Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2022, 08:28 AM

2 posts, read 2,313 times

Advertisements

Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses (more than 90 different types), and we're only just beginning to understand their true diversity. As our understanding grows, we will learn more about these viruses and develop better ways to prevent or treat coronavirus infections in humans.
Visit this website to know more https://externalaffair.wordpress.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2022, 11:05 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2790173

Ivermectin appeared to work in areas with strongyloidiasis, because dexamethasone (covid treatment) caused over growth in strongyloidiasis, which is deadly, but ivermectin killed the strongyloidiasis (which it is made to do), so it seemed it was helping covid, but it wasn't.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-20-2022, 09:26 AM

26,739 posts, read 26,834,489 times
"Two hundred and forty thousand! That was an inconceivable amount of death. Four times the number of Americans who died in Vietnam. Eighty times the number who died in the 9/11 attacks.

“As sobering a number as that is, we should be prepared for it,” said Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation’s leading infectious disease expert. Trump added that there was “light at the end of the tunnel” if we behaved as we should, but that “we’re going to go through a very tough two weeks.”

Today, two years later, we all know how that worked out. We didn’t behave as we should. We didn’t see the light after two weeks. And we didn’t have 100,000 deaths, or 240,000 deaths either.

Instead, we’re now closing in on 1 million deaths. As of Sunday, total U.S. COVID deaths were at 986,000, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, with 400 more Americans dying each day."

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...u-s-death-rate

Old 04-24-2022, 08:10 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,853,022 times
Not covid-related but sudden athlete deaths have been discussed here and some might find the article to be interesting-

https://www.outsideonline.com/health...oung-athletes/

Old 04-29-2022, 01:05 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,585,685 times
The good news is that I can get my second booster next week at my local Publix. I miss counted the time from my first booster. Because of my age and multiple health issues, I want to get it asap. Can't be too careful at my age.

Old 05-04-2022, 07:48 AM

"Until now, scientists had been reassured that people who survived the first Omicron variant over the winter, BA.1, were unlikely to be reinfected by the even more infectious subvariant BA.2, which is now dominant nationwide.

BA.2.12.1 is estimated to be 25% more transmissible than BA.2."

New coronavirus variants emerge: BA.4, BA.5 likely reinfecting Omicron survivors:
https://www.latimes.com/california/s...cron-survivors

Old 05-04-2022, 08:52 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
Cognitive Impact of Severe COVID Is Equivalent to 20 Years of Aging, Study Finds
Quote:
In a study comparing 46 severe COVID-19 patients with 460 matched controls, researchers found the mental impacts of severe COVID-19 six months later can be the equivalent to aging 20 years – going from 50 to 70 years old – or losing 10 IQ points.

The specific mental changes were also distinct to those seen in early dementia or general aging.

Old 05-27-2022, 07:01 AM

"The coronavirus variant that is now dominant in the United States is a member of the Omicron family, but scientists say it spreads faster than its Omicron predecessors, is adept at escaping immunity and might possibly cause more serious disease.

Why? Because it combines properties of both Omicron and Delta, the nation’s dominant variant in the middle of last year.

A genetic trait that harks back to the pandemic’s past, known as a Delta mutation, appears to allow the virus “to escape preexisting immunity from vaccination and prior infection, especially if you were infected in the Omicron wave,” said Dr. Wesley Long, a pathologist at Houston Methodist in Texas. That’s because the original Omicron strain that swept the world didn’t have the mutation.

The Omicron subvariant gaining ground in the U.S. — known as BA.2.12.1 and responsible for 58% of U.S. COVID-19 cases last week — isn’t the only one affected by the Delta mutation..."

The Omicron subvariant spreading across the U.S. shares an ominous trait with Delta:
https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...-pandemic-past
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events