Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 07:16 AM

17,316 posts, read 22,056,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
There are many, MANY heterosexual couples who adopt large numbers of kids and abuse or kill them. This one just happened to be a lesbian couple.
Many Many? Large numbers of kids?

I gotta ask: Got a link to support this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 07:22 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post

You can google it, but with 60,000 kids just in 2016 being taken away from abusive/neglectful moms/dads, I think the stats speak for themselves.
The sexuality of the crazies is irrelevant.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:11 AM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You can google it, but with 60,000 kids just in 2016 being taken away from abusive/neglectful moms/dads, I think the stats speak for themselves.
Sexuality most certainly is relevant if the abuse was/is being ignored because of it. It's strange to me how nobody even entertains that notion.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:47 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
How many of these 60,000 children were removed from adoptive parents, rather than bio parents? I think you'd find a far lower percentage of adopted kids among this sad total.

Clearly, neither of these women should ever have adopted or had biological children at all, and it's a disgraceful tragedy that none of the previous reports of abuse were taken seriously enough to remove the children from them. Hindsight...

Old 04-10-2019, 10:55 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post

Six kids were murdered because a couple of white women couldn't live with being exposed for what they really were: narcissistic monsters.
Nacissistic white monsters. Let's not leave out the important details here. /s

Old 04-10-2019, 11:08 AM

4,249 posts, read 3,727,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post

As has been noted, you can google for any number of them. Here are a couple:

https://web.archive.org/web/20141220...atrialxml.html

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...387513611.html

https://wjla.com/news/nation-world/r...e-for-11-years

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ia/2570373002/

There's a current case going on in NH where abuse has not yet been proven but there are a LOT of red flags. In that case, though, it was the parents who were killed.

There's an interesting documentary by Dan Rather that recounts several of them -- one is a couple who adopted a bunch of children and when they weren't sufficiently grateful and compliant they threw them out.
Dan Rather Investigates America’s Most Pressing Issues in “Dan Rather Presents” | AXS TV

There's a big push right now in the right wing evangelical community for people to adopt children for Jesus. When the children are insufficiently grateful, the parents abuse them and eventually either kill them, throw them out on the street (sometimes even fabricating assaults, calling the police, and having the child arrested) or putting them on a plane with a one way ticket back to their country of origin, with no money, a changed identification, and having been stripped of their citizenship.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:14 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
What was it about those two females that netted them six adopted children in the first place? Was it their lesbianism or their "marriage" that made them so attractive to the adoption services.
I would think it was their willingness to take in sibling groups of older children of color. Its not like a lesbian couple who wants to adopt is going to just be handed over baby after baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
It is evil when you call someone a bigot for bringing to light what may have gotten six children murdered.
You really think the mothers being gay is what caused the children's deaths? I would have thought it was some serious mental health issues... Unless you think being gay is a mental health issue (which its not).

Old 04-10-2019, 11:23 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,557,161 times
Why didn't they just turn the kids in then go out Thelma and Louis style? I just don't get it, unless they were demonically possessed maybe?

Old 04-10-2019, 11:49 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,024,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Why didn't they just turn the kids in then go out Thelma and Louis style? I just don't get it, unless they were demonically possessed maybe?
Because they probably had serious mental problems and we're delusional enough to think they were the only one's who could "care" for these children.

Same for murder/suicides committed by bio parents.

Old 04-10-2019, 02:30 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,476,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
I would think it was their willingness to take in sibling groups of older children of color. Its not like a lesbian couple who wants to adopt is going to just be handed over baby after baby.

You really think the mothers being gay is what caused the children's deaths? I would have thought it was some serious mental health issues... Unless you think being gay is a mental health issue (which its not).
You may be absolutely correct. I don't know. None of us does. What bothers me is that nobody wants to ponder ANY possibility that the CPS authorities turned a blind eye because of the lesbian factor. Are you 100% sure that didn't happen?

All I'm saying is "Let's look", but everyone else is screaming "Bigot!" at me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events