Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 04:22 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,768,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltdumbear View Post
Logic-dictates that if WE are here, then 'They' are surely out there...somewhere...

...and most-likely 'everywhere' we HAVE'NT even thought to look.

By my reckoning...when 'they' are ready to 'announce' thier presense...they will do-so...

...but it will be on THIER terms, and when 'they' think WE are 'ready' to accept them for who & what they are...where they come from, and why (exactly) they chose that particular moment in OUR mental ('spiritual' ?) development, to make thier presense known to us.

Right now, we can't even figure-out how to 'get-along' with OURSELVES, let-alone another 'off-world' species...

...so my guess is that whatever these 'things' are we're seeing (with increasing-frequency) are 'Watchers'...maybe even remotely-controlled devices sent into our atmosphere, because 'they' know we are such a twitchy/hyper-judgemental species, that we'd be more likely to shoot-first, and ask questions later...

...and one has to admit...we ARE very-likely to do exactly, just that.

Why would'nt we ? ? ?
i dont see any logic to assume there are alien watchers keeping an eye on us to see if we are ready to meet them. this isnt star trek where starfleet is waiting for a society to reach a point to make first contact. my personal belief is that there have not been aliens on this planet and if there ever were aliens they would probably kill us, eat us and consume the resources of our planet.

i would have to assume the aliens willing to spend all the resources necessary to travel thousands of light years are probably doing so to gather benefits for their own people. the last thing we should do is try to encourage someone out there to find us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2021, 04:30 PM

154 posts, read 230,871 times
If they were friendly they would give us cures for diseases and solutions on energy production and how to live in peace.
Most of those who have stories on abductions say they were treated like lab animals.

Old 02-27-2021, 04:32 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,650,047 times
So, 2020 = global pandemic. 2021 = alien invasion. What's up for 2022? Zombies, or maybe the rapture?

Old 02-27-2021, 07:47 PM

30 posts, read 35,372 times
Default Hmm

Seems to be increasingly pushing that narrative, leaving the question, WHY?

Old 02-27-2021, 08:47 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,091,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

..... I got pictures of it on my phone but half an hour later, while I was pumping gas, my autistic son had grabbed my phone & smashed it into pieces in the car.....
The aliens knew you had the pictures and they sent a telepathic message to your son to smash the phone to smithereens. They promised him if he smashed it for them they'd come back for him when he's older and take him for the most fantastic ride of his life. So he did it of course. How can any telepathic receiver worth his salt turn down an offer like that?

Old 02-27-2021, 09:02 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,091,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i dont see any logic to assume there are alien watchers keeping an eye on us to see if we are ready to meet them. this isnt star trek where starfleet is waiting for a society to reach a point to make first contact. my personal belief is that there have not been aliens on this planet and if there ever were aliens they would probably kill us, eat us and consume the resources of our planet.

i would have to assume the aliens willing to spend all the resources necessary to travel thousands of light years are probably doing so to gather benefits for their own people. the last thing we should do is try to encourage someone out there to find us.
Nay. Those are the kinds of logic and behaviours that humans express and do. I think you are thinking too much like a human and not enough like an alien. You can't anthropomorphize aliens and expect that they will behave the same way humans behave.

I do agree with you though that humans should not be trying to encourage aliens who don't already know about us to come find us. Who knows, those ones might be 10 times more barbaric than humans are.

I think aliens seeded us onto this planet as an experiment and have been keeping an eye on us and our solar system for millions of years.

Old 02-28-2021, 12:23 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,643,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Nay. Those are the kinds of logic and behaviours that humans express and do. I think you are thinking too much like a human and not enough like an alien. You can't anthropomorphize aliens and expect that they will behave the same way humans behave.

I do agree with you though that humans should not be trying to encourage aliens who don't already know about us to come find us. Who knows, those ones might be 10 times more barbaric than humans are.

I think aliens seeded us onto this planet as an experiment and have been keeping an eye on us and our solar system for millions of years.

Yep, and this is a very real possibility, we have NO idea what is out there or what they may be like.

I just watched the Chronicles of Riddick movie, where the 'Necromongers' lay waste to every planet they visit and enslave or kill everyone on the planet...It left me wondering how we would respond if such an alien civilization came to earth, its unlikely the worlds militaries could even slow them down, I bet the entire battle would be over within hours and world leaders would be kneeling before their new masters.

Old 02-28-2021, 06:14 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,155,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yep, and this is a very real possibility, we have NO idea what is out there or what they may be like.

I just watched the Chronicles of Riddick movie, where the 'Necromongers' lay waste to every planet they visit and enslave or kill everyone on the planet...It left me wondering how we would respond if such an alien civilization came to earth, its unlikely the worlds militaries could even slow them down, I bet the entire battle would be over within hours and world leaders would be kneeling before their new masters.
Steven Hawking warned about this possibility. New civilizations on Earth meeting for the first time have had conflicts that ended badly for one of them. Look how the Native Americans were killed in the early days of the country.

The same could be said for us treating visitors badly. military or citizens could become hostile to benign visitors, who decide to hit back. May not end well for us. Even if we win the loss of life and damage may be extreme.

Old 02-28-2021, 11:13 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,751,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Maybe they have already, but everyone is either a believer or not based on what the governments and government institutions tell them.

The reality is that pilots of different aircrafts and even austronauts constantly see weird things all over the world and many report it to the authorities, sometimes making it to the news. It's not as if many austronauts or pilots are particularly quiet about these things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZvxyg52OP4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60ZJQ4I7_3M

As previously said, whether they are extraterrestial or man made remains up for grabs, but that UFO's are real it should be common knowledge by now.
If these UFOs are man-made they can't have anyone inside because the g forces would crack anyone's back unless some anti-gravity tech was discovered and not made available and it would take some major government back operation to make something like this not just a small lab stuff. And it would take a lot of minds to collaborate to create this tech and I doubt you can keep this tech a secret amongst large groups of people who worked on it.

Old 02-28-2021, 11:19 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,643,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
If these UFOs are man-made they can't have anyone inside because the g forces would crack anyone's back unless some anti-gravity tech was discovered and not made available and it would take some major government back operation to make something like this not just a small lab stuff. And it would take a lot of minds to collaborate to create this tech and I doubt you can keep this tech a secret amongst large groups of people who worked on it.
Look at how many people were involved in the development of the Stealth Bomber, or nuclear weapons...they managed to keep these details secret, for very long periods of time.

Besides that, its already been confirmed that our govt has 'recovered alien material'...the Army has a contract to study the recovered technology in hopes of creating better weapons!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...better-weapons
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events