Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 12:02 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times

Advertisements

There was a press conference, the video is linked in the link in post 17. The FAs on the flight and the FA union were there, holding signs that said "respect" in English. I don't understand the language but reports on it in multiple sources I've seen are consistent. Just because some tabloid-like media sources picked this story up and major American news sites haven't (but see below) doesn't mean it isn't true or has been sensationalized.

It is possible the FA is being dramatic or flat out lying, but this is possible in many initial news reports we see where we get one side, even from mainstream sources. Look at the Covington High School students and Native American man story. I saw that negative story about the kids all over major mainstream American news sources in my social media feed initially, only to find out days later that maybe it wasn't all as it seemed. Now celebs like Kathy Griffin have deleted nasty tweets about it because more details have emerged that may have changed the story. Can we call that initial reporting "sensationalized" too, or no, because they're mainstream sources in the US that people somehow trust?

Here's a CNN article about the EVA airlines story, happy? A legit enough news source for some of you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2019, 03:12 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
The perverse PC culture that the fringe has cultivated and most have tolerated has turned airliner cabins into zoos - literally and figuratively. Not all that long ago, when we still dared human behavior expectations, a story like this would have been unbelievable. Now it's just another day in our continuing downward spiral.

Soooooooo.......many reasons not to fly....ever again....under any circumstance.

Old 01-24-2019, 04:04 AM

130,332 posts, read 12,105,905 times
aghhhhhhhh

While the FA would have been within her rights to refuse this idiot, she was probably fearful for her job. It is not an American company. I hope they do ban him ( client) from flying with them again.

Old 01-24-2019, 05:41 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,875,268 times
He is a fetishist,plain and simple.He gets some kind of weird pleasure from making people clean his feces while he manages to display his junk...….so weird.He shouldn't even be allowed in th airport

Old 01-24-2019, 06:47 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
The perverse PC culture that the fringe has cultivated and most have tolerated has turned airliner cabins into zoos - literally and figuratively. Not all that long ago, when we still dared human behavior expectations, a story like this would have been unbelievable. Now it's just another day in our continuing downward spiral.
Well, it's not PC to make overweight passengers pay double, either. But some of them should.

Old 01-24-2019, 07:00 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
Yep! I remember a story from when I was a kid, my Old Man had to work for a living, and he came home with an aching back one day. He asked my Mom to put "Absorbine Junior" (I believe it contains alcohol, you don't see it much anymore) on his back. So, he's sitting on the edge of the bed in his skivvies, and she fills the palm of her hand with the stuff, slaps it onto his back, and most of it runs down into his plumber's crack; it was reportedly less than a pleasurable experience.

He told that story for the next twenty years, my poor Mom.

I was surprised that this guy got away with behavior like this in the past - check out You Tube videos of "irate airline passengers" and it wouldn't take much imagination to see another passenger taking this guy to task for his behavior, if it was obvious he was faking a disability for the female attention.
Did your father ever ask your mother to rub his back again?

I have searched for 'Absorbine Junior' for a long time! I liked to rub my tired, sore, feet with it after a long day's work. I never tried it on more personal areas!

This man obviously has 'problems' that make him unfit to be fly in an airplane, or travel on a train, bus, or boat with other passengers. It's a health issue because we do not know what this man has come in contact with. And, like you state; another passenger might not be so obliging which could lead to an altercation.

Old 01-24-2019, 09:35 AM

652 posts, read 340,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
You must not be familiar with the NY Post.
No worse than The NY Times.

Old 01-24-2019, 10:51 AM

3,465 posts, read 4,841,577 times
They should have landed the plane, put him off and then continued on their way.

Old 01-24-2019, 11:05 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
You must not be familiar with the NY Post.
Admittedly, not very.

Old 01-24-2019, 12:52 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,396,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
They should have landed the plane, put him off and then continued on their way.
Not many runways between LA and Taiwan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events