Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 09:43 PM

11,442 posts, read 5,973,383 times

Advertisements

Yes, she has been on the news and YouTube for a while. What can you say? Or do? Just another statistic. It could be anything from abduction to a jealous boyfriend, drug overdose, runaway, hiking accident, spontaneous trip with a friend and irresponsibly not calling mom.

Prayers up. These usually don't end well, and the longer the worse. It is always heartbreaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2022, 03:04 AM

1,212 posts, read 732,197 times
There is a notable long tight curve across a section of the lake.

And then there are ways in which a vehicle under G-forces can go off the inside of a curve. Basically, with an over-corrected slide, the vehicle snaps it's nose towards the outside of the curve but it can cover ground to the inside while turning to the outside

Last edited by T Block; 08-17-2022 at 03:12 AM..

Old 08-17-2022, 10:11 AM

50,730 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Have you ever met a teenage girl? lol

I was one, and a party girl at that. My parents didn't "let me" go to parties with drinking, they just kinda gave up trying after a while... because if they'd said no, I would have just snuck out anyway. Better they knew where I was and who I was with, especially being the days before cell phones.
It was a big graduation bash, so I can't imagine most parents would forbid their kid to go. The problems came in when older people showed up.

Old 08-17-2022, 10:40 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,777,431 times
My suspicion is that someone offered to walk her to her car while she was heavily under the influence, and once at her car abducted her. They had the presence of mind to turn off her phone or toss it. Or she may have voluntarily went to her car or someone else's for an intimate moment that got out of her control. Either way I'm thinking the worst case scenario here and hopefully they catch whoever may be responsible for her disappearance.

Old 08-17-2022, 11:02 AM

13,703 posts, read 7,984,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Yes, she has been on the news and YouTube for a while. What can you say? Or do? Just another statistic. It could be anything from abduction to a jealous boyfriend, drug overdose, runaway, hiking accident, spontaneous trip with a friend and irresponsibly not calling mom.

Prayers up. These usually don't end well, and the longer the worse. It is always heartbreaking.

I remember a story about a young couple that suddenly went missing. It made the national news. However, they hadn't actually disappeared but had run off to get married without telling anyone. Needless to say their families as well as authorities were upset. But that was a one-off. The vast majority of stories where someone goes missing don't end well.

Hopefully the teen simply took the car and ran off with someone. Or perhaps there was an accident and the girl/car not yet found.

But if I had to place a bet... that teen was murdered.

Last edited by john3232; 08-17-2022 at 11:15 AM..

Old 08-17-2022, 11:35 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,700 posts, read 58,022,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post

But if I had to place a bet... that teen was murdered.
There has been quite a rush of abductions.

Scary, but potentially a better outcome than murdered.

Old 08-17-2022, 11:37 AM

2,458 posts, read 2,475,255 times
Another couple reported missing a day later in the same general area. Authorities think unrelated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppLPjyFPlgg

Old 08-17-2022, 02:47 PM

5,158 posts, read 6,133,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
Another couple reported missing a day later in the same general area. Authorities think unrelated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppLPjyFPlgg
That is quite a coincidence. Hot August Nights draws in a tremendous amount of people to the area from all over the USA. Same phone scenario also with theirs being turned off.

Old 08-17-2022, 03:17 PM

2,458 posts, read 2,475,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
That is quite a coincidence. Hot August Nights draws in a tremendous amount of people to the area from all over the USA. Same phone scenario also with theirs being turned off.

Serial killer is always a possibly. If so, he'll strike again.

Old 08-17-2022, 03:24 PM

221 posts, read 133,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I haven't watched the video, but I'd caution against throwing out accusations like this... especially when your only reasoning is "they weren't acting like I think people should act." Everyone reacts differently to shock and trauma, but accusations like this RUIN people's lives, and often stick even when evidence proves otherwise. And with social media these days, just one word from anyone could end up causing a ripple effect. Please don't be that person.

Edited to add: We also don't know the relationship between this girl and her parents. It's possible she's run off before, and they're hoping that's the case now.
So true. I may report my post to see if someone will remove it.

The few times I've said it it's the parents came out as true... EXCEPT with Jon Benet Ramsey. Clearly that father did not do anything to his daughter and still wants DNA checked. I can just tell, and they refuse to do it. Poor guy, he's been keeping this investigation open for decades now.

The Mom seemed to have a personality disorder so didn't seem to feel as others do. Not that she wasn't as upset, she just came across much differently. I suspect that is why they become suspects.

I live near Truckee. The rumor here is that the missing hispanic couple from Yuba City was staying at the same Campground. I don't know if it's true. They visited Hot August Nights in Reno that night and the women was in contact, present or on the phone with an ex boyfriend and current boyfriend. Sometimes a recipe for disaster
https://www.kcra.com/article/what-we...city/40902480#

Both are being reported as missing from Nevada County which is very odd. We don't get missing people in Truckee, it's full of well to do very stable people. It's a great place we'd love to live there someday but until then, all we do is shop there. I pass thru there for work.

I suspect they may be related. There are rumors here in our small town but most often, they are actually true.

No matter what, all 3 missing individuals were in the same spots in Truckee.

Last edited by RVerJenny; 08-17-2022 at 03:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events