Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 01:22 PM

23,861 posts, read 33,533,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
Law enforcement knew he was building bombs for over a year. His girlfriend filed a police report last year. It doesn't indicate intent to bomb Nashville. It is disturbing that he has been making bombs since August 2019.

Nashville Tennessee Police Report August 21st, 2019
https://ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com/...marked-pdf.pdf

Here's the story.

Anthony Warner's girlfriend warned police he was building bombs in his RV last year
https://www.newschannel5.com/news/ne...s-rv-last-year
Thanks for finding it. Haven't had time to google today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Bizarre, absolutely, bizarre!
Who in their right mind supposedly calls the police to report bomb making then goes about life. Because the officers had no 'right' to access???? Pretty sure they can get a warrant for this illegal activity.
Something is not sitting well with this girlfriend.

Rarely do I go via alternative reality, yet I just can't buy into this idea he did it willingly. I think he was kidnapped or strapped in to the RV....and set up in that place. The real person's behind it simply get away with it. I'm open to being wrong....it could very well be as they are reporting.
It's very bizarre! I can't believe they didn't get a warrant.

I don't buy that he was forced, especially with the ex GF reporting on him. He's guilty and local LE and the FBI effed up!

Last edited by Roselvr; 12-30-2020 at 01:33 PM..

Old 12-30-2020, 02:29 PM

50,723 posts, read 36,431,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Thanks for finding it. Haven't had time to google today

It's very bizarre! I can't believe they didn't get a warrant.

I don't buy that he was forced, especially with the ex GF reporting on him. He's guilty and local LE and the FBI effed up!
Hearsay probably isn’t enough to go on for a warrant. If my next-door neighbor called the police and says I’m making bombs in the house, I would hate to think that they could come in and ransack it just based on that. How many calls do the police deal with a year made by angry exes? They did go out to the house and I guess talk to him, and they did pass it onto the FBI. Seems the FBI should’ve followed up more. But he didn’t appear to have a record or any other reason to suspect him further I suppose.

Old 12-30-2020, 06:19 PM

9,846 posts, read 4,630,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Hearsay probably isn’t enough to go on for a warrant. If my next-door neighbor called the police and says I’m making bombs in the house, I would hate to think that they could come in and ransack it just based on that. How many calls do the police deal with a year made by angry exes? They did go out to the house and I guess talk to him, and they did pass it onto the FBI. Seems the FBI should’ve followed up more. But he didn’t appear to have a record or any other reason to suspect him further I suppose.
Was going to say. They said he was 'capable' of making a bomb.

I don't think that blast used explosives though. I think he sealed up the RV air tight and filled up the interior with propane which would not only explode but had a lot of built in shrapnel ie screws, rivets, sheet metal etc. that did the damage we saw. I don't buy a missle, a second bomb etc. Just look at what happens after an accidental gas explosion in a house-the damage is described as if a bomb went off.

Old 12-31-2020, 02:18 AM

433 posts, read 532,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Oak Ridge is a good distance from Nashville (though close to Knoxville). Given its significance, I would assume they have their own safeguards re. cooling, etc. Still, there have been reports of cell phone outages as far away as Columbus, Ohio, which is at least a seven hour drive from Nashville.
Here are some possible sites to check cell phone outages---
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=cell+phone...p+today&ia=web

Old 12-31-2020, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Was going to say. They said he was 'capable' of making a bomb.

I don't think that blast used explosives though. I think he sealed up the RV air tight and filled up the interior with propane which would not only explode but had a lot of built in shrapnel ie screws, rivets, sheet metal etc. that did the damage we saw. I don't buy a missle, a second bomb etc. Just look at what happens after an accidental gas explosion in a house-the damage is described as if a bomb went off.
That makes sense. I remember a few years ago several houses in a row that all used gas blew up due to some problem in the line (can't recall the city) and it looked like Beirut.

Old 12-31-2020, 03:00 AM

Quote:
One of them should have gotten a warrant or kept following up until they did talk to him because they did not talk to him back then, no one answered the door.

Quote:
That makes sense. I remember a few years ago several houses in a row that all used gas blew up due to some problem in the line (can't recall the city) and it looked like Beirut.
I think that was the Edison area

Old 12-31-2020, 03:40 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
So why didn't the police or FBI ask the girlfriend to being them proof?
Even a photo?

Old 12-31-2020, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
One of them should have gotten a warrant or kept following up until they did talk to him because they did not talk to him back then, no one answered the door.

I think that was the Edison area
I'm sure they thought once they passed it off to the FBI they would follow up. It really does sound more like FBI territory than local cops territory.

Old 12-31-2020, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
So why didn't the police or FBI ask the girlfriend to being them proof?
Even a photo?
I wonder if they were broken up at that point but I agree. They could have possibly used her to get proof of some kind.

I wonder if this is the ex he left his car to.

Quote:
I'm sure they thought once they passed it off to the FBI they would follow up. It really does sound more like FBI territory than local cops territory.
Agree, especially with all the terrorism, they should have followed up on it. I guess the damage is on them

Old 12-31-2020, 07:18 AM

35,016 posts, read 16,978,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDancer View Post
I've been watching this too. Simultaneously frightening, depressing, and unsurprising.
This is another piece of the depressing drumbeat of events fitting into the mold of Charleston Demonstrates: You ARE Your Brother's Keeper; Mental Health, Not Guns, Root of Problem. I have posted on this before. People as troubled as the Nashville perpetrator and the ones outlined in that thread that I highlighted usually "broadcast." He did say some alarming things to the effect that "Nashville was always going to remember him." People shouldn't just let those remarks go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
This going to put an end to "boondocking" or stealth camping. No more parking your RV overnight at the Walmart parking lot.
Banning that is like a general fighting WWI, much less the last war. But then again that's the way they always fight terror; crippling airport checks to prevent a repeat of September 11, when no one has done that for 19 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events