Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 09:15 AM

5,462 posts, read 5,705,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
Why was a parent not there while a child was being examed? I was always in the room with my child.
As a male, when you get your genitals checked, even as a minor you can request that your parents/nurses leave the room. Especially if the pediatrician will ask questions related to your sex life that MOST teenagers/minors will want to be confidential, if the doctor wants truthful answers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 09:29 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,842,348 times
Probably hired nurses of similar perversion.

What a POS. Why'd it take so long? I'll bet plenty knew and said nothing.

"Authorities had a chance to stop Barto in 2000, when he appeared before the Pennsylvania Board of Medicine on administrative charges that he molested two young girls in the 1990s. But regulators threw out the case and allowed him to keep practicing medicine, saying the allegations were "incongruous to his reputation." At the time, the prominent pediatrician had a lot of support in the community."

Actually, there are many POS's and they all need to be investigated.
Why are children not valued instead of being used as prey? HARSH penalties need to be administered for this evil crap.

Last edited by 4dognight; 03-19-2019 at 09:37 AM..

Old 03-19-2019, 10:09 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...uld-do-n982131

Here is fuller account of Barto’s pedophilic crimes.

This man needs to be in prison permanently.

Old 03-19-2019, 10:40 AM

19,610 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post

Yes, sick, sick.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:10 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,311,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
He got 79 years.

Big whoop, he's 71. Got away with it.
Maybe not. Depends which prison they place him in, it could be a very brutal experience for him. He could possibly find himself on the receiving end of sexual molestation by hardened criminals.

Quote:
<snip This man needs to be in prison permanently.
Agree and at his age I hope there won't be any compassion to release him early or to a halfway house.

United States Penitentiary (Lewisburg, Pennsylvania): In this overcrowded supermax, the target of multiple lawsuits, prisoners are locked down for 23 to 24 hours a day in the company of a cellmate. One lawsuit alleges that prison officials deliberately pair people with their enemies, and that this practice has led to at least two deaths. The suit also claims that prisoners have been strapped to their bunks with four-point restraints if they resist their cell assignments.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...n-quentin-ely/

Sometimes the punishment does fit the crime.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:47 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,140,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeIsWhere... View Post
Maybe not. Depends which prison they place him in, it could be a very brutal experience for him. He could possibly find himself on the receiving end of sexual molestation by hardened criminals.

Agree and at his age I hope there won't be any compassion to release him early or to a halfway house.

United States Penitentiary (Lewisburg, Pennsylvania): In this overcrowded supermax, the target of multiple lawsuits, prisoners are locked down for 23 to 24 hours a day in the company of a cellmate. One lawsuit alleges that prison officials deliberately pair people with their enemies, and that this practice has led to at least two deaths. The suit also claims that prisoners have been strapped to their bunks with four-point restraints if they resist their cell assignments.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...n-quentin-ely/

Sometimes the punishment does fit the crime.
I am appalled at the conduct of the doctor, and the inaction of the governing bodies until now. But keeping prisoners under inhumane conditions is not civilized behavior. Being imprisioned with no recourse is more than sufficient punishment. I do not believe that prisoners should be coddled, but I do not believe human beings should be treated cruelly, and indeed neither does our Constitution.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:13 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,244,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Probably hired nurses of similar perversion.

What a POS. Why'd it take so long? I'll bet plenty knew and said nothing.

"Authorities had a chance to stop Barto in 2000, when he appeared before the Pennsylvania Board of Medicine on administrative charges that he molested two young girls in the 1990s. But regulators threw out the case and allowed him to keep practicing medicine, saying the allegations were "incongruous to his reputation." At the time, the prominent pediatrician had a lot of support in the community."

Actually, there are many POS's and they all need to be investigated.
Why are children not valued instead of being used as prey? HARSH penalties need to be administered for this evil crap.
How? Is it part of the interview process?

Extremely rare for a woman to be a pedophile.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:28 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,554,021 times
He should be hanged, remains cremated then thrown in the garbage. Instead, this twisted system will take care of him until he dies of old age. sigh.

Old 03-20-2019, 01:50 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,581,566 times
Quote:

I agree, but they need to study him and figure out what is causing this!!! Are these people born this way or do they acquire this at some point...these are the questions I would like to see answered, because then, we can devise a way to stop, treat, or reduce the likelihood of it happening to more people.

Old 03-20-2019, 09:00 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,554,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I agree, but they need to study him and figure out what is causing this!!! Are these people born this way or do they acquire this at some point...these are the questions I would like to see answered, because then, we can devise a way to stop, treat, or reduce the likelihood of it happening to more people.
Before we try to figure something so complicated out, I think every person who sat on that board who voted for the doctor to continue his practice should be hit with assisted child molestation criminal charges. That would be a step in the right direction for society to deal with this bottom feeding scum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events