Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 10:32 AM

29,506 posts, read 22,620,513 times

Advertisements

I know the previous thread was locked, but just wanted to give an update on the road rage murder case.

Mods, feel free to update that thread and re-lock if needed, thank you.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/7581276002/

Quote:
One day after the mother of the 6-year-old boy killed in a road-rage shooting pleaded for justice at his memorial service, two people were arrested in connection with the boy's death.

The California Highway Patrol said Marcus Anthony Eriz, 24, and Wynne Lee, 23, were taken into custody Sunday outside their home in Costa Mesa and are expected to be charged with murder.

The fatal shooting of Aiden Leos, 6, occurred May 21 on State Route 55 in the city of Orange after Aiden's mother, Joanna Cloonan, reported being cut off as she was driving her son to kindergarten.

According to Cloonan and those who stopped to help her, Cloonan made a hand gesture to the car that cut her off, which then drove behind her, and someone fired into the car. Aiden, who was sitting in the back seat, was shot in the abdomen and later pronounced dead at a nearby hospital.

"She had to hold her little boy as he died," Aiden's sister, Alexis Cloonan, said of the boy's mother immediately after the shooting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2021, 10:36 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
unbelievable a young girl having to make a speech about not growing up with her brother. id like to execute this guy with a cheese grater.

Old 06-07-2021, 01:00 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Thank you for the update.
Officers are to be commended for their investigation and retrieval of the alledged culprits.

Old 06-07-2021, 01:56 PM

9,833 posts, read 4,623,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
unbelievable a young girl having to make a speech about not growing up with her brother. id like to execute this guy with a cheese grater.
Usually high profile funerals don't affect me but after watching a news report and some of the speeches given I was speechless. This was a tough one to watch.

RIP Aiden Leos

Old 06-07-2021, 02:01 PM

37,590 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Me as well. I hope they FRY. It's unfortunately that CA has revoked the death penalty.

Old 06-07-2021, 02:02 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Thank you for the update.
Officers are to be commended for their investigation and retrieval of the alledged culprits.
im sure they just used the tracking tools that they have but dont want us to know about. they track your cell phone locations and then they have sensors on tons of cars, light poles, etc. etc. etc. to always track where we are. it seems they only use them for certain high profile cases, not all major cases. it would be interesting if at some point someone finds out which cases were worthy of using the technology and which werent.

Old 06-07-2021, 03:23 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
im sure they just used the tracking tools that they have but dont want us to know about. they track your cell phone locations and then they have sensors on tons of cars, light poles, etc. etc. etc. to always track where we are. it seems they only use them for certain high profile cases, not all major cases. it would be interesting if at some point someone finds out which cases were worthy of using the technology and which werent.
Those of us who are true crime freaks know that they can track our movements as long as we have our phones with us.

You should watch the show Person of Interest that was on a few years ago. Can probably get it streaming.

Old 06-07-2021, 03:43 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,043,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Me as well. I hope they FRY. It's unfortunately that CA has revoked the death penalty.

Criminals have more rights than Victims in California!

What a Great State ~! (for convicts, jail-birds, Thugs and Undesirables)

Old 06-07-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I know the previous thread was locked, but just wanted to give an update on the road rage murder case.

Mods, feel free to update that thread and re-lock if needed, thank you.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ed/7581276002/
SOMEONE is gonna collect HUGH REWARD... i think it was up to 400k~

Nice...and for a good Cause !

Old 06-07-2021, 03:51 PM

Here's more info on these 2 mutts;

https://heavy.com/news/wynne-lee-marcus-eriz/

Apparently, one was a Gun Nut...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events