Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 01:38 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,411,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
My imagination is playing it like this...

These 2 have a bad history. She's always on alert. He comes busting into her house, maybe breaking the door and making lots of noise in the process. Maybe he stood outside her door for a few minutes threatening or cajoling her, and she had time to prepare. She knows who it is because they have this violent history, and maybe he's threatened her before.

Maybe she's planned escape routes all over the house. What would she do if he caught her in the kitchen? What would she do if he caught her in the bathroom?, etc. I feel like he didn't creep up on her. He made his presence loud and clear, and it gave her time to react appropriately.

But that's my imagination playing out. LOL
I like part of your theory, he gave her time to react. But prepare? By heating oil? No I'm thinking she was cooking when he arrived and the oil was already hot, then she fired at him when she felt the threat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 01:48 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,068,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I like part of your theory, he gave her time to react. But prepare? By heating oil? No I'm thinking she was cooking when he arrived and the oil was already hot, then she fired at him when she felt the threat.
That would almost have to be it, heating a pan of oil would take what, ten minutes even at high heat? But then again, if it were at full boil, his burns would be much worse than they looked in the photo, and he'd probably be blinded as well - more likely the grease was just "hot" (maybe 160°F). While hot oil is apparently pretty effective as a weapon, the odds of your burning yourself (or starting a fire in your kitchen) with it is too high for my tastes, and only effective if you hit your target on the first try (or, what if there were two attackers?). My guess is that a can of wasp spray and a lighter would make a pretty good de-facto "flamethrower", but would you want to use it inside your house? IMHO, the "best" thing a person can have in their home, is "impenetrable" doors and locks, which would take ten minutes to get through even with a hammer or ax, to give time for police response (or for you to heat up a pan of grease, LOL).

Anyway, good for her for having the wits and gumption to protect herself from an armed goon.

Old 08-07-2019, 01:51 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post

Some people keep bacon grease in a bowl or a coffee can for seasoning green beans, wilted salad, etc. If the dude was making lots of noise, she could've warmed up the grease in the microwave, or poured it into a frying pan and it would've heated up pretty quick.

But it's predicated on the guy making plenty of noise and threatening behavior, allowing her the time to heat up the grease.

Old 08-07-2019, 01:54 PM

2,971 posts, read 3,419,564 times
This would make a good murder ballad, but there probably is already one on this subject.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:01 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,713,860 times
Feel good story of the year!

Not the most charitable attitude of me...but I can't help feeling satisfaction when justice is served immediately and vigorously to a scum bag such as this.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:16 PM

15,834 posts, read 6,539,575 times
Brutal.

But just watch her get sued by his lawyer.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:21 PM

6,361 posts, read 4,184,849 times
The Libs will say she’s guilty of using excessive force to defend herself ❗️

Old 08-07-2019, 02:25 PM

830 posts, read 486,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
Feel good story of the year!

Not the most charitable attitude of me...but I can't help feeling satisfaction when justice is served immediately and vigorously to a scum bag such as this.
Yes, but I don't think he was planning on doing anything nice to her so I can't help but agree with you - Feel good story of the year.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:53 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,068,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Brutal.

But just watch her get sued by his lawyer.
If I'm on the jury, he gets squadoosh. But as they say, "Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six". Very applicable here.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:00 PM

2,001 posts, read 2,512,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
kuddos to her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events