,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I would be more concerned about the person who did that, than the idiot who let their dogs run loose.
"Running loose" and being destructive and a threat.

It was a relatively small, rural community with a few smallish developments on the fringes occupied by foreigners. My understanding from the few local people I knew as acquaintances was that this man had enjoyed his role as harasser and that killing these wild dogs was done by several people.

People there dealt with their community problems themselves, and only called the police for major problems.

Old 10-07-2018, 02:28 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
The last place I lived a guy had three dogs running wild in the neighborhood, and he was totally FU to all complaints from his neighbors.

One morning he came out to find his three dogs hanging by their necks from a tree in his front yard. So, the woman in this thread is showing restraint.
Decent people don't commit such acts, and neither do they condone them.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:39 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Although decent people can allow others to kill such dogs for them. It’s not about killing dogs but about the procedure. And when the proper procedure is followed those who kill dogs are decent people.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:55 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Although decent people can allow others to kill such dogs for them. It’s not about killing dogs but about the procedure. And when the proper procedure is followed those who kill dogs are decent people.
No, decent people do not killing dogs and then string them up in trees as some kind of vigilante justice. That's a disturbed individual, not someone who was following the "proper procedure".

Decent people call animal control and report the owner to the proper authorities. The owner was the problem, the dogs were just being dogs. Unless properly trained a dog does not know that running loose is a problem. Yes, calling animal control might also lead to the dogs deaths, but at least it will be done humanely. There is no reason to torture a dog to death because of a bad owner.

Old 10-07-2018, 03:27 PM

^^^What she said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
What a false equivalency.

Last edited by Metlakatla; 10-07-2018 at 03:42 PM..

Old 10-07-2018, 04:30 PM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post

It would definately be disturbing to have a person like that somewhere in the neighborhood, but it is something for pet owners to keep in mind. If pets are annoying the neighbors, you never know what sort of nut case might be somewhere close.

It's not unusual for dogs that bark constantly and donkeys who sing at break of day to be poisoned.

Part of keeping your pet safe is making sure your pet isn't annoying the neighbors.

That "neighbor close by" can cover a lot of territory. I once tracked down a loud, noisy, constantly barking dog and that dog was three miles from my house. I talked to close neighbors and they hated those dogs with a passion. No one hurt those dogs, but be aware that if your dogs are annoying neighbors, they migt be annoying a lot of people and the percentage of nutcases in our society can be rather high.

Last edited by oregonwoodsmoke; 10-07-2018 at 05:35 PM..

Old 10-07-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
It would definately be disturbing to have a person like that somewhere in the neighborhood, but it is something for pet owners to keep in mind. If pets are annoying the neighbors, you never know what sort of nut case might be somewhere close.

It's not unusual for dogs that bark constantly and donkeys who sing at break of day to be poisoned.

Part of keeping your pet safe is making sure your pet isn't annoying the neighbors.

That "neighbor close by" can cover a lot of territory. I once tracked down a loud, noisy, constantly barking dog and that dog was three miles from my house. I talked to close neighbors and they hated those dogs with a passion. No one hurt those dogs, but be aware that if your dogs are annoying egbrs,they migt be annoying a ot of people and the perentage of nutcase in our society can e rater gh.
I don't disagree with this, woodsmoke, and certainly wasn't attempting to make a case for letting dogs roam free. There are a lot of sick individual out there, and many serial killers and other violent criminals abuse and kill animals before going on to humans.

Old 10-07-2018, 05:37 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
I saw one last week prancing around Walmart. Walmart sells groceries. Just because you're unaware doesn't mean you're right.

But, but, but . . . his experience is the ONLY experience, didn't you know?

Old 10-08-2018, 05:51 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, decent people do not killing dogs and then string them up in trees as some kind of vigilante justice. That's a disturbed individual, not someone who was following the "proper procedure".

Decent people call animal control and report the owner to the proper authorities. The owner was the problem, the dogs were just being dogs. Unless properly trained a dog does not know that running loose is a problem. Yes, calling animal control might also lead to the dogs deaths, but at least it will be done humanely. There is no reason to torture a dog to death because of a bad owner.
So you agree with me; the proper procedure should be followed for killing dogs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events